Now what!!!!!!!!No E85

blackmonte

New HP Technology !!!
Just fouund out the good news no more E85 at Gas City . Gas City is no longer it is now Speedway and they are not going to carry E85 . The one in Romeoville and Shorewood are gone. Man I am Pissed!!!!:mad:

What the puck. I went to the local gas city about a week ago and all the tanks were dry. They said that a new shipment was coming in a day or so. Just called them and got no answer??? Are they shutting down or something?

Many of the Gas City's were forclosed on and auctioned off recently. Some of them locally were bought by Shell and still have E85.

Just want to let you guys know the Jewel at rte 59 and 95th has E-85. I always fill up at the Road Ranger on roosevelt rd they were always way cheaper than Gas City anyways;)

There is gas station on Essington in Joliet that sells it, unless they went under too. Next time I go over there, I'll take a look.

The gas city that was on Weber and 55 in Romeoville is now a Speedway but they still sell E-85. The guy there had no clue if they plan on keeping it or not. For now its available....

Yeah I was by there today, I asked the same same thing he told me he didn't know how long also_Oh well I might need to get some gas jugs and fill those

There is a Minute Man on Harlem Ave in Riverside just south of the railroad tracks that carries E85 and a Marthon just North of that in North Riverside that carries.

The really sad part is that if I recall correctly- Speedway is owned by Marathon- who has ethanol production investments with "The Andersons".

GasCity struggled the last year or so financially- and it's pricing on E85 was poor. This did not help to show Speedway that big sales are possible if it is priced at 20% or greater discounts to gasoline (this is a magic number needed for the majority of the FFV's out there for being in the money. The 2L turbo Regal is supposed to only need less than a 10% price spread for breakeven).

There is a Minute Man on Harlem Ave in Riverside just south of the railroad tracks that carries E85 and a Marthon just North of that in North Riverside that carries.
Hey thanks, but I live in Plainfield / Joliet and by the time I got there to fill up and drive back home I would be empty lol

Well looks like I will be spraying Meth again!! I can't find E85 near me at all now, even the Bolingbrook is empty.This sucks because I love my car on this stuff . Oh well, Now I need to dig out my Alky kit , chip and get a new pump

There are four locations within 20 minutes of 290 and Manhiemn Road. Get you an old race fuel drum and fill it up. I remember they used to sell 15 gallon drums somewhere on Ebay. I dont think you drive your car enough to run out of fuel in one day. I sure can't. Fill the car and keep the rest for reserve. Nothing wrong with pump gas and alky but you will notice a difference in torque.

you can order pure methanol for about 250 shipped to your door for a 55 gallon drum. Thats roughly 4$ a gallon shipped to your door. I forget where I saw it, but I just typed in "methanol gas" into google.

It was nice before when there was 2 stations right by my house for E85 . I have been running my car on E85 for 3 years . My car is all set up for E85 . 120 # injectors , all stainless fuel system , tune 25 psi on e85 and my car ran sweet ! I might just buy my own gas station and have E85 all the time