Repair my TE-61 or switch to a new one?

Call Reed at Work Turbos,he may be able to shine some light on this for you.

I see they don't need oil or water.
He's referring to the oil fed models . I have a new 6771 triple ball bearing model on my car right now . It will spool to 32psi in less than .5 sec according to the data log , almost to fast for the street . You have to stay on the converter to modulate the power so as to not blow the tire loose , or at least control the spin .
www.compturbotechnology.com/3893s

I see they don't need oil or water. How well are they holding up?
Those of us that are on the newer ctr wheels are running oil up here
The units that require nothing are grease and the grease units apparently need to be done every 2/3000 miles I dont have experience with.

He's referring to the oil fed models . I have a new 6771 triple ball bearing model on my car right now . It will spool to 32psi in less than .5 sec according to the data log , almost to fast for the street . You have to stay on the converter to modulate the power so as to not blow the tire loose , or at least control the spin .
www.compturbotechnology.com/3893s
Yup
Right off the footbrake
And they will do every bit of their rating.

Do they offer the exhaust side in 3 bolt? I didn't see that offered a 3 bolt in the turbine housings options. What size would you recommend for my build. I dynoed 540@25 with a Turbonetics 64/65. I have been toying with the idea of updating to a second gen PTE 64/66. My friend has one and it's very healthy. Do you buy them straight from Comp or are there Buick vendors selling them?

Do they offer the exhaust side in 3 bolt? I didn't see that offered a 3 bolt in the turbine housings options. What size would you recommend for my build. I dynoed 540@25 with a Turbonetics 64/65. I have been toying with the idea of updating to a second gen PTE 64/66. My friend has one and it's very healthy. Do you buy them straight from Comp or are there Buick vendors selling them?
They do 3 bolts
I dont want to ge the thread way off track you can pm me if you like