Got Killed and Lived To Tell About It!

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
It's Saturday and it's the first really COOL and CRISP day in Phoenix in what seems to be forever........

My TR needs gas for the first time since I brought her back from Lou Czarnota's shop. Got me a new down pipe and boost control configuration tuned to just 20lbs, and on that 20lbs it's become obvious she's still a rocketship.

I've already driven the car to work a 3 times since she came back, sort of "hunting" but no one has wanted to play.

I must say, it's too bad the Chicken is all the way over in Lake Forest, but then again, El Pollo-Pollo was at Lou's shop and when he heard I was minutes away, he high tailed it just seconds before I showed up to pick up my car last week...:cool: HMMMMMM...:rolleyes:

So, I head to the Texaco a bit down the street from my house for a tank full o' premium. (they sell E85 too but it seems they are always out, something you E85 guy's always need to think about).

$57 bucks later, (something us premium guys always need to think about, OUCH!) I'm on my way to putt around a little and see if there's someone who feels brave......

Well, coming out of the gas station, I pull out onto to 7th street northbound from Indian School Road and see nothing but 3 lanes of empty asphalt for about a half mile ahead of me.... OHHHHH FREEKIN' BOY!

There's a guy waiting to turn out of a side street on my right so I take it easy until I'm past him and then I stomped on the loud pedal good and hard...:D Ran her all the way through second and part way into third before she was putting so much real estate behind her so quickly and I had to tap the brakes and reel her back in... Prolly nudged 100 mph. :eek:

Well, I reel her in and then had to wait for the light at Camelback Road to turn green. Then I just cruised on up 7th at normal speed.

I get another 1/2 mile more north At Missouri Avenue, check my rear view mirror, and, there it was, a big ol' police SUV right on my bumper, lights a' flashin and spot light blazin' away, but all I could see was the flashers in his grille.... I mean he was completely UP ON MY ASS!!!!

I give a little wave and pull over into the nearest parking lot.

He waits the cursory amount of time to make me reflect upon my transgretion while he calls in my plates and such.

Then he comes up to the car and says "Do you need to ask me why we are here?"

I said "No sir, I've got a pretty good idea why."

He asks me "Did you see me back there at Indian School?"

"Uhhhmmmm, no. Not so much. Sorry Officer."

He sorta smiles and says "Nice car, do you have licence and registration?"

I produce POI from the glove box and ask if I can get out of the car to give him my license, he says "Yes" so as I get out I unlatch the hood.... he gravitates forward and asks "What's in this thing, anyway?'

Next thing I know some random dude shows up out of nowhwere, walking up up saying "Holy S**t this thing is COOL!" He proceeds to say " Oh D**M, you have the turbo and everything! This car is Freegin' Cool, man!"

Not knowing how to react to this guy 'cuz he could be homeless or a billionaire, it's that kind of neighborhood, I try to brush him off by saying " Well yeah, it's pretty cool but I'm a little busy here, let's do this another time..."

This dousche bag keeps yappin'.... "These cars are badass, I've had some fast cars and never been able to beat one, but this thing is just STUPID fast!"

OK, now I'm just beside myself, thinking Mr. Po Po, who is listening to all of this, is gonna hand me my ass, providing he doesn't take me to jail.:confused:

So here I am, standing in front of my car, hood up, BIG unknown fan on my right, Policeman who just witnessed (a bit more than half) the power of a TR on the right and me, standing in the middle. CRAP!:(

In an effort to make Fan Man go away, I mention that "Now might not be the best time to discuss this, can you let me talk to this man, gesturing towards the guy in the uniform, dark sunglasses and ticket book in is hand.....

Fan Man, says" Oh yeah, no problem. I'm undercover, I'm riding with him...."

Oh GREAT! Another cop, I hadn't noticed him get out of the police SUV.

All I could think was "DOH!!!!!!!:eek:"

So Fan Man asks a few more questions and then points out some underhood stuff to Uniformed Man, seems Fan Man knows his TR's.......:)

Uniform Man says" So are you on the way home, or is some more "cruising" in your plan today?"

You can probably guess my answer and what I told him my destination was.....

Uniformed Man says "Slow it down for me, will ya?"

Sometimes you get lucky.......:D

I hope all you folks have a weekend that turns out just as well, if not better!!!!!!!

