Need to recirculate??

BoostnTtype

I have a 86 T type and i was wondering do i need to recirculate or can i put a blow-off valve on it? Im putting a percision front-mount and upgrading the turbo...

in my opinion there is no need for either one of them unless you are in conditions where you are constantly in and out of boost and you need to build boost back up quickly after youve let out. in most of everyones application there is no need and the waste gate will do just fine. my .02

I have a 86 T type and i was wondering do i need to recirculate or can i put a blow-off valve on it? Im putting a percision front-mount and upgrading the turbo...
blow off valve is not critical issue unless you like/hate that noise ? but since you upgrading turbo why not get one with surge cover like the one I am selling Gt6776 RS or simmilar so need for blow off valve is gone for ever ?:confused:

That being said, if you do install a blow off valve, the car may stumble a little bit right after the blowoff valve vents to atmosphere, caused by a rich condition. If you recirculate it, this will probably eliminate that, but I can't say I have any experience with this.

I've never had an issue with venting the BOV to the atmosphere, has never stalled or stumbled.

The general rule is MAF based cars are supposed to be recirculated, speed density (MAP sensor) EMS cars can use blow off.

That being said, people with MAF cars like these Buicks have good luck with BOV's.

BOV's and recirc valves are really more useful on manually shifted cars to keep the turbo spooled between shifts (closed throttle plate).

A BOV will work, but, after reading about them and trying one myself....You don't need one and don't gain much if anything anything on an LC2 engine with an automatic shift, except attention on the street. :)