Now THIS is a true fixer upper!

At first glance I would say the same thing. However, I stopped by the shop of Shawn O'conner , the turbo Buick guy in Pittsburgh, and he was parting out a GN that had burnt and had been sitting outside in the weather. I would not have looked twice at this car in a junkyard. He had sold the trans for $700.00 and after pulling a block of ice out of the oil pan proceded to rattle off the value of the engine parts that came to well over a grand. The engine bay of the GN looked alot like this TTA. :rolleyes:

Wow thats insane. I guess when you look at it the parts are pretty rare for the motor. But god damn. I mean just look at it.

Now you mention this burning GN, what the hell is it with these cars burning up. Now that I think of it i've seen pics/vids all too often. What the hell goes on that this happens.

On a side note I am goign to buy a mini fire extinguisher ASAP. I am not driving that car again until I have one. Maybe even 2 just in case.

Just talked to the owner of the car Brian. Had alot of money in the car. He didnt have insurance on the car because he was storing it for the winter. Ow!! That stinks! Says the jacket is the actual one worn by Bobby Unser. Have to see if anybody will bid on it. LoL Figured I could find out the story. What a shame about the car.

Wow that is a tough story. I feel for the guy. :(

Man I want that jacket. Too bad the fire is so bad. I guess the car probably is worth at least 1000. Maybe there are a few parts left in it you could do something with somewhere. But I don't know it looks pretty trashed pretty bad.

Everytime I see one of these I just want to save it. Someone remind me its probably not possible before I get some wild ideas lol. :(

Got first dibs on the jacket! Only kidding. Thats the big question, how many parts can you use. Lot of new parts he just put on also.

This car and guy was on the TTA list...before this happened obviously. He was trying to sell it on ebay last year. Looked beautiful then.

Griot's has a nice halotron fire extinguisher for $115.00. The can is chrome. I could never bring myself to fork out the cash but after seeing that rusty shell, I think it would be money well spent. As for the burnt GNs, that same day Shawn had another GN in the garage that had an engine fire at the track. He was going to gut the engine and interior and sell it as a rolling race chassis because it had a roll cage in it. High fuel pressure, high temps, extreme use, I don't know what it is but my car will stay stock and hopefully in tact.:D

hmmmm the intake and valve cover's are melted ... I really don't think your goin to be able to use anything from the motor . :confused:

Check out the auction now! The bid is $4000 and the reserve is still not met:confused: . I don't get it!!! The car looks pretty useless to me.

Well look at the 2 guys bidding on it (Feedback) One buys and sells coins and other "junk" BUT NOTHING to do with cars .. "They are also from Mich ...where the guy is from selling the car :confused: :eek: The "buyer" is "new" :rolleyes:

RD