Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I Will Be There, Camera Crew ;)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Well since the event is offically 2 weeks away and i havent heard much, im going to make a offical thread for it. NICK please chime in here. As of right now i know they are also having a PBO Fall Fest Nov 28. I hope this doesnt override or take over the WCN. here is the info on the PBO Fall Fest posted by steve, he only has a few posts on this board so i dont know.

PBO Fall Fest Phoenix Nov 28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
My name is Steve Barcak and I am hosting the 1st annual PBO Fall Fest meet at Speedworld Dragstrip on Sat Nov 28th.
I am looking to reach more Buick owners who may be interested in attending. Also looking for event sponsors too.

The PBO Fall Fest will feature 4 race brackets, parts exchange and car show.

Open to all years and models of Buicks, Pontiacs and Olds.
gates open at 8am
a web page has been started just for this event too pbofallfest.org
as of now-
bracket 1 electronics
bracket 2 no electronics, everything else
bracket 3 no electronics, everything else except must use DOT tires
bracket 4 same as bracket 3 but just trophy

possible index classes if their is enough interest too

general admission is $15 for spectators.
Free car show entry OR swap space entry with admission for this first time event

Racing-
Brackets 1-3 is $50
Bracket 4 (trophy) is $30
Racers, this is the total fee to race- car and driver. There is no additional gate or entry fee. you only pay once to get in.

There has not been an event like this in the Phx area in 20 years. I would appreciate very much your supporting this event and help to make it grow.

questions? comments? email me direct at steve@pontiacheaven.org or post here or call me 480-899-7873

finally, a 2nd annual PBO Fall Fest Date has been set on Nov 13, 2010
thank you

Steve
Hosting-
Pontiac/Buick/Olds FALL FEST Sat Nov 28, 2009 Phoenix
pbofallfest.org
8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! April 11, 2010 Phoenix
nostalgicshowandgo.org

Also from what im understand nick micale is getting cal hartline out here as well for the event. this will be great. not sure who else will show but please let us know if you are going to come out or not.

Nick, what time is the gates opening? are we getting special access through JOMAX rd friday? then normal access through happy valley sat and sun?

how much is the tickets for racing? how much for spectating?

Most importantly i can have my same spot correct?

anymore info would be great like who is all coming either to race or watch?

So with that being said who is coming? Are you going to RACE or WATCH?

If someone is going to spectate only can someone please get some good footage? stills? at the line at the end of the track ect like the bigger events. anyways i will stop rambling.

Brent

I'm on the fence.

PBO is not the proper term. It's BOP. Buick comes first.

Wcn '09

My dad and i will hopefully be there we live about 4 hours from the track...its all on if we can sell some stuff to get the money to go...i hope i can get my first low 12 possibly high 11 time slip...its not the fasstest but i dont wanna cage my buick so its fast enough

good to hear. i guess im the only one that truly gets over excited about this event. last year 2 weeks after the event i was planing for the next one.

This is just plain sad. Where's all the west coast Buick racers? Makes me want to move to the east coast.

so far i think the first year was the best year so far. this is going to be the 4th annual at Speedworld.

The first year we had several vendors there with killer giveaways. the giveaway prizes where a stroker setup, fully built trans, etc. we had several big name people there as well.

i know jason cramer was there with his family and they had a stand up with parts that you could buy there.

i know cal hartline, dick kerney, donnie wang, nick micale, len freeman, jan moller, gallina and others i cant remember right now where there.

So whats up people? why is no one going? This is the one big event for us westcoast guys and its not even a good turn out. What can I or WE do to get more people to come?

is it a bad weekend? cant be money since you can save all year for it. Please let us know so we can make it a huge event

I myself would like to see more raffles and vendors there.

I will be there every year i can. might not make it one or two years do to work.

Maybe vendor Support? i dont know

I agree, the first year was the best yet. The vendor support was great, but on the same token, it was the biggest turn out too. It would be great to see more vendors, give a ways, and most of all racing, but to get that we need more people to come, and if nothing else, show their support and enjoy the racing that will be happening. I know my dad and I will be there with both of his cars, so hope to see more of you out there.

i agree, i think the 2nd year probley had the best turn out. first year there was alot but i think there was more the 2nd year. anyways atleast come out and show some support. the more people we get the better. it would sure be nice to get this event as big as some of the east coast events.

atleast we are moving up. im bring my car and my brother is bringing his so as of right now it looks like 6 if you and your dad are bringing 2. i know several of the local arizona guys will be there so where looking at around 10 so far.

I think ill be able to get the only other buick guy in my town besides me and my dad to come im sure theres gonna be more then 10 people they just havent hit up this thread yet is all...i have my hopes any way haha

Wasn't the first year also the only year not at Thanksgiving? Not a Rubiks cube.
I understand you have to work around the track schedule, etc. But, I'm sure that's the reason. I know thats why I haven't been back since the first year.

I think the first year was after thanksgiving as well not 100% sure but i think so.

so your saying its because of the weekend?

i know track prep is good and the track likes us there not like vegas.

vegas

vegas' track is horrible i always gain tenths in my et st speedworld over vegas and if someone does wreck or spill the track clean up is always quicker at speed world in my personal experiences

im ordering my new fuel pump for sure tommorrow, if this solves my problems and i dont break anything between now and then ill be there with quite possibly the ugly-est gn in arizona:D

buickbert

sounds good. get that **** toghter. im ordering two last min valve cover breathers tomorrow.

sounds good. get that **** toghter. im ordering two last min valve cover breathers tomorrow.

yeah yeah yeah ive been pre-occupied with the other money pit, but hey at least it took 2nd in its category at the all buick show @ royal last weekend:D

talked to a couple of guys there about a caravan to phx for the wcn, not sure whos going to make it but a couple said they were going.

also been helpin tim get his new rear axle back into his car so he car make it to the wcn with it.

buickbert

im waitin on my new powermaster to get here so ill have brakes lol it should be here soon hopefully i kinda need those

weather looks good

Friday, Nov 27
High: 69 °F RealFeel®: 70 °F
Sunshine
Friday Night, Nov 27
Low: 46 °F RealFeel®: 48 °F
Clear
Forecast Details | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast
Saturday, Nov 28
High: 68 °F RealFeel®: 68 °F
Sunny
Saturday Night, Nov 28
Low: 43 °F RealFeel®: 39 °F
Clear
Forecast Details | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast
Sunday, Nov 29
High: 68 °F RealFeel®: 66 °F
Sunny
Sunday Night, Nov 29
Low: 48 °F RealFeel®: 47 °F
Clear