NEW DW 400 IN-TANK PUMP!

That's "asshat's" job... he does it in every thread. For a 53 year old, you act like a 10 year old.

Cool Nick, let us know what youre r & d info gets. looks like Iam steppin up to a bigger pump!

go figure, the ASS HAT is in here giving us all his expertise on fuel pumps again. Nick, be careful, this pump might heat your fuel to much. LMFAO.

REDS DOUBLE PUMPER Yaaaaaaaa.

I choose to eliminate the Hobbs switch in my situation. I didn't want it to be the reason my car went boom. I had it set up for overkill. I had put this fuel system on my car when it was a dual nozzle alky car. Now in comes a new fuel, which required more volume, and special pumps. So if there comes a single pump the is designed for Ethanol, can out flow mine, and is does not require serious tank mods, like sumps, I'd use it. I like my double Pumper but like with any pump, One of my two could fail. So using the same logic I used for running them full time, one bad in-tank unit will work for me, if its happens.

My things here is the return and feed line issue. It will take a beefy single to keep that -8 full under the demand of a full weight10.0 Buick on ethanol. We don't need 6 different choice that cause you to modify returns but can only fuel the car up to 10.80's on E-85.

great link, now its time for real world data. bench testing is just that. we need real world data

Nick

If you would send one of these pumps to Richard Clark for testing that would be awesome. Myself and Richard has flowed a ton of pumps and have the data saved and can compare this new.pump to all the others.

It will take a beefy single to keep that -8 full under the demand of a full weight10.0 Buick on ethanol.
Yes,it takes longer to fill a bigger line if it's empty. Once it's full,the size of the line doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is does your fuel system supply more fuel than the motor can use. You don't need to be concerned about your line being too big.

That's "asshat's" job... he does it in every thread. For a 53 year old, you act like a 10 year old.
What grade are you in that you call people names like ass hat?
You're so mature. You call people bad names and everything. When I grow up,I want to be just like you.

Yes,it takes longer to fill a bigger line if it's empty. Once it's full,the size of the line doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is does your fuel system supply more fuel than the motor can use. You don't need to be concerned about your line being too big.

Not entirely true..i know - semantics, but the size of the line impacts your friction loss which affects your pumps supply.... . If you go large enough, your friction loss will be negligible and after a point going larger won't help (or hinder) your performance due to the pressure regulator which restricts flow to generate the pressure you need.... You could have a pump that could supply all the fuel in the world, but if the line size is too small you'll get too much friction loss and the pump won't operate at the flow rate you want....Along the same lines is why two pumps don't give you twice the flow ...There is more to it than that, but in a nutshell line size does play a role in your pumps performance....just wanted to clarify to potential readers - not looking to start anything other than a healthy discussion...

I wish there was a hanger/sender available to fit 2 deaschwerks 300 pumps on it, i would trust that over anything.

kidglok said:
I wish there was a hanger/sender available to fit 2 deaschwerks 300 pumps on it, i would trust that over anything.

Once I get my motor back in and a new turbo that is the plan. I have measured everything and two DW-300 pumps should fit. I'll have to figure up whether I am gonna join them outside of the tank or inside. Just a bit of fab work and some electrical. I'll take pictures for you.

Does anyone know if anyone has ever tested the stock fuel system to see how much friction loss we get at various flow rates? The output charts provided by pump manufacturers don't mean an awful lot if you don't know what type of losses your fuel system will consume..... Its probably not all that relevant since we have enough folks on here with proven success with various configurations to know what works or not, but i was just wondering....

Nate

..... I know,not believe,that Nick would never recommend the installation of more than one fuel pump in any car or vehicle powered with an internal combustion engine. .....

Why do you come into my threads when you continue to make an ass out of your self?

You "know" that I would never recommend more than one pump in any car is another one of your made-up facts?

Not sure of the exact number, but I do know there has been more than 2 dozen I have installed, and ran one in my car for a few years.

I am going to ignore your raving fantasy of you being "the fuel system guru" of the turbo Buick World, and I am sure that others recognize your "facts" based upon your unknown experience and knowledge gained by building hundreds of unknown and really competitive turbo Buicks that have benefitted from all your effort.

I value my credibility and experience that I have gained learning on this board and working on these cars more than winning a pissing contest with you, and I do not want lower myself or to be associated with you in any way, as you have put your reputation into the toilet, where it belongs. :mad:

Not entirely true..i know - semantics, but the size of the line impacts your friction loss which affects your pumps supply.... . If you go large enough, your friction loss will be negligible and after a point going larger won't help (or hinder) your performance due to the pressure regulator which restricts flow to generate the pressure you need.... You could have a pump that could supply all the fuel in the world, but if the line size is too small you'll get too much friction loss and the pump won't operate at the flow rate you want....Along the same lines is why two pumps don't give you twice the flow ...There is more to it than that, but in a nutshell line size does play a role in your pumps performance....just wanted to clarify to potential readers - not looking to start anything other than a healthy discussion...
You don't have to worry about me being rude or calling names. Everything you've stated sounds correct. jasjamz was concerned that his supply line was too large for his pump,not too small. He was concerned that his pump wouldn't be able to keep his large line full and feed his motor. I've seen others voice this concern. Hydraulics don't work like some think. If the current pump is able to feed the current motor enough fuel to keep it happy with a -8 line,it would still be able to feed the motor all that it needed if the line was the same diameter as a 55 gallon drum. I see that you also know this to be true.

Not sure of the exact number, but I do know there has been more than 2 dozen I have installed, and ran one in my car for a few years.
I know.Why do you get so angry when I recommend a doublepumper to someone. It's a wonderful way to supply fuel to a motor that needs a lot of fuel.

Does anyone know if anyone has ever tested the stock fuel system to see how much friction loss we get at various flow rates? The output charts provided by pump manufacturers don't mean an awful lot if you don't know what type of losses your fuel system will consume..... Its probably not all that relevant since we have enough folks on here with proven success with various configurations to know what works or not, but i was just wondering....

Nate

This may not be exactly what you were asking for, but someone tested the pressure loss of the stock feed and return lines.
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/fuelsystem/Returnlinearticle.html

This may not be exactly what you were asking for, but someone tested the pressure loss of the stock feed and return lines.
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/fuelsystem/Returnlinearticle.html

The link you posted is 15-20 year old info, and it is flawed. :(

The stock return line is 1/4", NOT 5/16". :eek:

Since that was written, there have been many improvement in methods and parts for fuel systems.

For example, I worked on a local GN with a double pumper with 2 DW pumps that has both pumps running all the time at 65 psi, and is a street car with over 500 ft-lbs of torque on a dyno test.

Since 1987, most all new cars now have in-tank pumps so we have benefitted with our fuel systems improvements greatly from recent technology and parts! :)

A major cause of damage to our turbo cars is that not enough upgrade is made to the fuel system when the HP is GREATLY increased, just be aware of how many damaged head gaskets are reported, imagine how many are NOT reported?