No Motivation

I finished repainted my door and its been sitting there for 3 week until I read this thread and its motivated me to go to the garage, turn on the heat and start sanding it down and buff it . Now Imove on to something else

I hear ya. Radio on, tv off, phone off - only way I can work. Checklist helps too.

Thanks Guys ....... You got me going , made real good progress on that rats nest of wiring around the motor . Rerouting harness pigtails , soldering poorly crimped connections and shrink wrapped them , terminated old unused wires & connectors , sleeved all pigtails and all connections were coated with a de-ox compond . That was one of the things that's been stalling me !! (y) Sam

Good progress today , ordered some connectors from Caspers because of broken clips but wiring looks good now. I also have another TB member who said he would like to come over and help ( he said he was bored )(y) I'll take care of that . Thanks wb's87 , looking forward to meeting you . Sam

Mine started as a simple rebuild and turned into a full frame off because the original frame was rotted.:mad: Since I started I decided to box and re-enforce the frame a lot more than most would want to do. It's sat now for a few years but I've done little things like make custom motor mounts as well as a few odds and ends to make it work like I want. Money is my biggest issue as well as time, but one or the other will happen when I win the lottery.:ROFLMAO:

Mine started as a simple rebuild and turned into a full frame off because the original frame was rotted.:mad: Since I started I decided to box and re-enforce the frame a lot more than most would want to do. It's sat now for a few years but I've done little things like make custom motor mounts as well as a few odds and ends to make it work like I want. Money is my biggest issue as well as time, but one or the other will happen when I win the lottery.:ROFLMAO:

Charlie, it's here in writing for you right now......IF I WIN THE LOTTERY, I'LL SEND SOME OF THE WINNINGS RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR! OKAY?;) That's a promise. Now, go buy me a ticket.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I put a huge sound system in my garage....it's the old PA amps, preamps, and speakers up on big stands from my old rock band.....around 250 watts, you can hear it real well....rocks the windows......a little CCR, Beatles, Ventures, AC/DC, Hall and Oates, U2, and I'm in heaven out there........get a real loud, powerful sound system and you'll never regret it. It never fails to push me to do air guitar! I've got a PRS guitar neck hanging on the wall out there just for that purpose......embarrassing if my wife catches me.......hopefully, I'll be back out there soon.....I miss it.....

Bruce '87 Grand National

Thanks Bruce for the encouragement , hope your situation gets better soon . I think about my parents all the time since both are 88 , and not looking forward to that painful time ahead . Going to work on my car today !! Thanks again , Sam

Now that's a great thing to hear....you have both of your parents......I am, sir, truly happy for you.....make the best of life with them as long as possible....you'll never regret it......my wishes for a very, very long life for your Mom and Dad......you are a very fortunate man.........

Get that car finished and then scare the hell out of your Dad with it...(your Mom, too, if she can take it);)

Bruce '87 Grand National

Sam, it was good talking with you. I'm looking forward to coming by on Saturday. I'll try to get there early. I know how you day shift Workers are. Start early quit early. Lol. You have to get it done so we can start rolling on Friday nights. I'm tired of being the fastest TR at the strip. I can't wait till spring to finally run a 10 sec pass and keep scaring all the other guys back onto their trailers. To me that's the best part. Especially if I run a full out race car and spank it and never see him the rest of the night! That should be enough motivation for you. Now get that car done so when I get there I don't have anything to do except drink your beer! Lol jk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What beer do you like.......

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Get that car finished and then scare the hell out of your Dad with it...(your Mom, too, if she can take it);)

Bruce, My Mom could be that "Little old lady from Pasadena"....... She drives a Buick Lucerne and will tell you " See those 4 holes on the fender......that's a V8 " .... I don't know if everyone knows this , but on the V6's they have 3 holes & V8's have 4 . She was the first woman taxi cab driver in Rochester NY back in the early 50's and she's still sharp :D. My Dad , WWII Marine Vet (Flame Thrower Man) you ain't scaring him!! :eek: I play golf with him in a league and he can shoot his age for 18 . (y)

Last edited:
Hey Sam, I made it home just as the snow hit. 1 1/2 hrs exactly. I have been thinking about your torque converter all the way home and the way you described how the car shifts. Hmmm idk I think I would investigate that TC. Can a bad torque converter lead to a valve going through a piston?

Hey Sam, I made it home just as the snow hit. 1 1/2 hrs exactly. I have been thinking about your torque converter all the way home and the way you described how the car shifts. Hmmm idk I think I would investigate that TC. Can a bad torque converter lead to a valve going through a piston?

That's food for thought... Maybe after I get it running we can give Dave Husek a call and see what converter he recommends . It was nice meeting you today & looking forward to going to the track .

Same here Sam, I had a good day it was nice to meet you! According to Dave he is the ultimate torque converter. It's a brand-new design is exclusively his.