Is this a clone, GNX163?

Link? Never mind, I see it now.
Hard to say whether it's authentic or not. NOT a factory sunroof, and obviously not GN seats, and obviously has an aftermarket boost actuator.

Would think if you were selling a real GNX you would have at least put up a pic of the rear suspension? This car has manual windows, not sure if the GNX came without power windows or not?

"This is a Buick GN with the GNX modifications. The car was optioned to ASC/McLaren executives in 1987 prior to the release of the GNX production with the modifications installed at the ASC/McLaren Michigan facility."

I am goin to say NO it's a GN from READING the Ebay add. :rolleyes:

will the real GNX163 please stand up! LOL
it states in the ad a GN with GNX mods, so NO it is not a real GNX.
I wonder to what extent it is cloned? rear end, vents work, etc.....
do I feel threatened? NO! no one is claiming to have another GNX163.
ironic that they would choose my number, but oh well, this is a free country.
wonder who the exec was?

could it be a prototype of some sort.??

I don't think so. Ill have to check the list I have for the FBI cars when I get back home. They would change the dash #s from car to car so criminals wouldn't recognize them. :rolleyes:

I asked the owner and this was his reply...

Dear johndeeregn,
The owner that bought it in 1987 said it was on the car when he got it. There has been some confusion about this for years. As far as I know these are not reproduced. Thanks..

- ss68c10

They were ALL GN's to start with???? Your right Mark, they all had power windows and this car doesn't have C/S either.

It took long enough to solve the tale of the FBI cars and now this new mystery!
This is like spotting a Yeti.
You've seen it, but was it real?
Maybe XRAY can shed some light but i think I know his answer.

D

[SIZE=2 said:
Dear johndeeregn,[/SIZE]
The owner that bought it in 1987 said it was on the car when he got it. There has been some confusion about this for years. As far as I know these are not reproduced. Thanks..

- ss68c10

This is how crap info gets out there !!! :mad: " As far as I know these are not reproduced. " UNREAL !!!!

Your right. This is the real deal.

Attachments

• 100_0199.JPG
    100_0199.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 189
Look what he posted on the 12th :eek:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Feb-12-12 at 13:12:44 PST, seller added the following information:
The car is unique in the fact that it is from ASC/McLaren but not sold at a Buick dealer. To the best of our knowledge it has never been anything but the way it is now since it left ASC/McLaren in 1987.It may fall under the prototype. I encourage everyone to research the car and ask questions. Thanks for looking..

the ever famous second astro roof car .. i think this is real.. just numberd wrong .. Rick Hunt should have a clue on this one ..

We do have a board member that now owns the Marriott (sp?) GNX with the moon roof. I wish RC would chime in on this one !!