New Turbo drain grommets

RUDE DOG

Rudeawakening
Whats up everybody any interest in a good grommet for our hot air cars. I have a brand new grommet from an 1983 tb that im sending to brian at gbodyparts for a repop, if there's any interest they will probably be about $35 but price is still not set.

These grommets allow you to slip the existing drain tube into the rubber tube grommet and hose clamp it down.

They were used on the 83 blow through t types and were discontinued by gm.

Heres a pic of how it looks, please post if interested or it might not happen.

Attachments

• 1427854580790.jpg
    1427854580790.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 220
308e79c0c1ff69c7337cc707d8e5fbb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woah....so simple yet so helpful. too bad I tapped my drain line into the back of my block after I got fed up of oil spitting out and dripping onto the crossover pipe. I would deff buy that

I am in. Let me know and I will send payment. Thanks Brad

Brad, payment would be to gbodyparts, Im just trying to help others get one of these since they would be more effective than just the regular grommet.

woah....so simple yet so helpful. too bad I tapped my drain line into the back of my block after I got fed up of oil spitting out and dripping onto the crossover pipe. I would deff buy that

Thats one of the reasons I think this product would work.

This is the original design that's going to be reproduced for the HA guys. It's less likely to leak and should last for a long time.

If only I knew about this few months ago before I had to drill into my block for the return :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count me in for one. Do you guys think this will make it easyer or harder to put the return line in when installing turbo? Any word on a pcv grommet? I also need that?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I use an 87 turbo drain line which is much stiffer and cut off the threaded part. I used a new grommet into the intake and it works pretty well. It's easy to put the tube into the grommet, fits well and doesnt leak.

This design was not used in 1983. It was used on the 1978/79 Turbo Regals. It used a short rigid drain tube like pictured. It was prone to 'dry rot' from the heat. In 1980, Buick redesigned it to a longer flexible drain tube with a grommet much like a PCV grommet. The longer tube went down into the intake. I've never had a leak with the longer design.

I'm not sure what the 84/85 drain tube looks like. Hopefully this grommet helps and the re-pop is made from heat resistance material.

This design was not used in 1983. It was used on the 1978/79 Turbo Regals. It used a short rigid drain tube like pictured. It was prone to 'dry rot' from the heat. In 1980, Buick redesigned it to a longer flexible drain tube with a grommet much like a PCV grommet. The longer tube went down into the intake. I've never had a leak with the longer design.

I'm not sure what the 84/85 drain tube looks like. Hopefully this grommet helps and the re-pop is made from heat resistance material.

Thanks for the info, Brian was going to make the new ones from some kind of heat resistant silicone.