front suspension questions 87 t

Yes I believe the spindle is stock replacement with a 2 "drop is all.

Ok. You mentioned you had ā€˜94 Impala drop spindles and I thought they were different.

Iā€™m sure you know, but as a refresher standard Regal front springs are 350 lb/in. I havenā€™t seen rates on the rears.
Regals with the touring package (GNs, T-types, Turbo Ts and such) have 422 lb/ in. front springs and 118 lb/ in rear springs.
The UMI springs are 600 lb/ in. fronts and 130 lb/ in. rears.

Ok guys Im ready to purchase my front suspention. Which way to go UMI or ridetech?
I like the idea of going with the front wheel centered in the wheelwell and the special tie rod ends that articulate better.
Im running 18s and maybe go bigger later.
And also the ball joint / spindle setup.
LMK which way to go, its coil over for sure.

The UMI upper A-arms with heim joints (rod ends) will stand up to the downpipe heat.
The UMI competition coilover specific lower A-arms allow for coilover removal without disassembling the A-arms or ball joints.
UMI offers Viking coilovers as well as QA1.
Scot W. at GNS performance is a UMI vendor.

201E1B26-AA21-445A-8A8C-0E9CA492E4F1.jpeg

The UMI upper A-arms with heim joints (rod ends) will stand up to the downpipe heat.
The UMI competition coilover specific lower A-arms allow for coilover removal without disassembling the A-arms or ball joints.
UMI offers Viking coilovers as well as QA1.
Scot W. at GNS performance is a UMI vendor.

View attachment 392575

Thanks I will give scott a call and order.

Thanks I will give scott a call and order.

Looking back at post #3, you probably want to go back to standard G-body stock height spindles, swap the Bear brakes over and get the 1ā€ taller upper ball joints. UMI sells them preassembled this way. This will give you a better camber curve and get rid of some bump steer noted by Turbo6inKY.
Mention to Scot what drop you want and of course talk about spring rates.
You may consider 500 lb/in. front springs and 125 lb/ in. rear springs. These would be in the middle of stock and UMI.
Maybe with adjustable shocks the stock rate springs are what you prefer.

Looking back at post #3, you probably want to go back to standard G-body stock height spindles, swap the Bear brakes over and get the 1ā€ taller upper ball joints. UMI sells them preassembled this way. This will give you a better camber curve and get rid of some bump steer noted by Turbo6inKY.
Mention to Scot what drop you want and of course talk about spring rates.
You may consider 500 lb/in. front springs and 125 lb/ in. rear springs. These would be in the middle of stock and UMI.
Maybe with adjustable shocks the stock rate springs are what you prefer.
sent Scot a message to get things rolling.
Going to sell the whole setup i have minus the hr bar in rear.
Stand by for parts for sale for everything i have now......4 double adjustable qa1 shocks, 4 wheel baer brake setup with hothckiss upper a arms and the qa1 lower a arms for stock shock or coil overs and my lowered spindle. Which I have the qa1 single adjustable coilovers with 385# springs.
Going to get the big 4wheel Baer 6 piston setup with spindle and tall uppers with the Umi suspension and coilovers all around
Got my tax refund and the wife said whatever......!!!!

sent Scot a message to get things rolling.
Going to sell the whole setup i have minus the hr bar in rear.
Stand by for parts for sale for everything i have now......4 double adjustable qa1 shocks, 4 wheel baer brake setup with hothckiss upper a arms and the qa1 lower a arms for stock shock or coil overs and my lowered spindle. Which I have the qa1 single adjustable coilovers with 385# springs.
Going to get the big 4wheel Baer 6 piston setup with spindle and tall uppers with the Umi suspension and coilovers all around
Got my tax refund and the wife said whatever......!!!!
Sent a few messages even on website but no response. Looks like full throttle has the same kit but free shipping till end of day. Only problem is weighing the corners. Is anybody out there got a scale they want to rent to me? I only need one scale to weigh one at a time correct?
Ill ship and buy beer for troubles, I love buying tools but dont think ill ever use again.

Last edited:
Sent a few messages even on website but no response. Looks like full throttle has the same kit but free shipping till end of day. Only problem is weighing the corners. Is anybody out there got a scale they want to rent to me? I only need one scale to weigh one at a time correct?
Ill ship and buy beer for troubles, I love buying tools but dont think ill ever use again.
Post 21

Purchased the comp umi front suspention withthe coil overs. Purchased new bracket for my brakes to fit on new stock stly spindles. Cant wait for shippment

pics or it didn't happen

Attachments

• IMG_4192.jpeg
    IMG_4192.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4193.jpeg
    IMG_4193.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
I received the uni arms.
I read instructions, did anybody know where to start when attaching the uppers?
Use the same spacers?
Maybe there's a standard amount to install on first try?
Trying to get as close to get to aligner

I received the uni arms.
I read instructions, did anybody know where to start when attaching the uppers?
Use the same spacers?
Maybe there's a standard amount to install on first try?
Trying to get as close to get to aligner

When I installed the UMI A-arms with the 1ā€ taller upper ball joints I reused the shim packs that were in there.
I didnā€™t get it aligned before going with Speedtech aluminum spindles, so I canā€™t say where it ended up at.
To me, it looked like it needed a few more shims.

When I installed the UMI A-arms with the 1ā€ taller upper ball joints I reused the shim packs that were in there.
I didnā€™t get it aligned before going with Speedtech aluminum spindles, so I canā€™t say where it ended up at.
To me, it looked like it needed a few more shims.
What was the reasoning for the speedtech spindles? weight?

Actually looking at the upper a arms are the spacers needed since its a turnbuckle style

Attachments

• IMG_4216.jpg
    IMG_4216.jpg
    738.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4215.jpg
    IMG_4215.jpg
    746.3 KB · Views: 36
What was the reasoning for the speedtech spindles? weight?

The main reason was the shallow lip on custom wheels. The mesh center would have been almost flush with the outside edge of the wheel like Kevin Hartā€™s GN.
Without the 2 1/2ā€ hub the lip is deeper.
The other reason was they have the most accurate bolt on geometry out there. Ackerman angle and bumpsteer.
Iā€™ll PM you photos so I donā€™t muddy up your thread.

Actually looking at the upper a arms are the spacers needed since its a turnbuckle style
Good point!
Does it say anything about that in the instructions. I would call them and ask.
I have my downpipe wrapped so I got the poly ones.