No help from Gbody parts

How is that a good way to do buisness??

I've waited longer than a week for a call back. He never called back. I've been to his place four times and he was there once.

I will say that when I dealt with him in person it was great, but it's a five hour drive for me.

As for you saying it's a pretty big operation you're fucking kidding right?? Yea the building is big, [old car dealership] but it's just him, his girlfriend and maybe a guy that puts cars together for him, at least that's what I saw when I've been there.

As for you saying owners are out of the office once in awhile, they are out more than 90% of the time in my experience when visiting and never answer the phone whenever I called.

My take on his buisness is it could be a successful one if he would put the time in himself and even if he doesn't want to be there all he needs to do is hire two people, one to answer the phone to end the leave a message, that bullshit only works if you are actually busy and return calls. Second, another person that can answer tech questions and pack orders to get them out in a fashionable time.

If he is really as busy as you say he is [he might have been when you were there] not so much when I was, then he could afford to hire help that would enhance his buisness not tank it like he seems to be doing on his own.

In reality my take is that his heart isn't in it and he's just letting it run itself. Whether it runs well or runs into the ground is his choice and his only.

I could be wrong as I only have a small sampling of visits and calls to his establishment, but of the dozen calls and four visits I only had one good experience, you do the math and make up your own minds.

I hope this helps someone and that they also take concern to it.

To be fair if you don't care about reaching people and just order off the site you will be happy as you will get your order. It may be wrong like mine was when I ordered a heater core and the pic on the site shows a brass core for 50 something dollars, and they sent me a 22 dollar parts chain aluminum POS.

I just went to the site to verify the price I paid and they have updated the heater core pic by deleting it and not even offering a core for the 86/87 cars now.

The 84/85 pic still shows the brass one but if you order it confirm that you will get what's in the pic not some POS aluminum one when you PAY the BRASS core price.

Now the rest of the story ? Are you Fucking kidding me???
You have an aluminum radiator of mine with dual fans & a caspers harness Lonnie installed on that POS of yours.
You haven't paid for it. Then told Lonnie the oil cooler was leaking send me another 1.
Lonnie said I installed it with out asking Brian. I don't think he will send you a second unit. That you haven't paid for the first one.
Not sure what your & Lonnie's deal really is but I know ours is done, & you want to whine about parts when you haven't paid for a dual fan Aluminum radiator set up?
I fucking Love when some one is that dumb to post about a part he could return when he hasn't paid for a big ticket item from 9 months ago.

I work 12 hours a day on average. 2 mechanics on duty, 4 people in my office staff & we average 3 people in shipping. Yes sometimes more & some times less.
I am is not in Sales. I am in R&D. Yes the big pile of boxes that are stocked on warehouse shelves didn't magically appear.
I love when you called one day & said on the answering machine it is me fucking Rob Zombie.
Yeah Alex wasn't calling you back on that 1.
Do I get to deal with the the questions no one can answer, yes. I am asked & explain to our sales team what the customer needs. I figure eductaing them makes good employees.
I told I don't pay any one enough to deal with that BS.
Out of the office 90% of the time, just shaking my head.

"I would be a stand up customer if he was a stand up seller [buisnessman] of goods that takes money from people on the assumption that they will get what is advertised at time of sale."
OMFG REALLY ???? PAY your damn bill Mr. Stand up.

Had the same issue a month ago. Never talked to anyone directly. Only by email. His direct email is on the site. That's how I got ahold of Brian. I still didn't get all that I needed, but he did check back with me to see if I had gotten the answer.

Not sure what's going on but if you're spending big bucks with a company and can't get ahold of anyone that's scary!!!!

I can handle 15 people's problem an hour with e-mails. I can only handle 2-3 an hour on the phone. Sorry that is the way it is right now. Not being able to get a response would be scary. I have never not responded to an e-mail. Taking care of many as I can. We do have people that call back once they get your message. They find out what you need & get your info. This speeds things along for you as the customer.
I make them keep call logs of when the VM was left. The tike it was returned. If they were not doing this I would replace them with some one who could.

