New here in VA

Mcmuscle3

Hey guys i am currently in the market for a buick grand national. I currently do not know much about them but I plan to change that. If there is any important information to check out before buying one of these cars please let me know. Hopefully i can find a good one!!
My plans are DD to take to the track occasionally. I would like to run in the 12's 1/4 mile. Not familar with the 3.8l v6 like i am the little 2.0 DOHC 4g63. So any help will be great! also how much pricing does it cost to upgrade these rare cars? I am looking at a decent project I'm sure.
Thanks!

I just noticed I may have put this post in the wrong part of the forum. not sure?? If so will a moderator move it to where it needs to be? thanks and sorry!

Don't worry. It's your first post. Ask anything you want. Here's your recipe for a twelve second car. Sticky tires, race gas, turn up the boost and timing. Oh yea. Most important. Don't forget to release the parking brake or you'll only run a high twelve.:eek:

Seriously though.
Welcome to the site. Here's some info to get you started. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/
Take your time and get the cleanest car you can afford. The fixer-uppers will cost you more in the long run.

Once again, welcome. You own this thread. Ask anything you need to know. The search here works too.;)

Mike Barnard

Thanks ! I have found one locally for 5500obo. It is pretty rough. It needs paint, tires, bumper gap fillers. Engine wise they said it runs great. Car hasn't been tagged in a while, they just let it sit and occasionally drive it down their road. If I could pick it up for 4600 it may be worth it. ?? I asked if I came could I change the oil and check it for shavings or anything, do a good once over the whole car. The car is all stock, 3 owner, interior looks fairly nice, . These cars are hard to find around me, I'm in my last semester of college so I wouldn't mind a small protect. I would like however to fit a hx40 on whatever I find;)

"It needs bumper fillers"? Yea! then that's a good one to get.:D JK.

A good paint job on these things ain't cheep. Lots of Buick people in your area. It might be wise to take one with you to see the car. Let us know how it goes.

Mike B.

Well needs the parts that go in between the bumper an the actual car. Not sure the correct term. Lol my uncle owns a paint booth, so my and his labor are free;) just need supplies

Do yourself a big favor and buy the best example that you can find and afford. Parts and pieces are not cheap, so if you start out with one that needs very little, you can get with your tuning/upgrade program and start having some fun....

SpoolFool 2 suggested you get one of your nearby TR guys to check out the cars you might find; that is a good idea IMO. Also spend some time in the "Cars for Sale" section to get a handle on what good examples are going for. There have been some guys on here that really lucked into some very nice cars for $10 -12K. Just got to find the right one for you!

This is the one I am talking about.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 45
How does the underside of the car look? The floor boards? Rust? Remove the T-tops. Check for rust there. Don't worry too much that the bumper fillers are going away. I know Garage queens with only a few thousand miles, that have fillers that look like those. It looks like it's very original. That's a good sign in my book. How does it run? How does the trans shift?

Exhaust is even stock I believe! Not sure about under car, haven't been in person yet. I don't beleive there is any rust, I'm still talking I the guy.