Nice story in Muscle Machines magazine

Xvetteowner

May issue, page 24, Driver report, 1987 Buick Regal limited. ends with "This is one ot those cars that everyone should own before they die-and better to do it now while they're still affordable" Between write ups like that and the new Fast and the Furious 4 movie doing record sales the price these cars will only go higher. That movie, good or bad introduces the Buick turbo to god knows how many people ( Movie sales are 73 million at I'm guessing 9 dollars a ticket ) That's alot of people. The potential amount of new buyers grews but the supple stays the same. In fact the new buyer i.e younger guy that never heard of this type of car would appreciate something with fuel injection, turbo, great tech support and can be tuned with a computer.Plus it will flat out waste a Honda Civic no matter how wide its muffler outlet is.

Read the article last night, great story and super looking car. I know I will miss mine after it heads to Texas!

If you include the shift light

the Honda picks up 3 mph on the top end But if the Honda has the 5000 watt speaker setup taking up the whole back seat, I think that's good for another 4 mph at the end of the quarter mile. What do you think the wings worth?

This is the second full spread article from this magazine on Turbo-Ts since Ive been into cars (7 years). The other is on the WE4s. Great pictures, decent commentary. These two articles alone make me rank this magazine really high up there. I forget the date of the WE4 issue but if I find it Ill port it up.

But what if the Honda also has a really, really big tach screwed to the dash, with a shift light?

Don't forget the graphics on the paint and the stickers on the windows make it faster, plus the unpainted ground effects kit saves weight= HP;) And I hear if you remove the windshield wipers you gain another 5-6 HP:biggrin:

Does it bother anyone that the article notes the 1/4-mile ET performance at 15.7 seconds? Other reading I have done, along with a muscle car field guide that I have, indicates the GN's (86/87) 1/4-mile time should be in the upper 13's. The article notes the weight of the Regal Limited at 3,225 lbs, which is less than a GN. I'm not sure the article is doing fair justice here.

Does it bother anyone that the article notes the 1/4-mile ET performance at 15.7 seconds? Other reading I have done, along with a muscle car field guide that I have, indicates the GN's (86/87) 1/4-mile time should be in the upper 13's. The article notes the weight of the Regal Limited at 3,225 lbs, which is less than a GN. I'm not sure the article is doing fair justice here.

Limited's DO weigh less then GN's.... Any way, they also mention GN's and T's as the next big collector cars to watch out for in a article about two years ago I have at home. I'll post the info when I'm home. Does anyone know how many Limited's DO have the aluminum bumper braces mentioned in the article? My son sure thought it was cool! :biggrin: