New Stock Location Intercooler just came in!!!

I was doing a build for a guy and budget was getting out of hand so I bought one of these Vortec intakes and wound up spending all weekend it seemed just for gasket match and removing slag, casting was worse then crap but it sure looked good in pictures, kinda like a subway commercial where its packed full of meat on tv, then ya go buy it and ya got 3 slices.

Interesting to note on hotrodders forum(link below) you have half and half, some thought it was great and the other agreed with me.

Power+Plus Intake Manifolds vs Edelbrock, et al

Power-Plus Inatke Manifolds for Small Block Chevy V-8's - Professional Products

So i got burned while trying to save a buck and once again i was tripping over dollars to pick up dimes.

But let me say this, RedRegal sells his turbo luber setup on here, I could have bought a perma cool remote for 30 somthing and some braided lines and saved myself 30 bucks er whatever but he's spending the time getting it, packaging it and promoting it so i gave my 110 bucks to him.

But right now im having a hard enough time keeping my mortgage payment up to be spending anything on gofast parts but its like a needle in the arm and i need a fix

Jay

Are you still working on a twin turbo kit??

Yes, we should have the first set in our hands any day and then it is going on the car in my avatar:biggrin: Pics soon!!!!!!

I can tell you straight up that if Shane and I send our headers to China to be made, we have THOUSANDS (more than 1) of dollars in R&D costs to recoup. So I guess if we price our headers accordingly, we'll be ripping off the end user, huh. What happens when someone copies them and cuts the price down to barebones since they have no development cost to recoup? You know what people are going to buy.. its a game that the innovating guy cant win.

Thousandsssss$$$, but when they are finally done they will be right:wink:
Jay has a few new projects in the starting gate for us to.

China made parts have been floating around for a good while now, I can think of one brand that everyone thought (thinks) is top grade best stuff to have... And guess what? It is ALL made in China:eek:

The same "greed" that people think of when vendors have things farmed out to China also works the other way.
Try to get things made in the US and unless your going to sell 100,000 units they arent interested.
Thats why youve never seen or will see a Dart, Brodix, or Edelbrock Buick v6 block/heads.
Look at Champions block that was supposed to be available Jan 07. Its US made and the place to do the final machining has dropped the ball.
Many have been waiting to buy one of these but the release date keeps getting pushed back...I wonder why.
Its not Champions fault.

So the issue could come down to not necessarily where a product is made but, who sells it? If I am understanding correctly, the position is as follows. If someone is in the market for headers and has a choice between purchasing China headers on evilbay for $149.00 and purchasing China Headers from a supporting TurboBuick vendor for $500 a person should be ok with the $350 premium because the Buick centric vendor will provide (hopefully) more support when/if there is help needed with them.

I can see the logic in that arguement, but, to me, that a stiff price to pay. I always looked at this board as more of a community than strictly a built in customer base. Maybe I'm naive, but I would hope a balance could be stricken. I'd hate to be loyal to TurboBuick.com vendors only to learn I've been taken for a ride.

But like I stated before, I'm a newbie and all of this is a bit disillusioning - educating, but disillusioning nonetheless.

...and please don't tell me the Translator Plus is made in China :wink:

What I meant was, that if one had a choice between some no name guy online, or some no name ebay seller vs. a tb.com vendor, go for the vendor, or dont complain if your part dont fit, or it breaks within the first week, and youre left holdin the hose. Like I said, 700 now, or a thousand later. Many of you claim "i dont have the money"..but you'll HAVE to, to get yet another one, cuz your ebay model simply wont work. thats all im sayin.
Sure, we'd all like to support the ORIGINAL innovator on any part, but most of us simple laypeople dont really know, or will never know who initially R&D'd it, so we just buy accordingly. All I'm saying is, that we should always support the inventor first, and if you dont know who it is, support a TB.com vendor then. And within the vendors, you should buy american first, if you DO know where it was made, and then, if you dont know, at least get it from a vendor, and LASTLY, you should buy a chinese made product from a non TB.com vendor if all else fails. Thats the order it should be in. Ideally anyways. If ya dont have the money, then of course do what you can afford. We all know that noone should be starving because of a hobby. But then again, there's just no getting around the "pay now, or pay more later" rule..... You could have a 7 digit bank account, and you're STILL not getting around that rule.

God knows Ive done that lol. But thats ok, I'm single with no kids, and besides softball and competition shooting, I REALLY love working on my car. So I'll go without a lot of conveniences for my car. 'Cuz when I hop in her to take her out for a ride, it all becomes soo worth it. Nothing beats driving a nice grand national.

Yeah I dont have to tell you anything you dont already know..we live in Michigan, things get any worse I'll be sleeping in that car...good thing i havent done a heater delete:D

lol no sh**. tell ya what though, my heater works REALLY good lol. It warms up INSTANTLY, and blows sooo hot. theres so much room in a buick, i probably could sleep in the dam thing. hey, is that an 84 in your sig?

F-people stop buying this junk and no one will make it !! just save your coins buy a name brand quality piece Ta, percision, cas, kenny bell,and some others, If you buy a intercooler or set of aftermarket headers that cost less than 4-$500.oo new you just wasted your money on JUNK !! HAHAHA hope your crap falls apart. I know expensive parts piss you off and we are not loaded but heck the average life span of americans is dam near 80 now you have time to save and buy good parts.

ok I'm done:tongue:

F-people stop buying this junk and no one will make it !! just save your coins buy a name brand quality piece Ta, percision, cas, kenny bell,and some others, If you buy a intercooler or set of aftermarket headers that cost less than 4-$500.oo new you just wasted your money on JUNK !! HAHAHA hope your crap falls apart. I know expensive parts piss you off and we are not loaded but heck the average life span of americans is dam near 80 now you have time to save and buy good parts.

Kenne Bell has been out of the Buicks for several years but your point is well taken.

I was just poking around Ebay and notced a bunch of import headers now listed for like 150.00

Once they drop down to 5 bucks i'll get a set and use em for wind chimes

Nice. Now take another drink of cool-aid and drift off into that peaceful slumber afforded only to the simpler of minds.:rolleyes:

I bet all this copy-cat stuff will do wonders for future innovation too. You can call up all these "vendors" and thank them for copying and selling the stuff. Who the hell is going to want to make new products for us when they are just going to get undercut in the end.

good idea:biggrin:

Attachments

• cool aid.jpg
    cool aid.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 218
I bet all this copy-cat stuff will do wonders for future innovation too. You can call up all these "vendors" and thank them for copying and selling the stuff. Who the hell is going to want to make new products for us when they are just going to get undercut in the end.

Thats pretty much my thoughts as well.

With this new stuff Shane and I are doing, Im only planning one production run because I know that by the time we can get a second one done, the new "vendors" will have copied it.

Thats pretty much my thoughts as well.

With this new stuff Shane and I are doing, Im only planning one production run because I know that by the time we can get a second one done, the new "vendors" will have copied it.

I would hope with the fact they are designed for 10.0 cars and quicker, that the crowd buying them would rather have the quality over the cheapness.

If they do get copied, I can picture it now...
all the stock motor'd cars running chinese knockoffs of your headers and these 3.5"-4" downpipes they seem to think they need busting off some 14's at the track. :D