My car getting a long needed new paint job

Blank it out.

The hood bump is a dead give away as it is. Nothing else needed.

GM has been, and always will be the best at F'ing a cool car up with too much BS.

The ugly assed wheels and side vents on an otherwise incredibly well executed GNX are a classic example.

This, of course is only MY opinion, but I'm right.

Blank it out.

The hood bump is a dead give away as it is. Nothing else needed.

GM has been, and always will be the best at F'ing a cool car up with too much BS.

The ugly assed wheels and side vents on an otherwise incredibly well executed GNX are a classic example.

This, of course is only MY opinion, but I'm right.

Hey , I asked for opinions...all are welcome.

Bryan

FWIW now that you have a show and go car I like the orig emblems in place, the last couple of cruisin's I have been to, the younger cats (25 and under) have been taking all these close up pics of the fender and trunk badges for their collection.

Right, but add a Regal badge to throw people off.;) If you don't like it you can always remove it later.:p
Don't know how I got here, I was looking for suggestions on mini-starters. I have a GN, but when I get it painted I might just throw a Regal badge on it. I also like the 87 T badge. That's it I will convert my car to a WE4 from a WE2.

I have to admit the car looks real dam good... Also wanted to say thanks for adding some insight to a problem I was having, And I love the shot with the front mount hanging out....

I have to admit the car looks real dam good... Also wanted to say thanks for adding some insight to a problem I was having, And I love the shot with the front mount hanging out....

Thanks for the compliment.

Insight into what problem??

The front mount shot is pretty good...thats Cottons front mount, its large...

Bryan

Brian.
You never did post up a picture of the finished car here.:)

Mike B.

Brian.
You never did post up a picture of the finished car here.:)

Mike B.

Well Mike the clown that put my car back together was less than professional...

Where do I start?

Wet sanded the primer/sealer with the rear quarter glass out completely open, this left a GIANT mess inside the car.
The windows were down as well ...primer dust EVERYWHERE...
Broke 3 of my fillers because he didn't know how to remove them correctly...
Ripped out my headliner to get the moonroof seal out...these come out from the top when the roof is open...
Bent the trunk trim all to hell, then put back on without any screws...
NONE of my trim was painted...
Didn't connect the factory alarm switches on the doorlocks...battery kept going dead and security light stayed on...
The guy burned up my new $400.00 mini starter trying to start the car with the bumpers off the car...no ground to fuel pump...
Chipped the header panel after the paint job...Im sure he did this with jumper cables while burning up my starter...
My drivers window fell inside the car at Richard Clarks...Found the window stops missing inside the doors...
Broke BOTH tailight bezels !!
Big black grease spot on drivers seat...
power antenna bezel missing...antenna shoved inside fender still...
All interior trim thrown in trunk...
Trim screws are MIA...
Primer overspray EVERYWHERE under my car and under hood...
Both bumpers were sitting on the brand new fillers that I had to buy due to him breaking mine !!!
Left my car outside his shop because he couldn't get it started ( remember the ground for fuel pump ), temperature went down in the 20s, car has NO antifreeze, blew out the freeze plugs...
There is more , but you get the idea

My car is still at Richard Clarks, I left the car and trailer there in May after the freshly rebuilt engine developed a knock on the Dyno.
When I get the trim painted and the rest tidy'd up I will get some pics posted...

Bryan

Well Mike the clown that put my car back together was less than professional...

Where do I start?

Wet sanded the primer/sealer with the rear quarter glass out completely open, this left a GIANT mess inside the car.
The windows were down as well ...primer dust EVERYWHERE...
Broke 3 of my fillers because he didn't know how to remove them correctly...
Ripped out my headliner to get the moonroof seal out...these come out from the top when the roof is open...
Bent the trunk trim all to hell, then put back on without any screws...
NONE of my trim was painted...
Didn't connect the factory alarm switches on the doorlocks...battery kept going dead and security light stayed on...
The guy burned up my new $400.00 mini starter trying to start the car with the bumpers off the car...no ground to fuel pump...
Chipped the header panel after the paint job...Im sure he did this with jumper cables while burning up my starter...
My drivers window fell inside the car at Richard Clarks...Found the window stops missing inside the doors...
Broke BOTH tailight bezels !!
Big black grease spot on drivers seat...
power antenna bezel missing...antenna shoved inside fender still...
All interior trim thrown in trunk...
Trim screws are MIA...
Primer overspray EVERYWHERE under my car and under hood...
Both bumpers were sitting on the brand new fillers that I had to buy due to him breaking mine !!!
Left my car outside his shop because he couldn't get it started ( remember the ground for fuel pump ), temperature went down in the 20s, car has NO antifreeze, blew out the freeze plugs...
There is more , but you get the idea

My car is still at Richard Clarks, I left the car and trailer there in May after the freshly rebuilt engine developed a knock on the Dyno.
When I get the trim painted and the rest tidy'd up I will get some pics posted...

Bryan

Dayuuum Bryan.... WTF - your luck is horrible... was this a local shop? Will "he" pay for damages to the car and engine - for stupidity?
sorry to hear this.

aaron

Dayuuum Bryan.... WTF - your luck is horrible... was this a local shop? Will "he" pay for damages to the car and engine - for stupidity?
sorry to hear this.

aaron

Aaron...yes my luck with this car has been unbelievable !!

A little backstory first...

My wife's cousin Dale Hughes owns all of the Dupont Clormaster stores, like 12-14 stores, cant keep track of them. I have known Dale for over 30 years and I married his cousin in 1985.He has been trying to get my car to his place for years to take care of the paint but our schedules always seemed to conflict, he would have another vehicle in his shop at home or I was at an event. Well last October just before the Bowling Green Nationals I got a call from Dale wanting to know if I was ready to do it, I said to hell with Bowling Green racing and told him I was ready. Dale then says that one of his shops that he deals with is going to disassemble my car and strip it to metal, then the car would be picked up and taken to his place for paint and returned to the shop for re assembly. I questioned the ability of the shop and asked why he wanted to do it this way, he said he just didnt have time to strip the car himself. So I drive the car to this shop in Warrenton MO, it is at his house. There is an early 60's Vette there that looks pretty nice that he had just finished. I let my guard down...
i start talking to this guy and his son that works there as well...I now get the real story...They owe Dale a bunch of money for paint and supplies and havent been paying their bill. So evidently Dale decided that he was going to get something out of this guy instead of nothing and made a deal with him to to the work on my car...

The only positive thing I can say is that the car is very straight !! And he did an awesome job at the roof line where the factory line sucks.

The paint that was laid down by Dale is extremely nice...

This ordeal has now caused issues between me and Dale...he doesnt feel that he needs to make it right because he has over $10,000.00 in my car and the shop wont return phone calls or text messages...I just got FUCKED...AGAIN...

Yes it was a local shop in Warrenton MO, Shop owner, Rich Varnon

I would bet that Rich's son put my car back together and just didnt give a shit...

BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunnyside Auto Body & Sandblasting
Company Information

28150 Sunnyside Rd
Warrenton, MO, 63383 United States
(636) 456-5193

Bryan

Hey B, start a feedback thread on the body shop.:D Might save another member from having to go through something like you did.;)

Brian, your cars not out in the weather. Cozy carport for the duration.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Paint looked great in pics
What does a bare metal quality GN paint job normally cost in Eastern states?