New best and looking for more, time slip, video and PL file.

Why are you pulling so much timing in 3-4...were you seeing some KR? Only reason I ask is that I've never had to spread my timing that far between the two timing settings.

short answer - i am a chicken shi t

I wanted to keep things safe and from all the reading I've done it seems that most things go bad on third with the heavy load.

My thoughts were since i couldn't bring down the boost i should keep every thing else on the safe side.

And yes i am trying to race "safely" LOL if that makes any sense.

short answer - i am a chicken shi t

I wanted to keep things safe and from all the reading I've done it seems that most things go bad on third with the heavy load.

My thoughts whir since i couldn't bring down the boost i should keep every thing else on the safe side.

And yes i am trying to race "safely" LOL if that makes any sense.

I try to race "safely" too, so I can relate to you there. Good point on the boost level too being a factor. Good luck with your quest for speed. I'm heading to the track tonight and locking the converter in 3rd for the first time. I tried it on the street yesterday though and it feels good.

Best of luck!

Nice video too!

being a Chevelle guy (68-72 A-bodies in general) and a turbo Buick guy,that is one awesome ride!! Nice run!!

Any updates?
i set everything back to the TT settings and haven't done anything to car besides put easy very low boost miles on it. i have been procrastinating about the boost situation - pull turbo out -or- leave it on the car while porting????

being a Chevelle guy (68-72 A-bodies in general) and a turbo Buick guy,that is one awesome ride!! Nice run!!
thanks bro.

you can port on the car , no worries... its just light cast iron dust and will blow out

I set everything back to the TT settings--- when i start/continue the tuning process do i set everything back to my previous settings (race) and keep going from there?
or
Do i start all over again?

mods coming before my next outing
1-Floor shifter - to shift it manually at a higher RPM ????????
2-line lock - my burnouts were embarrassing to put it nicely
3-BB Two step for ???? - i just want to put this thing on my car then ????
4-turbo's waste gate fixed to get the boost under control.
5-5.7 chip - to make changes easier
Hoping for low 11s high tens?????????????????????? :eek:

get youre 60" down to 1.4 you will be low 11,s ez.you got to get out of the gate harder. in the video youre car did not spin a bit.in the great words from (BISON) when in doubt over 116 octane.cheap insurance to keep youre sh.t togeather. get youre boost up to 28 to 30lbs you will have a permanent smile on youre face that no one will able to soon wipe off!

get youre 60" down to 1.4 you will be low 11,s ez.you got to get out of the gate harder. in the video youre car did not spin a bit.in the great words from (BISON) when in doubt over 116 octane.cheap insurance to keep youre sh.t togeather. get youre boost up to 28 to 30lbs you will have a permanent smile on youre face that no one will able to soon wipe off!

this time i WILL be using/running high octane fuel WITH the alcohol

this time i WILL be using/running high octane fuel WITH the alcohol

You'll get slower.

Fix the basic issues first (ie. boost control); then buy a wideband O2 sensor as tuning off the stock NB 02 is just a waste of time. Then if you get really squirrelly for more power add the TT 6.0 SD chip, a second alky nozzle and more timing.

Otherwise I am blown away that your car left the line at 19psi. :eek: Good runs all and all.

You'll get slower.

Fix the basic issues first (ie. boost control); then buy a wideband O2 sensor as tuning off the stock NB 02 is just a waste of time. Then if you get really squirrelly for more power add the TT 6.0 SD chip, a second alky nozzle and more timing.

Otherwise I am blown away that your car left the line at 19psi. :eek: Good runs all and all.

the boost issue will be fixed
WB is on the top of the wish list
the SD chip is not going to happen yet
second ALKY nozzle is also on the wish list but not getting hooked up the conventional way.

mods coming before my next outing
1-Floor shifter - to shift it manually at a higher RPM ????????
2-line lock - my burnouts were embarrassing to put it nicely
3-BB Two step for ???? - i just want to put this thing on my car then ????
4-turbo's waste gate fixed to get the boost under control.
5-5.7 chip - to make changes easier
Hoping for low 11s high tens?????????????????????? :eek:

i actually got everything on this list done. :biggrin::eek:

So what do you guys think low 11s high 10s ???

talk to me guys

not a good outing for me :mad:
11.78 @ 112 was my best after fighting KR most of the day and being stuck in the 12s.

Attachments

• 11-8-2011 8.zip
    41 KB · Views: 37
  • 11-8-2011 7.zip
    40.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 11-8-2011 5.zip
    44.7 KB · Views: 35