Thanks for the info fellows
I was wondering if I was just snake bit or what.
And when I call a vendor I usually like to talk to the person in charge as I trust them to know what axle seals I need for example; rather than take a chance with someone who may not know about our buicks and send me the wrong part.
I will send him an email

fastdavedk I get an e-mail I will respond no if's &'s or buts. I know I can't speak to every one all the time. So I try & keep the site easy to navigate.
Axle seals?
I type in axle. 3 results
in the Buick section. seals & bearings
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1196

I'm sorry but if you call OPGI your not going to speak to David Leonard. This goes with most companies you put managers in charge to take care of much as they can. When the stuff hits the fan I am usually dragged into it.
E-mail me. I know the WE-4 rather well. it was my first Turbo buick. I have owned over 40, I have 2 moon roofs here 2 hard tops & 2 t-tops. I had registered 4 when I owned 5 back in the day when the registry was up on we-4.com.
If we get into questions where it is more efficinet to call I will. My end result is for customer service. Only problems I have seen in the past a customer gets a lot of info in a short amount of time. Then they forget. When it is in an e-mail you always have this to refer back to

Yes Rob customer service. Not being asked what kind of special deal can I get when you still haven't paid for parts you have installed.

I can handle 15 people's problem an hour with e-mails. I can only handle 2-3 an hour on the phone. Sorry that is the way it is right now. Not being able to get a response would be scary. I have never not responded to an e-mail. Taking care of many as I can. We do have people that call back once they get your message. They find out what you need & get your info. This speeds things along for you as the customer.
I make them keep call logs of when the VM was left. The tike it was returned. If they were not doing this I would replace them with some one who could.

I was just sharing an experience with someone that seem to have a similar experience as mine. I didn't think I talked bad about you or said anything untrue.
Obviously my experience is not quite the same I see. I pay for my products! Lol.
I have worked in small business with family before. Help cost money. You have to be efficient as possible. I may not have been able to contact you when I wanted on demand, but my shipments have been prompt.
Thanks Beweavy!!!!!

ow the rest of the story ? Are you Fucking kidding me???
You have an aluminum radiator of mine with dual fans & a caspers harness Lonnie installed on that POS of yours.
You haven't paid for it. Then told Lonnie the oil cooler was leaking send me another 1.
Lonnie said I installed it with out asking Brian. I don't think he will send you a second unit. That you haven't paid for the first one.
Not sure what your & Lonnie's deal really is but I know ours is done, & you want to whine about parts when you haven't paid for a dual fan Aluminum radiator set up?
I fucking Love when some one is that dumb to post about a part he could return when he hasn't paid for a big ticket item from 9 months ago.

Okay now that you have vented. What I've posted is the truth, I wouldn't put out there what I've said unless it were.

I'm not happy about what I've posted, it was just my experience and I know I'm not alone and only shared with others so that they may know what to possibly expect from you.
You can attack me or rant about the radiator all you want and maybe you should get your facts straight before you accuse me of something I didn't do.

How the hell did I get a radiator out of there without paying for it?? You're on top of everything right? I don't want to explain that one on here because that is between Lonnie and I.

Read my post you clueless SOB! Are you drunk, high or don't know how to read?? [Sorry about the cussing but now you've pissed me off] Is this the post you are referring to;

To be fair if you don't care about reaching people and just order off the site you will be happy as you will get your order. It may be wrong like mine was when I ordered a heater core and the pic on the site shows a brass core for 50 something dollars, and they sent me a 22 dollar parts chain aluminum POS.

I just went to the site to verify the price I paid and they have updated the heater core pic by deleting it and not even offering a core for the 86/87 cars now.
The 84/85 pic still shows the brass one but if you order it confirm that you will get what's in the pic not some POS aluminum one when you PAY the BRASS core price.

Explain why I got an aluminum POS heater core and why the pic of the brass one is down and you no longer even sell a core for the 86/87???
I paid more than double for a core I could have got at the ZONE for 22 bucks.

When I called to try to rectify the problem not one call was returned and that's a fact Brian.

I was as nice as I could be in what I posted and even hinted that people that do know you [friends] should help you so you don't go down the toilet.
Just because I'm not a fan of your buisness practices doesn't mean I can't share them as long as they are honest.

I liked you when I met you, and I explained that in a post that it was the one positive experience I had. My bitch with you is the heater core and the fact that I've left numerous messages and you returned NOT ONE!

