New Turbo smoke

1buick

I purchased a new precision te60 in October and it was pushing oil into the up-pipe from day one. Has anyone else had this problem and who do you guys recommend to fix it, will precision repair it for free or do I need to call the vendor I purchased it from?:mad: I thought that precision made a quality product. I am very disappointed with this turbo, it only has about 300 miles on it. Can any chime in?:confused:

Check for shaft play first, if so you should be under warranty as long as it didn't ingest something or there is an oil feed restriction/clog etc.

Most likely you have too much oil going into it, what is the size of your oil feedline for the turbo?

I have the factory stock oil cooling line. I didn't think the stock oil line would pump to much oil. Am I wrong?

I purchased a new precision te60 in October and it was pushing oil into the up-pipe from day one. Has anyone else had this problem and who do you guys recommend to fix it, will precision repair it for free or do I need to call the vendor I purchased it from?:mad: I thought that precision made a quality product. I am very disappointed with this turbo, it only has about 300 miles on it. Can any chime in?:confused:

1buick,
Please give me a call so we can go over what's going on with your turbo.
Your turbo does indeed have a 1 year warranty, and it would be greatly appreciated if you'd give us a call about your issues.
Our direct number is # 219-996-7832
I'd be glad to go over your issues you are having and help you anyway I can.

Patrick

Precision Turbo
Level 2 Territory Sales Rep

Stock line is plenty, but usually it's recommended to swap it for a fresh line to insure it's totally clog free internally. This isn't your issue unless it's really clogged up, doesn't sound like it. If there isn't any shaft play the drain would be next on the list along with a possible leaky shaft seal.

Call PTE, they'll help you out.

1buick,
Please give me a call so we can go over what's going on with your turbo.
Your turbo does indeed have a 1 year warranty, and it would be greatly appreciated if you'd give us a call about your issues.
Our direct number is # 219-996-7832
I'd be glad to go over your issues you are having and help you anyway I can.

Patrick

Precision Turbo
Level 2 Territory Sales Rep

As Patrick stated give him a call he is very good at what he does and can be a great help.;)

Thanks guys, I will give precision a call tomorrow. I hear that the oil return line is usually to first place to start, I will keep u guys updated as to my status on this issue. I am very encouraged that precision is willing to back their product, it's like they say customer service means everything.