Now that bates is over..........

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I must confess......

On Friday, before the show, I decided to drive the TR to work, wash her up, and give her a little TLC.

The morning ride in was uneventful, as was the workday.

I left just a bit early and while heading down the side street I use to head to the main surface street I use to get to the 101/51 transition heading for home, well, I ran across the late model Yellow Boss 302 Pony Car I schooled a few months back.

He recognized the car right away and was seemingly looking for some revenge....

We did our best jockeying around to end up at a newly installed light at 64th Street and Mayo, a brand new state highway exit that dead ends at Mayo BLVD, opened just 3 weeks ago.

I thought he would take it North and jump on the 101 and I'm thinking he thought I would do the same......

But what if we both kept heading west?.........Holy crap, lo-and-behold, it worked out. I was on the right, he had the inside lane.

As I'm sitting waiting for the light to change, my boss called me.

The last time I met up with this guy, I was on the phone with Lou Czarnota and handily defeated that 'Stang, twice.:D:D

So here we are, waiting.... wondering. And I'm not paying any friggin' attention... :whistle: Too busy talking shit and thinking....No problem here......

I'll only say this:

Yep.... when I was dead beat late at the intersection light, as I was yammering on the phone about what an ass whoopin' I was about to hand this Moostang.,.... I swear...I think the guy in the Mustang might have even heard me bitching myself out as I tried to catch him. :cautious::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Gave him a big thumbs up at the Freeway entrance, he reciprocated.

The score has been evened, but not for long...........Next time......... And there WILL be a next time. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Moderators,

As ashamed as I am......Please move this to the kill section!!!

The Chicken needs this kind of motivational therapy, to motivate himself to get that sled fixed and not let it sit.
Kills are good. Rivalrys are better.;)
Keep us in the loop on this one. We may want to move this to the "Kill section". Guy. You cool with that?

Opps.
You posted at the same time as I did to move this. :D

Got it handled.

Thanks , Mike!!!!!!!

Gotta take the good with the not so good........:LOL:

Not sure about you but the temperatures make my car a little moody. I took mine out last evening (80 degrees in Goodyear) and it ran great, but I ran denatured alky without diluting with distilled water. My prior times out in this 80's weather were not as pleasant. Last night was probably my last run in AZ (heading to CO in 2 weeks-cars going in storage in the mean time). Nevertheless, looking forward to an update.