New best times and dyno

cuda6pak

Took the GN to the 1/8th track on Friday at about 2000' elevation.

Best time was an 8.09@90.8
60ft - 1.98 :redface:

This was taking off footbraking the vacuum brakes as much as I possibly could without spinning, around 7psi, and then flooring it right off the light.

Combo is a 87 GN, girlded 109, je forged pistons, ported stock irons and mildly ported intake, 208 cam, hooker aerochamber exhaust, TT old 5.5 chip, LS1 MAF and translator, TE44 @ 23-24psi, SMC alky kit on meth, dutt neck, Art Carr tranny and Art Carr N/L 3000 stall, Nitto DR's 275/60/15.

My first pass was the best pass, all other passes were 8.1-8.3 at 90+. I was really hoping for a 7 sec pass but couldn't muster it. It seems real sluggish off the line despite footbraking to 7psi, I tihnk it's just really rich, but I can't tune 1st gear WOT with my old style TT chip.

I had 0 KR on all the passes except for like 2KR at 30mph when I was still spinning/catching a tad bit. Millivolts were in the low 800's to high 700's. I think I can still lean it out some by taking meth out (SMC knob is at a little bit less than 8) as I've had it to 770-760mV with no knock with the scanmaster.

Then I took it to a portable dyno at a car show on Saturday. They didn't have a fan or anything and the dyno was sitting outside on a mid-high 70's day so no airflow for the intercooler or car. I made 352rwhp and 442rwtq at 23psi with the exhaust capped, and the second pass with the dump open I made 352/436 which I'm sure it was heat soaked a tad bit too.

i guess it could be the tune, but u should be in the 7's with that combo i would think. i was at the track yesterday and had a best of 7.88 on my combo with 225 street tires, cracked pass. header, 21psi, and understalled converter. were u spinning much? how fast to 330'?

I think you have a lot more in it. I had a TE44 on my sig before i switched to the T72 and i feel it would have ran at least 99mph in the eighth and high 7.0's at 25 psi. Mine spooled in under .5 seconds with the garret .63 ex housing. Get a wideband and dial it in.