New racetronix dual in-tank fuel systems

Ok, I read the post. Also searched the site again. Still can't find the complete Stainless Steel Double Pump mount sending unit with Digital Dash level Sender (less pumps) Link please.....

We are not offering the DP system w/o pump anymore. Too much hassle supporting people who wish to DIY the system. For what we charge for the complete tested system there is no reason to use your own pumps. Only Walbro 255LPH and Aeromotive 340LPH pumps will fit. This info is covered in our thread faq.

I apologize for any confusion. I recently bought (From you) the Racetronix dual pump kit, with dual pumps, hobbs switch, dual hot wire kits, heat shrink tubing, etc..etc.. As we were going to install it, we heard you were going to offer a COMPLETE new stainless steel sending unit as discussed in this thread. I have everything already purchased from Racetronix, brand new never been used or installed patiently waiting for this sending unit to be completed for a digital dash set up. Can I buy what I need to finish the job with the components discussed in the thread without the parts I have already.

I apologize for any confusion. I recently bought (From you) the Racetronix dual pump kit, with dual pumps, hobbs switch, dual hot wire kits, heat shrink tubing, etc..etc.. As we were going to install it, we heard you were going to offer a COMPLETE new stainless steel sending unit as discussed in this thread. I have everything already purchased from Racetronix, brand new never been used or installed patiently waiting for this sending unit to be completed for a digital dash set up. Can I buy what I need to finish the job with the components discussed in the thread without the parts I have already.

Please send your inquiry to our sales dept.

Thanks.

How come I cant get to your website. Do you have a phone # at the business? I sent you a pm to place an order but no response yet.

Message sent. Let's see how this goes. Still confused....:confused:

A sales order was sent to both your registered accounts. We removed one account as you can not have two on our system. Thanks. If you have further questions please address them to our sales team. Thanks.

Message sent. Let's see how this goes. Still confused....:confused:
I had a similar issue to yours im sure they will make it right for you....My sender came in a few weeks ago and its an awesome piece packaged well....I havent installed it yet but i will be soon as i buy a new tank.....

Is there anyway I could get this dual set up with the return line the same size as the feed line?

So with your sender there's no restriction on the return for 600-800 hp engines?

Any progress with the Goodridge hose/fitting kits for the TB?

A repost of our DP faq with some updated information:

We have had numerous customers asking the following questions so we will answer them here.

Q1. Is the Hobbs pressure switch included with the DP system?
A1. The Hobbs pressure switch and interface harness are OPTIONS you can select via the drop-down menu in our web store. These are listed as options because not all customers require them. Some customers have computers, which can control both pumps via the jumpers (shown in our picture) on our dual harness. Some customers have upgraded return lines and chose to run both pumps all the time. We recommend using either your computer or our Hobbs switch to control the second pump. This reduces the electrical load, fuel heating and wear on the secondary pump. The primary and secondary pump may be easily switched by swapping the control jumpers if you wish to balance out the run-time on the pumps. The DP harness comes with both control jumpers plugged in as shown in our ad. In addition to this, the DP harness comes with a Weather-Pack connector so you can interface the secondary pump control to your aftermarket computer or any pull-to-ground signal.

Q2. Can other pumps be used in the DP sender as an option?
A2. Only the Walbro and Aeromotive pumps will fit through the tank opening side-by-side. It is a VERY tight fit. The DW and Siemens will not fit! We are not currently offering the Aeromotive pumps an option. If 500LPH+ of fuel is not enough for your needs then perhaps a dedicated fuel system would be worth considering.

Q3. Is the DP system E85 compatible?
A3. The Buick fuel system was never designed for use with E85. True E85 certified systems have their electrical connections fully isolated from the fuel and the internal pump components that come in contact with the fuel are made of special plastics and nickel. Some HP pump vendors are currently marketing their pumps as E85 compatible but there is just as much compatibility with their construction as there is to a Walbro 255. Customers have been running E85 with the Buick sender and Walbro 255 pumps but we cannot vouch for their longevity. If you use E85, you do so at your own risk.

Q4. I have your D-I-Y DP kit on a factory sender and I would like to upgrade / replace the sender. Can I buy the sender with the required parts?
A4. If you have our DP D-I-Y kit and would like to buy the parts, we can help you BUT we MUST KNOW which parts you purchased. Some customers bought our kit with the brass pump coupler or silver/red billet coupler. If you have the brass coupler, you will need to purchase the billet unit. If you have the billet coupler and it is being used on the factory, sender you will require a larger outlet o-ring to be able to place it on the new Racetronix sender b/c the tube OD is much larger. The dual pump mount may be re-used. The bulkhead, in-tank and intermediate wiring have all been upgraded and come pre-installed on the SS sender. If you have your sales order or invoice number, please supply it along with your e-mail inquiry.

Q5. Can the single Racetronix Hotwire Harness be used to power the new DP system?
A5. No, it cannot. The harness for the DP system is very different in almost all aspects.

