Is this a clone, GNX163?

Brad Conley owns the only prototype GNX in existence...all GNX's were pulled of assembly line and were fully optioned 163 shows to be last owned in CA,,,they are not LEAR SIEGLER SEATS . and not any seats Buick offered in 1986 0r 1987..Rick hunt would really know or Luis Infante who was the director of the GNX program

the real # 163 was in calif, now in AZ,
that is not the real #163
that is an admitted clone/prototype/recreation/ or what ever you wanna call it.
owner admits he is 3rd owner,(?) says it was built BEFORE they were released,
built for an exec, using original parts . ( so he claims)
he IS NOT claiming this to be one of 547,.

so in the end its a made up car.
were did he get all the 163 stuff. shirt,badges,etc.
shouldnt these items be with the real 163 owner?

The only things that have 163 on them is the dash plaque and a polo shirt. Not the book or the jacket. There is no valid proof of any kind.

D

Just an observation... The seats look like the optional Recaros used in the 1984-1986 ASCMcLaren Capri convertibles.

The books are numbered as here is 439 dash number and numbered book.

Attachments

• 2465.JPG
    2465.JPG
    667.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 2482.JPG
    2482.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
The GNX registry would be able sort out these topics for sure, Doug Nigro is the expert on the topic and keeps a full registry of info on each car. For the record, straight from Doug there are a handful of factory documented ASC moonroof cars as well as one steel moonroof car. And to clear up some others, the Marriott moonroof car is under full restoration currently.

will the real GNX163 please stand up! LOL
it states in the ad a GN with GNX mods, so NO it is not a real GNX.
I wonder to what extent it is cloned? rear end, vents work, etc.....
do I feel threatened? NO! no one is claiming to have another GNX163.
ironic that they would choose my number, but oh well, this is a free country.
wonder who the exec was?
I don't know why but number 163 is in my head.... Also number 40k. What's up mr lee?

I don't know why but number 163 is in my head.... Also number 40k. What's up mr lee?

hmmmm nice number, but not what I'm thinking.
I'm in a very comfortable position,
house paid for,
garage paid for,
all the cars paid for.

heres what I've just completed.
I even have EXTRA room in it!!!
good to hear from you Ralph.
done! 001R.jpg
done! 002R.jpg

A little more on the cloning subject, fortunetly (or unfortunetly for gnx owners) there is a large supply of numbered dash plaques out there I've been solicited by an individual whom claimed to have purchased a number of left over plaques directly from ASC including my car number and wasen't letting them go for cheap. I originally figured I'd purse purchase of everything directly related to my car number then I asked myself, how do I konw thats the only one out there ? Truth is there will alsways be clones, some better than others and trust me there are some high quality ones out there. The original window sticker to my car had been separated out by a previous owner also, sold on ebay, has been reproduced and has now been passed around more than a well used hooker'. All one can do is thank the registry. I think it's great people enjoying Turbo Buick's clones or not, even our family stable holds an 69 all alluminum 427 yenko clone so I guess I'm gulity too. My personal thought is if your wanting to do a clone, a good one, pick a number of a car know not to exist anymore, either crashed, burnt or driven off of a cliff....sound like a cool idea to me?

I guess I should just keep quiet about my Buick GNX No. 548:rolleyes: I'll just hang onto it for a while.:D

Blue Steel.....'87GNX No. 548 (Bruce Urie)

I own GNX 163

Registry confirmed

I am 5th owner, and I enjoy the car and continue to put miles on it. It had 65,000 miles on it when I purchased it.
Car’s 3rd owner was in AZ and the last owner in Kentucky. It is now prowling the streets of NE Ohio.

Wow, what a coincidence.

Let me know if you go to any local car shows this summer, would be cool to meet up.

How many HP does your car have? Any modifications?