NRE built 2000hp TT 572" BBC 69 Camaro "Supercar"

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arrELslh57U[/YOUTUBE]

Doesn't get much better than this!:cool:

:eek::eek::eek: that's my other dream car wonder how much it cost to have nelson build a motor like that

2000hp, but he's only using about 800 on the street. The car does nothing but spin the tires. It's turned down big time.

Beautiful car but with the price tag those guys charge they can have it. It's really nothing that couldn't be duplicated by other shops for way less.

2000hp, but he's only using about 800 on the street. The car does nothing but spin the tires. It's turned down big time.

Beautiful car but with the price tag those guys charge they can have it. It's really nothing that couldn't be duplicated by other shops for way less.
100% True statement!!! I see a BIG waste of power there!! A 572 and twin turbo's = easy big power!

The one thing I will give NPE credit for is the fine work in the engine compartment, other than that anyone else can do..

SW.

There's no doubt plenty of other shops can duplicate it and for cheaper, but as Scot mentioned one thing you have to give to the guys at NRE is the meticulous attention to detail that they put into the engine compartment. That is why some guys are willing to spend the extra $$$.

Also, as was stated above by Ted it is obviously detuned big time for the street so if I were going to build one like that I honestly don't think I would need/want something as radical. A SBC with twins would be more than enough, hell I remember we had a car like that down here with a 406" 18* headed Dart based SBC with twin 70mm turbos. This car was street driven to all the local meets and ran low 8's @170+mph at the track and with stock leaf spring (Caltracs) suspension.

NRE 4 the win

Bad A$$ but they should have put an ls1/6 speed in it and it would have been better :rolleyes:

The craftsmanship is awesome in that. The power is insane. Love it.

I hate my life right now... In a class and the 'puter has no speakers! Can't wait to see it when I get home. Beautiful car, looks killer!

I like those rims. I can't imagine driving that car. I'ld get myself killed or loose my license.:D

I don't know about the car itself but NRE gets a bad rep as being over-priced on his engine packages. Anyone who has built a high end engine regardless of the make should know that top shelf engines from respected engine builders don't come cheap. Heck, even in the Buick community there are plenty of examples - RPE, DLS, Zimmerman, Duttweiler build top shelf engines and none of them are cheap - I'm sure there are good shops that can build the same thing on paper but will it hold up? You know the saying you get what you pay for.

As an example, I am in the process of building a twin turbo 455 LSx for my 1970 GS. I have spoken to several high profile LS engine builders around the country - Dan at DLS, Kurt Urban, LME, Virginia Speed, and even Tom Nelson himself. He was actually a very down to earth and knowledgable guy who was more than willing to share information concerning my project. I guarantee you they would all come in within a couple of thousand dollars of each other if quoting the same engine. The difference is that NRE is offering COMPLETE packages including headers, turbos, wastegates, engine management, fuel pumps, dynoed, tuned, etc. If you take the time to think about it and do the math, when you take the "cheaper" price from another shop and then have to come up with all the peripherals on your own and figure out how to package it, tune it, etc. you will have the same amount if not more than what he is offering.

I think Nelson likes to here himself talk (and video himself talking). Every 'NRE' video I've seen is just him talking and showing the tach @idle. Plus, there's no difference between 2,000hp and 1,000 on 18" drag radials. ..IMO