• Yes, Just Watching

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No, Cant Make It This Year

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I Will Be There, Camera Crew ;)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just received confirmation that Cal Hartline will be attending this event as well as Jason Cramer! :smile:

Now is the time to get that "expert" tune on your car, or contact Jason if you need parts and save yourself shipping.

Weather is predicted to be really nice, so the weekend should bring lots of people and cars.

I'll be there on Sat if I can get the car done...have tomorrow and next Wed to get it done...having intercooler pipe fitment problems with my new 71HPQ turbo...hopefully I'll get it resolved tomorrow...$50 to get in the gate...forget that!

I'm sure nick will work out the 50 buck deal. We will pay 25.

Also nick, no racing on Friday night?

Also glad to hear jason is coming down this year. Its always nice to see him and talk to him. I'm sure he will like to see my downpipe.

I am going to give it my best shot at attending the WCN.
Jeff

Attachments

• TA.jpg
    TA.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 193
My dad and i will hopefully be there we live about 4 hours from the track...its all on if we can sell some stuff to get the money to go...i hope i can get my first low 12 possibly high 11 time slip...its not the fasstest but i dont wanna cage my buick so its fast enough

4 hours from Kingman to Speedworld ? :confused: Taking the scenic route or something ? :biggrin:

Jeff has new heads!

You are correct. I had them mounted on Tues. and I was nervous about possible coil bind so I pulled them off to have Kenny take a look. False alarm I had .075" before coil bind so yesterday I reinstalled them. Don are you using 5/16" push rods? Richard Lee suggested that I go with 3/8" with the heaviest wall possible (.145") and I am not sure if I can make them work without some modifications to the head. I guess I will find out today.
Jeff

JEFF, if i can help in any way let me know. im free this weekend.

Thank you very much for the offer. I should be able to get it finished this weekend. I am also taking next week off.

When I was at Kenny's he had just finished the twin turbo that Len Freeman runs. They were going out to Vegas this weekend to run a 10.5" class. He was expeecting the car to be in the 6.80's and that should put them in the top five for the event.

Jeff

You are correct. I had them mounted on Tues. and I was nervous about possible coil bind so I pulled them off to have Kenny take a look. False alarm I had .075" before coil bind so yesterday I reinstalled them. Don are you using 5/16" push rods? Richard Lee suggested that I go with 3/8" with the heaviest wall possible (.145") and I am not sure if I can make them work without some modifications to the head. I guess I will find out today.
Jeff

I use thick wall 7/16 to 3/8 single tapered Manton's with 5/16 ball ends. With the M&A heads and Jesel rocker combination, I did have to move the pushrods holes around a little.

4 hours from Kingman to Speedworld ? :confused: Taking the scenic route or something ? :biggrin:

nope no scenic route just time to stop for food and what not my last trip was around 3hrs...that and im go in a group so i try not to leave people behind

Nick, ALSO from what im seeing there is no racing friday night? no test in tune or anything :(

All is arranged for our setting up our spaces and leaving our cars/trailers Friday from noon until 5 PM. At that time you will be required to purchase your tech card and tickets for crew members for the venues you want to do.

There are actually 3 race events for the weekend- Saturday day where the Buicks will have special lanes, Saturday night street drags and Sunday day, more Buick racing. :cool:

After the Saturday day program, there is going to be a "fish fry" meal provided to Buick racers compliments of Dick and Julie Kereny. They will share their personal catch of delicious ocean caught fish to be cooked on site, with side dishes provided by other locals. Should be a great time for all! :D

Just to clarify the "arrangements" for this event, and eliminate any confusion with the Olds and Ponitac show and race for Saturday, I want to let the Buick owners know that participation with their race and show program is optional.

They will be charging a $50 gate fee which includes participation in their racing program.

For those racers that are not sure, or do not want to participate, pay just the regular gate fee, and then if you want to race their Olds/Pontiac program, pay them direct to Steve.

The regular racer's gate fee provides a tech card for running your car. :)

i feel retarded for asking this question but i feel someone is going to ask it eventually;

the gate fee for wcn = $25 (or whatever they charge for regular gate fee)

the gate fee for wcn and pbo (bop :D ) = $50

buickbert

pay $25 to get in and race. you want to enter the BOP call pay 25 more

Well just so everyone knows if you read this, your cars are safe. I finally got here at 6pm after 2 trips to sahuarita arizona which is south of tucson. Anyways see you all tomorrow

Some pictures of the event:

Attachments

• Speedworld 002.jpg
    Speedworld 002.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Speedworld 003.jpg
    Speedworld 003.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Speedworld 004.jpg
    Speedworld 004.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Speedworld 005.jpg