No Motivation

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Anyone else have this problem ????? I go out to the garage and STARE at my car that is almost back together !! It's like I don't know where to start , and if I do , I get side tracked with something else . I can usually get going if my son is there pushing me , but it seems that's the only way I get things done . Here are some pics of where I'm at with my motor replacement & E85 upgrade including a complete Racetronix DP fuel system with braided lines . I just can't seem to finish it off and the hard part is done , and once this is done I can send it to be painted for cheap ( owes me big time ) . Am I alone here ??? Sorry for the rant ..... just frustrated .
Sam

DSCN0293.JPG DSCN0294.JPG

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1420067695.651273.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1420067770.391314.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1420067791.789624.jpg

I've got the same problem. It's so close to done, but I have too many other distractions.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

May be ......but I don't feel old !! Hell my dad retired from autobody work at 83 years old !!! I know it's in me just can't find it .:(

Your garage is setup nice, take your time enjoy the project. I had a not so aggressive project, but had the engine out twice in a 6 month time frame due to a fkup. Had a lot of work related anxiety, dropped 7K on the car, worried about what other problems I would have, kid in college, blah blah ....... Formula: set aside time on Saturday, drink a couple of beers to relax, and hit the car. It is a hobby, so tried not to worry about everything that could go wrong, or let other stuff impede progress if I could help it, in the end I picked at least one thing that was gonna get done and did it. Usually got more done than what I anticipated, but picking that one thing helped get me started. It turned out good.

That's my BIG problem .... sticking to one thing at a time . I start doing something , see something else start messing with that and end up getting no where fast . Right now I've got all the time in the world cause I'm off for 2 weeks ( work for GM ). Tomorrow I'm going to try and start & finish at least one thing on this car , New Years resolution !!

Set small goals. Don't stray off of them until they are completed. Its easy to not want to go into the garage if you are thinking of EVERYTHING you have to do. Break that up into 1 hour jobs and do one or two of them per session. Don't evaluate whats left just move to your next job. Before you know it you'll be standing in the garage with your hands on your hips wondering 'what do I have to do now' and there won't be anything except wash it and enjoy it.

Thanks guys , I think that's what I needed . I'll post my progress.
Sam

I know the feeling, but mine is 50% motivation and 50% distraction -- I have owned my Regal for about 3 years now and i have done a total of maybe 1 days worth of work. I am pretty sure that if i didn't have the bike or another car i would have had the regal done in just a few days.

Go work on it for a half hr. Once you start you likely won't stop at the half hr mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got a nice looking car. Think about how much fun it will be driving it again! At least you have a nice garage to work in. I can't turn around in mine.

Yes. Keep moving forward. My car sat for the better(ok, over) part of a decade. One thing at a time. Get it running, get it driving, then you can do the fine tuning and adjustment. Much more motivational when you have your butt in the seat and the wheel in your hand.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I was in the same boat but mine ended up taking me 5 years to finish! Once I got rolling on it, it went quick. Now it's winter again and I'm thinking of how I can't wait to sell it this spring.

I think somebody is just slacking.

I don't see anything in those photos that would be keeping me from getting the car finished and running / driving in a few days or a week at the most.

Get off the computer and go work on the car. Condition yourself to stay focused on completing 1 job at a time. If you have a lot of little things to do it may help to make a list and mark them off as you get them done. That way you can see the progress you are making and it may help you get going to finish it.

Like they say you can eat an elephant one bite at a time.

Its called old age and winter.:rolleyes: Remember its not how fast you can get it done BUT how much fun you have doing it. :D last winter I did nothing and to be honest it was nice. First time in 28 years I never raced but this winter I have more get up and go than ever. The rest was good for me:eek:

May be ......but I don't feel old !! Hell my dad retired from autobody work at 83 years old !!! I know it's in me just can't find it .
that's why god invented coffee,drink up alittle music and get that car back together(y)