TurboTGuy

Looks lie you were the "chicken" in this case guy.:p You can't blame Tim on this one sheeper.:D

Cops gave me the $15 "Wasting of a finite resource" ticket when they pulled me over for a similar offense.

Looks lie you were the "chicken" in this case guy.:p You can't blame Tim on this one sheeper.:D

I gotta call BS, Charlie.

Lou, being the political beast he must be in this Buick world, along with the fact he built both cars, was actually taken a bit back when I mentioned that the Chicken may have exited "stage left" when it became evident I was only minutes away.

Lou admitted he hadn't looked at the situation from that perspective.....

It's ok though, Tim has the opportunity to redeem his overall "street cred", since that "cred" seems to be restricted to the Lake Forest, CA area.;)

He can bring his car out to Arizona and Nick Micale's "Buick Nationals" race the weekend after Thanksgivng this year and regain ( or should I say "Rogaine" :p) some of his fame and possibly a bit of his integrity.:eek:

He was "somehow" able to miss last years challenge by using "family obligations" as an excuse....... :rolleyes: Funny, it was the exact same reason he used when he snuck out of Lou's shop last week.....

Tim's always welcome to come on out here to AZ where there are REAL flat, staight, empty roads to give it a run on.... and if he thinks he's got the stuff, well, he needs to get his butt over here. We have more than enough space at my house to put up a worthy opponent!

If you, Charlie, on the other hand, would like to bring that Hot Air car to Phoenix sometime in the future I would be happy to feed you and yours some great grilling, give you a nice place to stay, and PERHAPS, introduce you to a desert sheep or two that I know.....:eek:

Have a good weekend!

I have a feeling chicken wont be so lucky when this happens to him, im waiting to see when he gets killed. lol

TurboTGuy: You got lucky on that one....I had the same sort of issue in my Black ttype in TX one Sunday afternoon- just driving around. I turned around at a car wash (it was a little wet on the ground) and was heading home when I decided to test the tire grip ability (as there were no cars anywhere in sight- especially the cop car). I lit them into smoke for a few blocks till I noticed the flashing lights through the haze... Cop pulled me over and gave me an "exhibition or acceleration" ticket. Some people get all the luck.;)

TurboTGuy: You got lucky on that one....I had the same sort of issue in my Black ttype in TX one Sunday afternoon- just driving around. I turned around at a car wash (it was a little wet on the ground) and was heading home when I decided to test the tire grip ability (as there were no cars anywhere in sight- especially the cop car). I lit them into smoke for a few blocks till I noticed the flashing lights through the haze... Cop pulled me over and gave me an "exhibition or acceleration" ticket. Some people get all the luck.;)

Oh, I know I was lucky alright! I'm still trying to figure out how I dodged that bullet...... I mean, my car was really MOVING.....

Perhaps it's the gray hair and pleasant demenor and respect I showed him.... perhaps it was the sheet eating grin he couldn't have slapped off my face....... I don't know, I just said "Thank you" and went straight the hell home.....:oops:

That's why I rarely come out to play... Too many police and well, at least with the black cars- can't seem to be able to buy a race. (at least one that doesn't involve a ricer or a jeep) LOL

looks like you had more than one fan there! thats why you got off with no ticket. i bet he liked seeing that car run! well next time you know to look over at the school to see if there is a cop watching and waiting.

After you breathing returned to normal and your heart rate went down he let you slide. Good deal.

Put him on your Christmas list.

I had a cop let me slide on a red light that could have gone either way last Thursday. He pulled up next to me and waved his finger telling me to stop next time. Yes sir!

Mikey

Oh, I know I was lucky alright! I'm still trying to figure out how I dodged that bullet...... I mean, my car was really MOVING.....

Perhaps it's the gray hair and pleasant demenor and respect I showed him.... perhaps it was the sheet eating grin he couldn't have slapped off my face....... I don't know, I just said "Thank you" and went straight the hell home.....:oops:

Oh man! How did I miss this thread?

I vote that it had more to do wiff yo bad breff...from talkin so much crap....:p

...and here's the true story...
http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/you-dodgin-me-guy.386089/
...when we meet up....I get dibs on entering the staging lanes ahead of you...I don't want you doing one of your infamous back AZwards burnouts right into my FMIC.:confused:
Oh....and you gotta drive your own car down the track...no hired help.:D