No help from Gbody parts

fastdavedk

A member advised me to get ahold of Brian at Gbody parts for what I need while doing a frame off restoration of a 1987 WE4.
I called this past Wednesday and left a message for him to call me.
No call back.
So I called Thursday and left another message confirming that the first message had been given to him.
No call back Thursday or Friday.
Bummer.

Your friend obviously doesn't know how Brian works....best to get a hold of him via email.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Your friend obviously doesn't know how Brian works....best to get a hold of him via email.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Agreed. And if you leave a vm, you should probably wait a week or more to try again. He's very busy. I'm sure if you just call their # 252 825-3293 during business hours, someone else could probably help you too. It's a pretty big operation down there now. If you email him, as mentioned, or pm him here, he'll get back to you. Bus owners are out of the office once in awhile though.

Wooow,I just talked to brain the other day(thur) I just called in.I'm looking for Ttype interior he helped me out an sent a sample peace.

TRY ME!!

Agreed. And if you leave a vm, you should probably wait a week or more to try again. He's very busy. I'm sure if you just call their # 252 825-3293 during business hours, someone else could probably help you too. It's a pretty big operation down there now. If you email him, as mentioned, or pm him here, he'll get back to you. Bus owners are out of the office once in awhile though.

Thanks for the info fellows
I was wondering if I was just snake bit or what.
And when I call a vendor I usually like to talk to the person in charge as I trust them to know what axle seals I need for example; rather than take a chance with someone who may not know about our buicks and send me the wrong part.
I will send him an email

How is that a good way to do buisness??

I've waited longer than a week for a call back. He never called back. I've been to his place four times and he was there once.

I will say that when I dealt with him in person it was great, but it's a five hour drive for me.

As for you saying it's a pretty big operation you're fucking kidding right?? Yea the building is big, [old car dealership] but it's just him, his girlfriend and maybe a guy that puts cars together for him, at least that's what I saw when I've been there.

As for you saying owners are out of the office once in awhile, they are out more than 90% of the time in my experience when visiting and never answer the phone whenever I called.

My take on his buisness is it could be a successful one if he would put the time in himself and even if he doesn't want to be there all he needs to do is hire two people, one to answer the phone to end the leave a message, that bullshit only works if you are actually busy and return calls. Second, another person that can answer tech questions and pack orders to get them out in a fashionable time.

If he is really as busy as you say he is [he might have been when you were there] not so much when I was, then he could afford to hire help that would enhance his buisness not tank it like he seems to be doing on his own.

In reality my take is that his heart isn't in it and he's just letting it run itself. Whether it runs well or runs into the ground is his choice and his only.

I could be wrong as I only have a small sampling of visits and calls to his establishment, but of the dozen calls and four visits I only had one good experience, you do the math and make up your own minds.

I hope this helps someone and that they also take concern to it.

To be fair if you don't care about reaching people and just order off the site you will be happy as you will get your order. It may be wrong like mine was when I ordered a heater core and the pic on the site shows a brass core for 50 something dollars, and they sent me a 22 dollar parts chain aluminum POS.

I just went to the site to verify the price I paid and they have updated the heater core pic by deleting it and not even offering a core for the 86/87 cars now.

The 84/85 pic still shows the brass one but if you order it confirm that you will get what's in the pic not some POS aluminum one when you PAY the BRASS core price.

How is that a good way to do buisness??

I've waited longer than a week for a call back. He never called back. I've been to his place four times and he was there once.

I will say that when I dealt with him in person it was great, but it's a five hour drive for me.

As for you saying it's a pretty big operation you're fucking kidding right?? Yea the building is big, [old car dealership] but it's just him, his girlfriend and maybe a guy that puts cars together for him, at least that's what I saw when I've been there.

As for you saying owners are out of the office once in awhile, they are out more than 90% of the time in my experience when visiting and never answer the phone whenever I called.

My take on his buisness is it could be a successful one if he would put the time in himself and even if he doesn't want to be there all he needs to do is hire two people, one to answer the phone to end the leave a message, that bullshit only works if you are actually busy and return calls. Second, another person that can answer tech questions and pack orders to get them out in a fashionable time.

If he is really as busy as you say he is [he might have been when you were there] not so much when I was, then he could afford to hire help that would enhance his buisness not tank it like he seems to be doing on his own.

In reality my take is that his heart isn't in it and he's just letting it run itself. Whether it runs well or runs into the ground is his choice and his only.

I could be wrong as I only have a small sampling of visits and calls to his establishment, but of the dozen calls and four visits I only had one good experience, you do the math and make up your own minds.

I hope this helps someone and that they also take concern to it.

To be fair if you don't care about reaching people and just order off the site you will be happy as you will get your order. It may be wrong like mine was when I ordered a heater core and the pic on the site shows a brass core for 50 something dollars, and they sent me a 22 dollar parts chain aluminum POS.

