New Grand National spotted?

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1384533590.708287.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

And I'm not overly concerned about any new GN's. I have two originals of my own, and a high end Ecoboost equipped set of wheels for modern muscle.

If I were inclined to get a GM vehicle, which I am NOT, my first consideration would have to be the Caddy XTS with the twin turbo 3.5

Well, keep in mind if/when they do make it (GN), it will likely be powered by GM's 2.0 turbo 4, much like what will be available in the ATS.
If they do make a GNX it will likely be based on the XTS platform and could have the same 3.5 twin turbo motor that powers the XTS. GM claims that motor is good for 400HP, which is a bit stronger than our Ecoboost's 365 rating.

The Turbo market is definately HEATING UP!! Ford turbo's nearly every thing they make, and GM is moving in that direction.

The XTS platform is FWD based as it's shared with the new Impala. The new ATS chassis will underpin the new Camaro as well so will be natural for a RWD Buick. $30k Camaro, $50k ATS V, so a $40k Buick GN will fit right in. TYhe ATS coupe has already been spotted. The 2.0L I4 may make it into an ATS based Buick w/ 4 drs even, heck even a 4dr t type with Turbo V6 would be cool to me, but the GNs will be Turbo V6. The XTS chassis is not that great though, perfect for a bland AWD Caddy. And the GM turbo V6 is 3.6L. Supposedly a 550hp version has already been tested. The base turbo V6 makes 420hp and 430tq.

Plenty left in the Ford motor though. I'm excited to see what they do if they drop it in a Mustang next gen.

The base turbo V6 makes 420hp and 430tq.

Actually, according to the Cadillac web site it's 410, but let's not quibble over numbers.

And even though the XTS is a base FWD platform, I'm quite sure the twin turbo v6 requires the AWD option, just like the Fords.

Actually, according to the Cadillac web site it's 410, but let's not quibble over numbers.

And even though the XTS is a base FWD platform, I'm quite sure the twin turbo v6 requires the AWD option, just like the Fords.

True. The XTS gets a lower hp version. Probably b/c of the transaxle vs the rwd tranny in the ATS Vsport w/ 420hp and 430tq and possibly b/c of exhaust differences.

My bad, CTS Vsport has the 420/430 rating with the TT V6. The ATS V or Vsport isn't out yet.

I was at a good friends house to watch a football game at his house a couple of days ago and he introduces me to a good friend of his who has a big position with GM, who also had come over to watch the game and tells him about my love for the Buick GN's an a little about my car. During the course of the conversation I ask him how true are rumors of Buick bringing back the GN-GNX for 2015, that there was a lot of interest in the Buick community, and in me to purchase one, he replied, "I don't know, but give me your contact information and I promise a reply in the next couple of days, I did. A few days passed and his reply: "Roy, there is no immediate plans for Buick to bring back the Buick GN-GNX" at this time... among other things. I don't know how far "up the ladder" he went, BUT...how I hope he's wrong ! I think I am going to give it one more year, and if nothing shows up, the old fart in me will be stopping by a Chevy dealer to take a look at one of those new Impala SS for a daily driver.

You would think that by now, someone in our community has enough relations with Buick to give us a real answer instead of keeping us in the dark. Is there still hope that our dreams can come true ? or it is all smoke ? My last chance at a Coupe for a daily driver.

I was at a good friends house to watch a football game a couple of days ago and he introduces me to a good friend of his that also had come over to watch the game and tells him about my love for the Buick GN's an a little about my car. During the course of the conversation I ask him how true are comments about Buick bringing back the GN-GNX for 2015, that there was a lot of interest in the Buick community and in me to purchase one, he said to me, "I don't know, but give me your contact information and I promise a reply in the next couple of days, I did. A few days passed and he emailed me...his reply: "Roy, there is no immediate plans for Buick to bring back the Buick GN-GNX" among other things. I don't know how far "up the ladder" he went, BUT...how I hope he's wrong ! I think I am going to give it one more year, and if nothing shows up, the old fart in me will be stopping by a Chevy dealer to take a look at one of those new Impala SS for a daily driver.

You would think that by now, someone in our community has enough relations with Buick to give us a real answer instead of keeping us in the dark. Is there still hope that our dreams can come true ? or it is all smoke ? My last chance at a Coupe for a daily driver.

I think you mean the Chevrolet SS. It's different from the Impala. There is no SS in the sedan line except the Chevrolet SS.