Norwalk??

TWISTER

Last year the turnout was one of the biggest I have seen but this year nobody is talking about it. Is there many people going or was last year so big because Bowling Green was postponed? Id really like to go again and prolly will I just was wondwering what to expect there this year. Whos plannning on this event? Vendors and racers?

Just fired up the car last night. Hoping to get there on Sat for the car show.

:biggrin:

What's the race schedule for Saturday? Sounds like the only thing goin on is across town at Arby's for 4-hours:confused:

I will be there Sunday for the races. Hoping my parts come in Friday then get it together Saturday afternoon. Plan is to leave sat evening for norwalk.

What's the race schedule for Saturday? Sounds like the only thing goin on is across town at Arby's for 4-hours:confused:

If I remember right the car show is at Arbys and you can go to the track and beat up on the locals with the Buick in their regular program. Sunday is the day to go if you ask me.

I've always just gone on Sunday in the past without a schedule. It's pretty sad that I should ask at all I guess since it's just out the backdoor a few miles.:rolleyes:

I am told they have approximately 100 cars for the car show portion on Saturday and a buffet dinner Saturday nite.

Although at this point the weather is hard to predict it should be clear that entire weekend as right now most of the bad weather is stalled on the northeast coast area thru thursday-friday.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

this event has gone on for 20 years at this point and is at a good location. Should draw a good amount of participants.

People should take note that Rt 250 is closed just north of the motels, to the county line. There's a west unmarked detour that takes you thru a deep ravine, and comes into Norwalk right behind the Advanced Auto store. The usual route from the turnpike to the track thru Milan, on Rt 601 is open too. The 250 closure is on the south end of Milan and the two detours are just a choice of direction(turn E-or-W) at the 250 intersecton in Milan.

I've also noticed that there isn't alot of spill over into the Milan motels out by the turnpike on Buick weekend. But if the Norwalks are filling up this year, there's 4 or 5 more out there to remember. If anybody needs numbers I'll drag out the phone book for yas.

People should take note that Rt 250 is closed just north of the motels, to the county line. There's a west unmarked detour that takes you thru a deep ravine, and comes into Norwalk right behind the Advanced Auto store. The usual route from the turnpike to the track thru Milan, on Rt 601 is open too. The 250 closure is on the south end of Milan and the two detours are just a choice of direction(turn E-or-W) at the 250 intersecton in Milan.

I've also noticed that there isn't alot of spill over into the Milan motels out by the turnpike on Buick weekend. But if the Norwalks are filling up this year, there's 4 or 5 more out there to remember. If anybody needs numbers I'll drag out the phone book for yas.

so to clarify, if someone was coming off route 80/90 at the 250 exit going south to motels what would be the best route to avoid the detour?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

so to clarify, if someone was coming off route 80/90 at the 250 exit going south to motels what would be the best route to avoid the detour?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Impossible!!!!

If you're hauling a trailer to the track, go left @ the Milan light, taking 113E to the next light, then right as usual onto Main(Rt 601) and haul it the next 6mi or whatever to the track.

If you intend to go to motels first,

Instead, go Right at the same light, the only one in Milan proper and the second south of turnpike(80/90). That will lead you down the narrow local roads to a stop-sign, turn left and up the steep hill. At next stop sign you may turn left to immediate access to Rt 250 N of motels. Continuing will lead you in to the Walmart access road(whatever it's called), right behind the Acvanced Auto at the Dodge dealership beside Bob Evans to the south of motels, by quickly jogging left around the Advanced to rejoin 250 on that end.

The quickest way to the track from That point, whether you're coming from the motels or Arby's which is also North and closer to the motels or whatever, is to take a right onto 250S a quick halfa block toward McDonalds and then a LEFT(East) @ the NEXT light, (where the Dodge Dealership and McDonalds are caddy-corner) and follow that till it comes to a "T". Turn right. Follow thru past a light and two stop-signs to another light, TURN LEFT. That's Rt.18S, Takes you straight in to the track from the other side, spectator side, where you'll have to of course follow around to the pit entrance after turning left onto whatever they call the road([the extension of 601]Norwalk-Marion Diagonal, or some such nonsense) beyond the staging area. You'll know it when you see it.

I won't mention to Bugger King swing street or anything to confuse, but if you know the area, you already know it puts you 1/2 a step past that first light at it's next light. :confused::eek:;):cool:

OH PS!!!

If you're taking a trailer and intend to go to motels first and don't wanna deal with the busted ass narrow and steep local detour...

Take the LEFT detour(113E-to-601S) as if you intend to go to the track. As you follow South on S Main, you'll see that the STATE forced the Village to upgrade the speed limit to 45!!!! WOOHOO!!!:rolleyes: When you go around that gentle left in the 45 zone, there's a small street, then OLD STATE ROAD. Turn right onto Old State. Follow it thru it's ups n downs to the oportunity to turn. That will be inside the reduced 35mph zone as you've entered Norwalk and is a "T" to the right. That essentially will just reverse you across the same path I previously mentioned before the part about coming to a "T". And will quickly lead to the motels with a right at the light looping you behind the BuggerKing back to 250. It's just another right from there to Arby's and the motels or if you follow thru, just a bit longer when you turn at the dealership.

I hope I've been thorough enough for you guys to get a picture of how it all comes together...