I actually hope that you turn that buisness around and make a good name for yourself. We don't have many vendors in this community, so the more the better. But if the service is sub par why shouldn't people be able to share that with others.

Some may like your buisness model of email and ship, but most still prefer to talk with someone with the knowledge of what they sell and make sure that the right part is sent. A heater core comes to mind in my case.
I guess I'm now stuck with a POS heater core as well as a radiator that blew the oil cooler out after just two weeks. Which is why I needed a heater core, after flushing all the oil out of my block which then took out my heater core.

Any way in spite of what you may think of me or my posts I wish you the best and hope things start going well for you.

Last edited:
Yes Rob customer service. Not being asked what kind of special deal can I get when you still haven't paid for parts you have installed.

Get your shit straight before I air in public what should be kept in private Brian.

I do notice that you have spent more time here voicing your opinion than you have on the phone rectifying any concerns I may have had when I left messages at your buisness.

Also if you thought that I stole something from you why haven't you called me demanding payment or threatening prosecution??

I'll leave it at that I hope.

Last edited:
Okay now that you have vented. What I've posted is the truth, I wouldn't put out there what I've said unless it were.

How the hell did I get a radiator out of there without paying for it?? You're on top of everything right? I don't want to explain that one on here because that is between Lonnie and I

And WHERE are those 18" GNX wheels?:turtle:
Troy..
I was talking to Brian about these. and trying to get a manufacture to produce these, but no one is willing to do so YET.( I spoke to two manufactures, both have the ability, but not the ability to produce cost effectively)
also, the big gamble is the quanity needed to initially produce them, only to have some one go around you and have the foundry produce some for them (while NOT paying for development costs!)
I do feel there is a market for them, but at what cost?

Troy..
I was talking to Brian about these. and trying to get a manufacture to produce these, but no one is willing to do so YET.( I spoke to two manufactures, both have the ability, but not the ability to produce cost effectively)
also, the big gamble is the quanity needed to initially produce them, only to have some one go around you and have the foundry produce some for them (while NOT paying for development costs!)
Hi Lee, how are ya doin? I was being slightly smartass on the rims, more of a "reminder" then anything else. If it was financially feasible to build them at this time, Brian would have already probably done it. As I'm still working in Texas and probably will be for the foreseeable future, I'm not in a hurry but those are the only wheels I would really like... Sorry for the thread jack, OP
I do feel there is a market for them, but at what cost?

I was just sharing an experience with someone that seem to have a similar experience as mine. I didn't think I talked bad about you or said anything untrue.
Obviously my experience is not quite the same I see. I pay for my products! Lol.
I have worked in small business with family before. Help cost money. You have to be efficient as possible. I may not have been able to contact you when I wanted on demand, but my shipments have been prompt.
Thanks Beweavy!!!!!
We are have 4.5 million in inventory I don't work out of my home ;)
You ever need to speak to me e-mail me & a good time to reach you. I will call. take care of that we-4. No you didn't speak bad or say anything untrue. paying for products tends to get you a certain amount of service. ;)

Get your shit straight before I air in public what should be kept in private Brian.

I do notice that you have spent more time here voicing your opinion than you have on the phone rectifying any concerns I may have had when I left messages at your buisness.

Also if you thought that I stole something from you why haven't you called me demanding payment or threatening prosecution??

I'll leave it at that I hope.

Took about 3 minutes to call you out. You don't want the heater core send it back. Heck just read return policy. RMA # is issued thru e-mail. You had time to post here find time to e-mail.
You didn't steal from me, you stole from Lonnie who yanked a part out of my shop to satisfy a customer.
A friend understands that.
No I am not going to waste the Time Lonnie did with you. EXCUSE EXCUSE EXCUSE.
Your radiator went out supposedly 3 months later after Lonnie tried to get paid. I have no problem with Lonnie, Lonnie has a problem with you, you have a problem writing a check for what you paid for. So I am blaming the pen or the check or the envelope, or the stamp, or the CC, not Lonnie or you. That makes about as much sense as my company going down the toilet.
HERE IS A CONCEPT: it's your bill pay it. That simple. Would you return the part? No your Rob FN Zombie.

