my buildup - what do you think

tracy

Well I am set to pull the trigger on my build- up. I am hoping to be able to touch the 11's. Let me know if I am missing some ingredients

Short block = stock 27k miles
Heads = Stock
Valvetrain = stock w/100# springs
Throttle Body = stock
Adj Fuel pressure reg
Injectors = 50lb MSD
Hot wire / walbro
RJC power plate
cold air kit
PTE stock location IC
Turbo = GT3255A
Boost = 20lbs
Chip = Turbotweak 100 octane race gas
Suspension= air bags
Chassis=rear seat bracing
Trans=stock TC w/shift kit
Hoping this will give Z06's, Vipers, etc. a good run.

Do you think the PT51 would be a better choice??

Originally posted by tracy

No, not without a converter.

Instead of a Newfangled Turbo, how about a TA49 or TE44?

You should have no problems "touching" the 11's (low 12's would be easy with 100 octane/20 psi) with one of those, and there is no need to monkey with the converter.

My combo is below. I just touched the 11s and have more to play with. Your's should do about the same.

Re: Re: my buildup - what do you think

Originally posted by UNGN
No, not without a converter.

Instead of a Newfangled Turbo, how about a TA49 or TE44?

You should have no problems "touching" the 11's (low 12's would be easy with 100 octane/20 psi) with one of those, and there is no need to monkey with the converter.
I'll second this..

ks:cool:

Originally posted by GN HEAD
My combo is below. I just touched the 11s and have more to play with. Your's should do about the same.

Something wrong with the GT series??? They claim quicker spool up than the TA 49.

I just installed the gt32 but havn't had the chance to run it yet do to a poor air/fuel ratio that I can't figure out and now it won't start! but anyway In the next issue of "GM High Tech Performance" they are testing the gt series turbos on their T Type which currently has a te-44 on it. Might be worth checking out.
As soon as I get mine to my brothers shop and figured out I will be getting big injectors and will post the results.
Later,
Scott

Add about 4 pounds of boost and some really sticky tires and sure. :)

My PTE51 spooled okay with a D5 with quick spool code in the chip and in the BSTC boost controller.

I wouldn't buy either of those two turbos today however. ;)

A 44 would be what I would want with a D5.

Get yourself a nice 10" 3000 stall lockup converter and a 61 turbo. :cool:

Just my .02, although the old PTE51 works even better now with my 3000 stall 10" Protorque converter.

Originally posted by tracy
Well I am set to pull the trigger on my build- up. I am hoping to be able to touch the 11's. Let me know if I am missing some ingredients

Short block = stock 27k miles
Heads = Stock
Valvetrain = stock w/100# springs
Throttle Body = stock
Adj Fuel pressure reg
Injectors = 50lb MSD
Hot wire / walbro
RJC power plate
cold air kit
PTE stock location IC
Turbo = GT3255A
Boost = 20lbs
Chip = Turbotweak 100 octane race gas
Suspension= air bags
Chassis=rear seat bracing
Trans=stock TC w/shift kit
Hoping this will give Z06's, Vipers, etc. a good run.

11s with stock heads, and 20 PSI?.
If you want high 11s, then build for low 11s, and you'll be more likely to actually get there.

I'd say go with 60 PPH, and Cotton's Front Mount. Might even think of a double pumper. A 61 isn't a bad choice either, I haven't run a GT3255A, but the 61 is nice one.

And beating on an old stock tranny will shorten it's life. Might even plan on reworking it, and adding a little more converter.

Hey Tracy

About to finish installing a GT6152 turbo along MSD 50's. I also got the alky kit from Julio. I'm planning on finishing sometime on monday.I also installed a dutt neck. I had PTE burn me a chip for the 50's and the 61. I think trans wise i will eventually do a beefed up rebuild. I already have 3k stall converter and shift kit in it already.

I'll drop you a line when see how she runs.;)

Talk to ya soon

Phil