Tell me If this is a 10 second combo

434nova

A buddy of mine is gonna do a little race between his lsc lincoln and my t type. He thinks my car is a 11.50 combo at best. I think it should be at least a high 10 second car. His car has ran a best of 12.20 @ 118 mph on motor. It a 12.1 compression 347 with afr 185 heads. He also has a 175 shot of nitrous on it but never got any track times on the car with juice. Tell me what you guys think I would run and how I would fare against him on the nitrous.
I have a 235 ci , gn1 heads, TE45A turbo, 26 #s of boost , 8.5 compression , billet mains , alky , 3200 nl art car converter , fast xfi , 206 billet roller cam , Terry houston downpipe , full suspension , fab 9 with 3.50 gears and drag radials. Car has made 560 rwhp on 24#s in the past. I honestly hope to run mid 10's with this setup. I feel I should have him coverd.

His car has ran a best of 12.20 @ 118 mph on motor. It a 12.1 compression 347 with afr 185 heads.
I think he has nothing on you if your car runs good,and you can get the car to leave well.inmo it ultimately depends on the driver.

He also has a 175 shot of nitrous on it but never got any track times on the car with juice. Tell me what you guys think I would run and how I would fare against him on the nitrous.
this is going to either put his car into wheelspin or get him moving down the road much faster.either way it will make things interesting;)the tire he is on, the way both of you drive the cars, the prep/no prep on the roads all plays a role.another thing that is commonly missed is how you get your 10.5 et, if its off a transbrake and good prep and now you leaving on a no prep surface rolling into it your car maybe an 11.30 car now.

My car has no transbrake his car does. We both on 275 60 15 drag radials. I have him covered in the driving department. He seems to think turbo buicks are garbage because there 6 cylinders. Lol

I'm in the high 10's with a stock cam and stock heads.....I think your car is in the 10's on a bad pass let alone a good one.

If he's running low 12's at 118 it sounds like he has traction issues now....should be worse worse with instant smack of a decent nitrous shot.

I went 10.29@133 several years ago with almost the same stuff. 60' was off due to 3psi launch. Boost was mid 20's in 3rd. Less on 1&2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a leaf spring nova with a 355 aluminum dart 200 pro 1 heads, mild hyd roller cam and a 200 shot that we FREQUENTLY run on the street. On a 28x10.50 with a good burnout it dead hooks and goes. Everybody thinks it's fast, but it ran 12.15 on motor at the track. Spray makes a huge difference BUT, if it's on a micro switch and he doesn't have a decent tire it's spin city on the street. Don't try to leave at too much boost on the street or you can have the same problem. Like stated above, road prep can make a big difference, you should have him tho. We also dropped 1.8 sec on a 200 shot from 13.0 to 11.20 in a very lightweight mustang at Milan..... Think you got him though

I'm gonna try and get this off this weekend. He's a scary Mary and now wants to put a driver in the car. I laughed and said a dud is a dud doesn't matter who drives. I also had a 69 nova with a 434 small block that ran on pump gas 93 all motor and was going 9.80s. He didn't want no part of that car cause it was loud. Lol He thinks cause the buick isn't choppy it's not fast. Crazy part is he has a 87 grand national but hes afraid he gonna brake something so he doesn't even drive it. The car he has is mint. He shot the lincoln twice once on the street and popped a piston. And once at the track but he broke a granatelli rear control arm so he didn't make it past the 60 ft. I'm gonna gap the lsc. Video coming soon.

I'm gonna try and get this off this weekend. He's a scary Mary and now wants to put a driver in the car. I laughed and said a dud is a dud doesn't matter who drives. I also had a 69 nova with a 434 small block that ran on pump gas 93 all motor and was going 9.80s. He didn't want no part of that car cause it was loud. Lol He thinks cause the buick isn't choppy it's not fast. Crazy part is he has a 87 grand national but hes afraid he gonna brake something so he doesn't even drive it. The car he has is mint. He shot the lincoln twice once on the street and popped a piston. And once at the track but he broke a granatelli rear control arm so he didn't make it past the 60 ft. I'm gonna gap the lsc. Video coming soon.
Doesn't sound like he's a real racer by any means, you beat him already you got in his head! lol

Out of curiosity what kind of combination was in your 434 and how heavy was it. We're redoing ours right now looking for similar numbers a few cubes shy of 434....

434 11.1 compression, short block was from Ohio crankshaft so it was a little m block there 4340 h beam rods and 4340 crank , JE pistons, afr 235 heads, 2925 intake , 1000 hp from prosystems , 1 7 /8 headers , 3 inch exhaust, lunati 264 - 272@ 50 648 624 lift on a 109 lobe sep , baby cam for this motor idle at 900 , 4.11 gears , 4000 10 inch converter for nitrous from ptc , 28 x 10 slick, car weighed 3350 with me in it and ran 9.85 @ 137 , 60 ft was 1.39. Car was a true streeter that beat up on race cars. Nobody could believe the numbers I ran on 92 wawa gas. Motor only had 28 degrees of timing and I ran those times off the footbrake, transbrake was acting up. I would build this combo again in a heart beat.