I just went to the site to verify the price I paid and they have updated the heater core pic by deleting it and not even offering a core for the 86/87 cars now.

The 84/85 pic still shows the brass one but if you order it confirm that you will get what's in the pic not some POS aluminum one when you PAY the BRASS core price.
Sorry to hear of your problems with Gbody Brian, I have done quite a bit of business with them over the past 3-4 years and ALWAYS got someone on the phone and my orders went out quickly. One time out of many I had a problem with an order and they immediately shipped another detent plate free of charge. I hope this issue gets resolved as Brian has been good to many of us. I know he will make this right. Good luck

i ordered from him once. i ordered a "new" turbo oil feed brass block. it was dirty and threads were stripped. first and last time i dealt with him.

Does anyone know him personally? maybe some family issues? im trying to order the rear bumper filler, sent out an email no response called a few times left a message and no response.

He's probably just taking a break. Maybe he should communicate that better, but he's human, he has a life too.

He's probably just taking a break. Maybe he should communicate that better, but he's human, he has a life too.

How long of a break is he taking? This has been going on for months not days or weeks.

I make no excuses for him or any other buisness unless they are hospitalized. I'm human also and very forgiving to anyone that rectifies the problem and goes out of their way [not their office] to make someone happy with their purchase.

This buisness has become the exception to the rule on this board as other vendors will make you happy if there is a problem that originated on their end. Most do something as basic as answering their buisness phone during buisness hours.

Remember this is his problem not ours. Why should the Gbody community except sub par performance from a vendor. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I would be a stand up customer if he was a stand up seller [buisnessman] of goods that takes money from people on the assumption that they will get what is advertised at time of sale.

You may have a personal relationship with him and that's why you defend him. To those that do know him and call him friend they should look after him and be friend enough to tell him he's not just fucking a few people on a couple boards by not answering his phone, he's fucking himself, as word gets out his buisness will go down the toilet and he will be stuck with all that inventory, and he does have a lot.

If he is in fact going through rough times right now I hope things turn around for him and soon. If and when that happens I will be a stand up guy that will give praise where it's due, but I'm not going to make excuses for his poor buisness practices and neither should anyone else that is looking out for the members on this or any other board.

RZ.

Last edited:
How long of a break is he taking? This has been going on for months not days or weeks.

I make no excuses for him or any other buisness unless they are hospitalized. I'm human also and very forgiving to anyone that rectifies the problem and goes out of their way [not their office] to make someone happy with their purchase.

This buisness has become the exception to the rule on this board as other vendors will make you happy if there is a problem that originated on their end. Most do something as basic as answering their buisness phone during buisness hours.

Remember this is his problem not ours. Why should the Gbody community except sub par performance from a vendor. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I would be a stand up customer if he was a stand up seller [buisnessman] of goods that takes money from people on the assumption that they will get what is advertised at time of sale.

You may have a personal relationship with him and that's why you defend him. To those that do know him and call him friend they should look after him and be friend enough to tell him he's not just fucking a few people on a couple boards by not answering his phone, he's fucking himself, as word gets out his buisness will go down the toilet and he will be stuck with all that inventory, and he does have a lot.

If he is in fact going through rough times right now I hope things turn around for him and soon. If and when that happens I will be a stand up guy that will give praise where it's due, but I'm not going to make excuses for his poor buisness practices and neither should anyone else that is looking out for the members on this or any other board.

RZ.

Wow. That really took some time. We all definitely know how you feel. I am not friends with him, he has given me ok service in the past, but maybe I just give too much benefit of the doubt I guess. I believe the karma will come back around to me this way, but I may be the fool here. I'm ok with that though in this case.

I am not friends with him, he has given me ok service in the past,

I'm sorry I didn't mean to insinuate that you were his friend.

What I meant/tried to say was if someone reading this was his friend, and that if they were really his friend they would look out for him and express the concerns that are appearing on the board so that he may take whatever actions he can to keep his buisness from further sliding towards the great abyss.

Sorry I wasn't as PITHY this time. But I'm getting better than the last two posts before the one above.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to insinuate that you were his friend.

What I meant/tried to say was if someone reading this was his friend, and that if they were really his friend they would look out for him and express the concerns that are appearing on the board so that he may take whatever actions he can to keep his buisness from further sliding towards the great abyss.

Sorry I wasn't as PITHY this time. But I'm getting better than the last two posts before the one above.

lol. I like it.

Had the same issue a month ago. Never talked to anyone directly. Only by email. His direct email is on the site. That's how I got ahold of Brian. I still didn't get all that I needed, but he did check back with me to see if I had gotten the answer.

Not sure what's going on but if you're spending big bucks with a company and can't get ahold of anyone that's scary!!!!

Not enough interest is the word...I don't know how many need to presell to make it worthwhile. Would be nice to know.

He does have plenty of the GN style that haven't sold, so why sit on more money by stocking those.