Name some obscure US Produced Car Models made during the 1980s

Reminds me Pete Serio the well known "window rattle guy" had one of these years ago...got it cheap had blown motor.....neat car kinda ugly....problem with it no one could pronouce the name correctly I always called them muckers....

I am sure their is a club for them with a small loyal following.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Think it's pronounced "Mare Koor" I remember they had either a 2 or 3 stage funky rear wing/ spoiler on them. They also made another model called Scorpion which you hardly saw even when new.

Buick Summersalt.....

Somewhere there is a TT V6 one running around that Buick helped pay for.;)

Late 80's Pontiac Sunbird with the Brazillian turbo 1.8.

Also, there was a Chevy Turbo Sprint produced. 1.0L 3 cylinder turbo motor. It had the smallest turbo and intercooler I have ever seen.

Dodge Shawdow with 2.2 Liter Turbo, Taurus SHO, Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Thurderbird super coupe.

my submission :biggrin: Yes it's still for sale darnit. Very neat cars for their time. The T-Coupes felt heavy, the XR4Ti was just weird looking.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,257
Dodge Rampage, FWD truck-car.

Didn't they build Studebaker Avanti replica cars in the early 80's?

Chrysler TC by Maserati.

Look up Plymonth Scamp pick-up.......:rolleyes:

Lebarron Coupe (turbo)

Concorde,New Yorker.

thats funny. i still see quite a few of those K car derivatives, and the RWD chryslers....

also see quite a good number of X-body cars, tho i'd have to say, the X11 and the Sport Omega, and the Skyhawk T Type are the rare 3 of the Xs....Somersets, I see a couple every now and then....
seen a RampageScamp going around everyday....
neighbor has a LeBaron Turbo convertible, a former neighbor had a SHO Taurus...one of my friends dad worked on a supercharged T bird, as wlel as the Sport Coupe Turbo t bird....out here rust doesn't quite claim alot of the cars...hell i could say, have any of you seen THIS still going around in YOUR areas? (FWIW, there an 82 v6 ciera coupe nearby, and the yard has an 84 ciera brougham coupe, and theres an 85 ciera holiday coupe somewhere)
DSCN2208.jpg

besides; its true that many of the late 70s and mid 80s cars are disappearing each month...i think it is rather amusing how these cars you guys mentioned, i see them around Oregon quite often....LOTS of G bodies here that have been modded to be either hoopties or lowriders

my submission :biggrin: Yes it's still for sale darnit. Very neat cars for their time. The T-Coupes felt heavy, the XR4Ti was just weird looking.

That offset intercooler scoop always bothered me..... they were just a few inches from getting it centered.

Back on the subject of F*rds.... remember these?
- '85/86 Capri RS/GS with the 5.0
- Ford LTD LX Fox-body with 5.0 (auto only)
- Mercury Zephyr (Fairmont twin)
- EXP and LN7 was a cute little package

Somebody mentioned the other Merkur car besides the XR4Ti.....it was the Skorpio 4 door sedan with Cologne V6 power.

I think the AMC Eagle lineup was waaaay ahead of its time.

Another car(s) that seem quite rare is any of the front wheel drive TWO DOOR LeSabres and the similar Olds models late 1980s mostly see 4 door ones....

In the posting so far it appears Chrysler has hit the home run for many of the rare or poor sellers from the 1980s.......

Those Dodge convertible pick up trucks....was just a quicker means to rust out the bodies......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I see clean versions or the Merkur XR4Ti, Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (really, really clean!); and a turbo Colt almost every weekend. Interesting cars.

Chevy made a turbo Metro.

Suzuki Samurais they were everywhere now you see em everynow and again.

Buick Reatta. I'ld love to do a S/C 3800 swap in one of those.
Olds Quad 442
AWD Pontiac 6000
Subaru Brat

Didn't Plymouth come out in the early 80's with a El Camino styled vehicle?

Another weird vehicle that was french and sold here was a Renualt FUEAGO. What a Hunk of crap!