Q6. Can I buy the entire DP system in a D-I-Y format?
A6. We are only selling a DP D-I-Y kit for the purpose of installing it on a factory GM sender. Our complete assembled and tested DP kit is not that much more than the D-I-Y kit so in effect the assembly, testing and sender are being included at a minimal price. We prefer to assemble all the DP systems here to rule out any problems and to ensure that every DP system that ships meets stringent performance specifications.

Q7. I already have some Walbro 255LPH pumps. Can I use them with your system?
A7. Only the GSS340M and GSS294M pumps can be used with our dual pump mount bracket. This bracket is designed to accommodate pumps with a machined 22mm centered inlet ONLY! The non 'M' version of the GSS340 supplied by other vendors will not work (this is for a mustang application). The GSS341, GSS342, F20000169 pumps will not work. Please note that you are responsible for any damage or lack of performance as a byproduct of installing your own pumps.

Q8. I have heard some bad things about Walbro pumps on this forum. Are there other options?
A8. This is old news. The pump in question was the F20000169. Racetronix never sold this with any of our Buick-specific kits. Racetronix has always bundled the GSS340M pumps with our kits so our customers did not have the multitude of problems people had to deal with YEARS ago. Racetronix is currently bundling the GSS294M with its single and dual kits. This pump has the same guts and spec as the GSS340M. Racetronix adjusts the pressure relief valve on the GSS294M to guarantee improved performance at elevated operating pressures.

Q9. I have a digital dash car. Do you have a sender for me?
A9. Yes, we have a 120-ohm level sender for the digital dash cars. A drop-down option has been added to our DP system here: http://www.racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=DPFS-G7&eq=

Q10. What size of fuel line do you recommend if I decide to upgrade?
A10. We recommend Teflon braided -8 feed and -6 return lines. We do not recommend any type of rubber (braided or not) for use with modern-day fuels. These Teflon lines will be more than able to support the full performance of our DP system.

Q11. Where is the biggest restriction in the fuel system?
A11. The factory steel lines running up the front of the motor.

Q12. Is the factory filter able to flow enough for the DP system.
A12. A clean factory filter is more than adequate for two 255LPH pumps. We do not recommend most aftermarket cartridge paper filters or SS mesh filters. The idea here is to protect the motor.

Q13. Can I use a volt-booster with your system?
A13. Yes, increased system voltage benefits pump performance.

Q14. What brand of fuel pressure regulator do you recommend?
A14. Accufab

Q15. Where do I get support?
A15. Via our support forum 24/7. The web URL that explains how to register is listed in our sales orders, sales invoices and packing slips. We do not provide an installation manual as of yet however the system is easy to install b/c it is plug and play. Anybody who has installed a fuel pump and hotwire harness before will have no problem installing our DP system.

Q16. Do you offer a -10 / -8 outlet version of this sender?
A16. We do not offer a -10 / -8 outlet version. The -8 / -6 version is more than large enough to support the fuel volume two pumps provide. You can see the outlet comparisons here for a comparison: http://www.racetronix.com/images/Fuel_Pumps/Walbro_pump_head-a.jpg
The outlet tubes will not easily accept larger fittings. If your motor really needs -10 / -8 lines to support the HP it produces then perhaps a dedicated external fuel system is worth considering. We offer in-line Weldon gear and Walbro screw pumps in our web store.

Q17. Do you provide an installation manual with this system?
A17. We do not have a complete manual at this time. These systems are completely plug & play so it installs in a similar fashion to our single pump system and hotwire harness. A few additional items are covered in our support forum and labeled on the harness. Most common questions are already addressed in our forum. It is a very simple system to install.

Q-SPEC. What are the performance specs of the DP system?
A-SPEC. These are the typical specs using two Walbro 255LPH pumps (model GSS294M):
500LPH @ 43.5PSI @ 13.5V @ 15.9A
425LPH @ 58.0PSI @ 13.5V @ 18.5A
625LPH @ 43.5PSI @ 16.0V @ 17.6A
577LPH @ 58.0PSI @ 16.0V @ 20.6A
345LPH @ 80.0PSI @ 13.5V @ 23.4A
432LPH @ 80.0PSI @ 16.0V @ 26.2A

Q18. Do you offer any pumps with more flow?
A18. Yes, we offer our DP system with optional Aeromotive 340LPH pumps. Two 340LPH pumps will support over 1200FWHP assuming proper -8 feed and -6 return Teflon lines are used.

As an owner of your pump setup I can vouch for its qaulity. I would like to know if the path in the billet coupler is in the shape of a y or if it is in the shape of a t? I would think a y would be easier at that point on the pumps?

As an owner of your pump setup I can vouch for its qaulity. I would like to know if the path in the billet coupler is in the shape of a y or if it is in the shape of a t? I would think a y would be easier at that point on the pumps?

The design is such that when used with our custom sender there is no impact on pump performance.

Walbro_pump_head-a.jpg