Need advice on which front and rear springs to go with

warlord

I've done some thorough searches on my topic and I can't quite seem to make up my mind on which springs are right for me so I will ask u guys personally....
First off when I bought the car it came with upper and lower tubular control arms( don't know if this makes any difference), but I don't know what brand they are, also have factory size tires, & I'm not going to take the car to the track, it will be street driven only, i would like a good handling car .. It also has brand new kyb shocks , I'm also going to be doing all body bushings along with the new springs, I don't want to break my pockets with a set of coil overs ,but I have my mind set on the DSE springs front and rears with 2" drop, but I think I read somewhere that they need to be bought as a spring/shock combo set, and just the DSE springs won't work properly if u don't have DSE shocks?, plz correct me if I'm wrong...
I want a very good looking stance and would like to drop the car about 2", and would like a decent handling car on the highway/street......thx guys any info would be appreciated

I have my mind set on the DSE springs front and rears with 2" drop, but I think I read somewhere that they need to be bought as a spring/shock combo set, and just the DSE springs won't work properly if u don't have DSE shocks?, plz correct me if I'm wrong...
I want a very good looking stance and would like to drop the car about 2", and would like a decent handling car on the highway/street......thx guys any info would be appreciated
You don't have to use the DSE shocks but it is highly recommended, reason is DSE designed their shocks with the 2" drop in mind & they valved the shocks matching the coil springs rate and the timing of the jounce bumpers. You can use Any shock, it will just compress the distance of the actual drop and you will loose that travel that's all..

I have a customer who will be switching over very soon from this DSE 2" drop springs & shocks to a coil over set up if your interested? It's only a couple years old but you will be able to save some money buying it this way...

Thx dude, i appreciate the info..........as far as that combo setup that ur friend has, im not intrested, i want to buy them new, sry man......

87 grand national
60 psi mototron injectors
V 5.7 tt chip
Accufab fuel pressure regulator
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Scanmaster

Thx dude, i appreciate the info..........as far as that combo setup that ur friend has, im not intrested, i want to buy them new, sry man......
I understand, I was just trying to save you money If you were interested.

Give us a call when your ready.

Last edited:
Oh wow ,i just realized ur from gns performance.... Just made me confident to buy,I think i will be making my order with u guys this week... And thanx for the info again, u actually made my mind up for me, lol........

87 grand national
V 5.7 tt chip
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Scanmaster

Oh wow ,i just realized ur from gns performance.... Just made me confident to buy,I think i will be making my order with u guys this week... And thanx for the info again, u actually made my mind up for me, lol........
Now with our "Tax Time" special you will receive FREE SHIPPING ! (y)

Cool... Hey scot will the car still be able to drop the 2" with my kyb's?

87 grand national
V 5.7 tt chip
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Scanmaster

You don't have to use the DSE shocks but it is highly recommended, reason is DSE designed their shocks with the 2" drop in mind & they valved the shocks matching the coil springs rate and the timing of the jounce bumpers. You can use Any shock, it will just compress the distance of the actual drop and you will loose that travel that's all..

I have a customer who will be switching over very soon from this DSE 2" drop springs & shocks to a coil over set up if your interested? It's only a couple years old but you will be able to save some money buying it this way...

Hey Scott how much is he wanting for the springs and shocks?

Shaun

Cool... Hey scot will the car still be able to drop the 2" with my kyb's?
Sure but you will loose 2" of travel with those and risk the shocks bottoming out! That is one thing overlooked a lot when lowering a car... If a company makes a complete 2" drop system It's usually Best to stick with the intended products that mach one another as they were designed to work together.

We still sell the DSE drop coil springs and shocks but the Free Shipping offer is over..

Hi Scott, are these still available?