Name some obscure US Produced Car Models made during the 1980s

1985 Oldsmobile FE3X Concept

I had never heard of it and found it in a search. Only 2 made!
cool car.
Thats my guess.
Brian

how about the chevy malibu M80's those cars has some nice spoilers front and rear and was the only G-body to ever offer a manual trans
There may be more G-body manuals than you thought....
'78-79 Old Cutlass including Salon 442 (260 V8/5 speed)
'79 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ and Grand Am both w/ 301
'79 Buick Regal (saw a V6 NA at Bowling Green years ago)
'79 Buick Century Sport, 305 4 speed (slant-back w/ hawk decal)
'78-80 Chevy Monte Carlo and Malibu LG4 305
'78-79 Chevy El Camino SS w/ LM1 350, maybe even a few Caballeros too.

I'm not counting the cars that offered the 3-speed Saginaws during those same time periods.

Just going off of the top of my head but further research can yield production totals for the above cars listed.

Krickey! Consulier was the right answer til you nixed the turbo 4 engine in Dk's Mystery Mobile:redface:. Was there a faster track car than the Consulier in 1989:p? Nope, whats-his-name offered a $10K bounty to a street legal car that could best the Consulier on a roadcourse. It was a 2.2 turbo Chrysler motor...

Alan

Plmouth made the Scamp

You couldn't pull a sick whore off a piss pot with one of those......:biggrin:

BZZZZZTTT, wrong!:p Here is how I towed a 33XXlb LeBaron(plus a 1XXXlb tow dolly) a few hundred miles with my 26XX Lb Rampage.:biggrin: Qualifier is, I did install my own class III hitch, slightly larger brakes, and a few extra ponies underhood. But dammit, it tows like a champ:cool: Send me a PM if you breakdown in my zone of influence , I'll come get ya with my car dolly and Rampage:wink:

Alan

Attachments

• Rampage tows LeBaron.jpg
    Rampage tows LeBaron.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 309
1989 Camaro IROC special edition

1989 IROC-Z Special Performance Package

[Image not available]

Other Views:
Engine: Base engine was LG4 305 w/ 4 barrel Quadrajet. Dual exhaust.
Transmission:
Clutch: 10.34 inches
Rear Axle: Positraction (G80) mandatory when equipped with 4 wheel disc brakes.
Brakes: J65 4 wheel disc brakes available.
Suspension: Stiffer bracing and bushing material than base Camaro.
58/32 N/mm Front/Rear Spring Rate (SC = 58/18, F41 = 58/18)
31/21 mm Front/Rear Sway bar diameter (SC = 27/12, F41 = 29/12)
Steering: 7 ply-joint vs 4 ply in base Camaro improves rag joint stiffness and offers better angular deflection. Recirculating-ball power steering with fast 12.7:1 ratio, plus limited boost to improve road feel.
Wheels & Tires: 5 spoke aluminum 15 x 7 inch. Goodyear P215/65R-15 white letter , steel belted radials.
Other options, equipment, facts: Modified McPhearson Strut, Special chassis bracing. Full Instrumentation. Special front fascia with integral airdam. Ground effects rockers.
Total Production:

I don't know if these were mentioned or not. I didn't see them.
Dodge Omni GLH (goes like hell)
corvette zr-1
z-24's
olds firenza
88 Fiero Formula
1980 AMX

Dennis, you sure have a knack for getting the "wheels" turning.lol

has to be post 85, and not AMC......not FWD transverse as that nixes all the 4 cylinder models... its a CAR isnt it, and not a truck or suv?

well there was the 1985 el camino IROC-S
and the 86 el camino indy pace truck.
I wouldn't call these any thing except stripes and conversions by choo choo customs though. They are pretty cool, would be neat to see them.

El Camino SS and IROC-S

I would have to go with one above but go different year 1987 elcamino ss cho-cho customs. dennis`s a clue .. that it was later? I remember see alot around mostly black

well there was the 1985 el camino IROC-S
and the 86 el camino indy pace truck.
I wouldn't call these any thing except stripes and conversions by choo choo customs though. They are pretty cool, would be neat to see them.

El Camino SS and IROC-S

Woah, I'd never heard of those:redface: but I did see one rolling around SoCal (Garden Grove IIRC) one day a few years ago. I thought the guy just stickered up a 'Camo. Hey Draggin, there are at least 18 in that factory pic that I counted, that's more than the production # the site lists:confused:

Alan

Your on the rite track as Buick did make some rare T-Types....first year 1983 had 5 models and this would vary during the run with that option.

Ever see a 1989 Electra T-Type? Or a 1988? I think sales were slim on these as mostly older people bought these cars and where not interested in suspension upgrades. Just guessing on this.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I pulled the center console and emblems from an 86 Century T Type a few months back. It was white with blackout trim.

Picture070.jpg

How about the z24 hatchback cavilier and the skyhawk hatchback-talk about weird.

My friend had an electra ttype back in high school. Neat car.

Another friend had a stripper 83 camaro with a v8

Another friend had 2 1st gen sunbird turbos

Another had a 2nd gen sunbird turbo

Just recently saw a citation x11 that was in good shape in my neighborhood.
One other friend had a VW rabbit that was like brand new.
My neighbor in high school had a skyhawk turbo that was like new (bblew it up)

I had a late 86 z28 that had all options and the rare midnight metallic blue paint. Wish I would have taken better care of it.

I also had a 83 monte ss that was blue inside and out. Pretty sure they only had that color for 2 years.