GS Nationals attendance been dropping

I think that was my 7th BG Nats. Missed 2020 from the covid and was locked down for the 2021 but this was the best one I have been to. Such a great time, the event was better than ever. Glad to meet all of you. Told my daughter she had to hold off on her wedding plans until I get the dates for next year............:eek:

Regardless of the uptick for the last two years, the nats has a problem that it can't control:

Buick hasn't sold a car worth anybody's attention in 35 years. The market is shrinking as the owners die and the cars are blown up, crashed, or acquired by collectors that don't go places with them.

If the goal is to get attendance back up, GSCA is going to have to subsume another marquee and get some new hardware and their associated youngin's coming to the events.

Regardless of the uptick for the last two years, the nats has a problem that it can't control:

Buick hasn't sold a car worth anybody's attention in 35 years. The market is shrinking as the owners die and the cars are blown up, crashed, or acquired by collectors that don't go places with them.

If the goal is to get attendance back up, GSCA is going to have to subsume another marquee and get some new hardware and their associated youngin's coming to the events.
I agree, they dont even sell a REGAL anymore. Last year made was 2020. Not sure what they dont, especially a Grand National (or GN Wagon!)
Its not like it would have more power then the 2023 Z06 (thus not breaking GM's "Golden Rule" that nothing beats a corvette)

GM We Have Learned Our Lesson, Can't We Come Back To The Play Ground? Being on time out since 1987 is enough!

This was my first time attending a BG event and I have to say that I was quite impressed with the show. Everything about it was inspirational and a lot of the people there were cool and down to earth. It was a break away from the real world. I can't wait for next year. Great job to everyone who attended and participated. I thank you all for a good show.

Agree, they need to open it up to some other muscle cars to get the numbers up some.
I get your point 100%. That being said Buick’s have always been the black sheep of you will, along with Olds & Pontiac. The Cutlass is a Skylark, a Skylark is a GTO, a Skylark is a Chevelle, so on & so forth. Why? Fuck if I know. It’s the GM way & it has been for decades. It’s nice to own a car a bit out of the norm for me.

I like that the Nats are for Buick’s & Buick’s only. I know that doesn’t bode well for survival, but we mostly are a tenacious group. Personally I’d like it a bit more centrally located as I’m in CO, but that won’t stop me from going.

I wish I had better ideas but I don’t we just need to keep it going as long as we can.

Back in the day there were many BBB's there. Not so much any longer.
Was fun to watch the wheelies, the noise....
These were the cars that started the GSCA.
Most of the "og's" are gone.
Bob Petersen, Jack Pendzemas, the Minnesota "gang", Jim Rock, Alan Liverman, and many others, all put on great shows.
Anyone that's been around for a lot of yrs can remember the Buick vs the Hemi war!
Good times! :cool:
However, times change, people are lost, hobbies are changed.
I'm one of the older guys, and have been a car nut, drag racer, since 1955.
All of my younger day street racer crowd has long since gone to the big race in the sky, too.
I've also seen more than 2/3's of my HS class pass.:(
I'm one of the more fortunate.......

Memories are for those who wish to hold on to the rich history but life is for those who create memories and enjoy what they have left to offer the ones that will carry on with the history that was created by many of the people that Chuck Leeper discuss in his thread. I'm planning on going to BG every year and race my GN as long as I live.

Haulz A

Back in the day there were many BBB's there. Not so much any longer.
Was fun to watch the wheelies, the noise....
These were the cars that started the GSCA.
Most of the "og's" are gone.
Bob Petersen, Jack Pendzemas, the Minnesota "gang", Jim Rock, Alan Liverman, and many others, all put on great shows.
Anyone that's been around for a lot of yrs can remember the Buick vs the Hemi war!
Good times! :cool:
However, times change, people are lost, hobbies are changed.
I'm one of the older guys, and have been a car nut, drag racer, since 1955.
All of my younger day street racer crowd has long since gone to the big race in the sky, too.
I've also seen more than 2/3's of my HS class pass.:(
I'm one of the more fortunate.......
Feeling this post

I lined up against her in qualifying and she was sooo nice!! She came over to my nervous self and introduced herself and said hey let’s just have fun with this! My nerves settled right down because then I was like,, yeah, that’s why I signed up for this in the first place. Let’s have fun.. Now I have an addiction. I’m in a 1320” program for it..

You wont meet better people than the Merrits........... but she will let you know who owns the track when she is on it. The Buick folks are just a good group of car people. Need dates for next year?????