Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Michigan State

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Illinois

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • Louisville

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
Wow. Holding a team to 71 points is a defensive win? Check Illinois' scores, then you will see defensive wins. I forgot, you Eastern guys are all about sending your players to the NBA, then signing more McDonald's All Americans. Sure the ACC won the ACC/Big Ten challenge, but your season only matters until the tournament starts. The most important wins are in the tournament. Even Dookie V said so. Yes the ACC promoter said that, and praised the Big Ten on ESPN (Eastern Seaboard Promotional Network). I am not saying UNC sucks, I am just saying they don't play tough defense.

Let's see. The ACC tourny winners lost to a Big Ten team in the Sweet Sixteen. Wake Forest lost to West Virginia in the second round, Georgia Tech (ACC Runner up) lost in the second round, very badly I might add.

Illinois can win in a shootout, in a slow pace game, in a transition game, or in a running game. They just have too many threats.

I am not saying UNC isn't good. If I did, I would be a dumbass. You have the best center in the nation. I just don't like them or any of the ACC teams for that matter. Duke is the main reason.

At any rate, I hope it is a good game, and I hope the refs don't decide it like they did against villanova.

Originally posted by DCVING 6
Sam, you coming up to Joliet for the dyno day next Saturday?

D'oh! I forgot! I can't, I gotta get my Z28 back from the tranny guy that day and I also have my son all day. I got a letter from Pete at ANS about a tuning/ dyno special so I think I'm going to do that. I need to change my plugs and stuff too beforehand, haven't touched the car since the Midwest challenge, and I know the plugs are fouled. Man, this sucks. I really wanted to go to that! :mad:

Originally posted by Robes87GN
Wow. Holding a team to 71 points is a defensive win? Check Illinois' scores, then you will see defensive wins.

I guess this is an endless debate--but-----it is not a defensive win--it is a very impressive 16 point win in the final four(michigan st.'s worse loss of the year i might add).71 is not bad at all--mich. st put up 68 in the only meeting with ill. this year.If someone scores 71 on monday night--they lose---flat out.

As far as the mcdonald's all-american--nba thing-------maybe thats why this is not the first time in school history that we are playing for a national title----after 100 years:eek:

final point----it is very refreshing to see the best two teams in college b'ball playing for the national title.Either way---they are both very,very good teams who deserve to be exactly where they are.Best of luck to both.

GO HEELS:D

Geoff

I will agree with you on your third point, but I highly doubt 71 could be the losing score. True, both teams are big scorers when the need to be, yet with Illinois' defense, we could see a lot lower scoring game than that. Also, Illinois did that at MSU.

In '89, Illinois had the best team that didn't win the championship in college basketball history. Illinois has disappointed us a few times, yes, I will admit, but you still have to be faithful, right?. I just hate seeing people leave college early or not even go to college and head for the pro's, because after college, very few play for the love of the game, which is the best part of college basketball. Like you, I wish both teams good luck and hope for a good, clean game.

GO ILLINI!!!

Hate to say it, but congratulations UNC. That was a great game, eh? That is what college basketball is all about. :)

Hate to say it, but congratulations UNC. That was a great game, eh? That is what college basketball is all about. :)

wow-----simply the best----------------------go-unc

geoff

I will agree with you on your third point, but I highly doubt 71 could be the losing score. True, both teams are big scorers when the need to be, yet with Illinois' defense, we could see a lot lower scoring game than that. Also, Illinois did that at MSU.

Yea 71 was way off.

As to the sending players to the NBA comment I have to say this. Typically the best players in the country go to the NBA regardless of where they play. It just happens that a lot of the best players go to Carolina. I will also point out that of the starting 5 for Carolina, 3 are juinors, 2 are seniors. If you throw in the main bench players you get 2 more seniors and another juinor.

The Heels sure looked good last night, but the best part was it was an exciting game like a lot of the games in this year's tourney. The Heels shut them down at the end when it counts.

You never know, they may be decent next year as welll :D

Sully

Originally posted by ghall
wow-----simply the best----------------------go-unc

geoff

They should have lost to Villanova... Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the bullshi! traveling call at the end of the game!? ;)

Congrats Heel fans...

K.

We were talking about Women's Basketball, right?

I think MSU's gonna win it!:p