Un happy with a part return it. I'm sure it was leaking oil into the coolong system like the radiator was. Yeah 1st one of 1000 sold. It took 3 months after not paying for it I would believe it. EXCUSE EXCUSE EXCUSE

Being a dumbass on the internet, posting I have a problem with a heater core so I don't pay for a radiator Lonnie installed is just Rob Fn Zombie.
I already had 3 other vendors e-mail me about you saying yeah dealt with that ASS.
I'll bill Lonnie tomorrow retail & trust me that will get his attention.

It took more like three days for you to come back and attack me, yet again showing the community how unprofessional you are in dealing with unhappy customers.

Like I stated earlier my bitch with you was a heater core that was misrepresented by your site. I payed for an original style brass core and you sent me something else.You then come here and attack me for something totally unrelated and ignore my original concerns. You are willing to take the time to sit and type about something that was between Lonnie and I when you should have consulted him or contacted me in a PM instead of going on an unprofessional rant like you did here which could have been avoided had you communicated with either Lonnie or returned even one of my calls and let me know what YOUR bitch was.

Now the community can make an educated decision on whether they want to do buisness with someone who doesn't answer their phones or returns messages unless they Email according to your own words.

So if someone gets the wrong part or a defective part your answer is I'm to busy to talk to you follow instructions on my website and just mail it back with the RMA#. Yeah that's professional also.

You can make all the excuses you want for the way you conduct buisness, but you will never attain what you could if you treated all customers with respect and take the time to actually listen to them when they CALL with a concern or problem.

When a customer has concerns or a problem they usually call to try to rectify it, you might want to do the same in the future so as not to look unprofessional on the internet.

No I take that back, I'm glad you have done what you have so all can see what to expect if they aren't happy with a purchase and how you treat people.

I already had 3 other vendors e-mail me about you saying yeah dealt with that ASS.

I haven't done buisness with three other vendors. I've talked to many about making a purchase but haven't yet, so if you speak the truth than what you're saying is either the vendors on this board talk to their potential customers and form an opinion that someone is an ass or maybe reads their posts to form that opinion, but I bet they would line up to take my cash if I wanted to buy something.

I won't bash other vendors because I haven't been treated by them like I've been treated by you.

Most customers rely on the honesty and ethics of vendors for information on what they need before they purchase something and spend their hard earned money on others advice and or recommendations.

Either way, you just exposed how much some vendors think they are above the people they do buisness with. Whether some vendors think they are dealing with an ass or an idiot some will still take their money instead of steering them in the right direction. That does the community well in the long run right?

There are some great vendors here as well as some I wouldn't give a penny to. I'm thankful for the good vendors and since I do my homework before purchasing anything from them I have a good idea who is trying to help me and who just wants my money and doesn't care if I get what I need, just what I want.

I wanted a brass heater core. What did I get Brian????

PS: I think I'll add you to the ASS list also.

Good day Brian I'm done with you and this crap.

Last edited:
As stated above Chuck, I'm DONE.

I will not respond to any more posts from him that attack me as it will go nowhere fast.

He needs to go back to being a sub contractor. and leave the auto business to people who care about there cars
Don't get me wrong. They have a great selection of parts
But everything I've ever gotten from them I've had to
Tweek . Or modify to fit correctly and getting used junk when u buy a new part is nothing uncommon. Good luck

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My intuition says to stay out of this train wreck of a thread, but I will throw my .02 because I guess I'm an idiot.

I've bought quite a few parts from Brian and I've returned parts. I've never had a problem communicating via email. It's clearly stated on his site. I don't know him personally and I've never met him in person.

I also work in I.T. my job requires a lot of email communication, but I still have people who insist on calling me, leaving post it notes etc when I tell them to email me. Boy do some of them get angry when I ignore their requests that aren't emails, but it is the BEST way for me to keep track of things.
Lonnie Diers helped me once through this forum in a way that was truly above and beyond what I ever expected once when a vendor screwed me on a transmission. If I were to judge a man by the company he keeps then Brian has a lot of votes in my book.

I have no dog in this fight and I've never had a bad experience with GBody Parts but it seems to me that the OP and his concern became lost amongst all the mudslinging here.

Did his situation ever get resolved?

Last edited: