Official 25.3 stock suspension Regal build

Beginning of rear firewall.

Attachments

• 25.3-9.jpg
    25.3-9.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 747
Here's the rear assembled and ready for mock-up. It needs to be back under the car so we can weld the upper spring locaters to the roll cage. I was using a 14" 130# coil over spring in the stock location on the other rear. It was a cast iron 9" with nodular center section, 3.70 street gears with solid 35 spline axles.

This is TRZ's fab housing, 3.5 tubes, Strange XHD aluminum case, 3.70 Pro-gears, Gun drilled and star flanged Strange axles. Stronger and lighter than what it's replacing. You can also see the Baer bearing retainer that also mounts the dual caliper rear brake system. Very nice piece.

Attachments

• 25.3-rear1.jpg
    25.3-rear1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 735
Last one for today. Here you can see the adjustable spanners for the spring. I will be using a 12" 130# spring to lower the ride height but will have the adjustability of a coil over. I also have several holes for the stock location shock so I can get the shock in the proper location at different ride heights as well as plenty of adjustability of the the lower control arm for instant center changes.

Attachments

• 25.3-rear2.jpg
    25.3-rear2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 713
The tin work in the trunk and the rear firewall will be complete today. Driver seat has been mocked up so the final pieces of the funny car cage can be built.

Hopefully all chassis work will be complete the end of next week so it will be off for paint. I'm going to seal up all the tin work with silicone then spray all the panels with a textured paint. Roll cage tubes will be painted a gray or dark gray color.

I could not find anything smaller than a 36" wheel tub. I didn't want a tub that looks like it belongs in Warren Johnsons car so I kept the outer stock wheel tub and we made a pattern to match. Then I had a local sheetmetal guy roll out some pieces to match the contour of the stock tubs.

Nica work Dusty!

Just a quick update. I've been busy on some side projects to pay for this one:biggrin: I rolled it out of the trailer today so I can get back to work on it.

Here's the new ride height. I'll be going to a TRZ arm/Santhuff coil-over on the front to get the nose down where it needs to be.

This is a 30" tire on the rear now. Back to the 295/65.

253ride.jpg

Just a quick update. I've been busy on some side projects to pay for this one:biggrin: I rolled it out of the trailer today so I can get back to work on it.

Here's the new ride height. I'll be going to a TRZ arm/Santhuff coil-over on the front to get the nose down where it needs to be.

ummmm wow, that should be a lot more fun when you run it out the back end.

253ride.jpg

Looks awesome! Did you have to modify the body at the front of the wheel wells to fit the 30" tire?

Looks awesome! Did you have to modify the body at the front of the wheel wells to fit the 30" tire?

I basically moved the wheels in 1 inch from where they were at with the new rear from TRZ. Everything worked great without modifying the wheel wells. There was quite a bit of work done to the inside frame and wheel tubs though:D I'll have more pics as I get things back organized. Every piece of interior, charge tubing and other pieces are all piled up inside the car. lol

Looks great Dusty!

Kinda cool to compare builds and see how fabricators choose different directions with their builds, but in the end, the outcome is very similar.

Good lick with your racing this season.

Todd