my buick is sick

FatNasty231

any information on this would be greatly appreciated. the other day when i was driving my buick home,it started spitting and sputtering pretty bad. the motor was fluttering,almost like it wasn't running on all cylinders. i did just recently change chips in it about 2-3 weeks ago. it did make a big difference performance wise. it actually gave the cam a more aggressive lope. i'm hope it is something simple like a TPS or IAC valve. thanks for any help. dale

Did you buy the chip for the injectors you are running? Do you know the timing spec's in the chip? Who's the chipmaker? Need more info.

Can you take a minute to update your signature so we know what you have.
And do you have any more information? How are the fluid levels? Does the oil look ok or look like choclate milk? How does the oil smell, does it smell like gas? How do your spark plugs look? Have you ever done the famous spring cleaning? It could be all kinds of things, coil pack comes to mind also.
Thanks,
Chuck

no i haven't checked any of that yet,because it just recently happened,and i haven't brought my tools home from work to check it. i did check the oil on the dipstick and it was fine. it was not milky so i'm sure it's not a head gasket. i'm going to look more into it this weekend.

no i haven't checked any of that yet,because it just recently happened,and i haven't brought my tools home from work to check it. i did check the oil on the dipstick and it was fine. it was not milky so i'm sure it's not a head gasket. i'm going to look more into it this weekend.

I understand, good luck, I hate when stuff goes wrong, let us know what it was or what you find.

Chuck

The headgasket may have blown between cylinders or to the inside or outside and not into any coolant passages so you wouldn't get the milkshake effect. If it blows to the inside, you will be pushing oil out of every gasket on the motor. If it blows between cylinders or to the outside, it will run kind of funky like you are describing. Do a compression test on the motor and let us know what you find. I'd bet you blew the head gasket between two cylinders.

Also, check for vacuum leaks. It may be something simple like a vacuum hose popped off or something.

Are you getting any codes on your scanmaster?

well if the chip i did install isn't compatible with the injectors i am running(which are 42.5's)wouldn't that also have alot to do with it. i did pull my dipstick and my oil smelled like fuel. i'm hoping i can put my actual 42.5 lb chip back in,change the oil and filter,and be ok. i will keep ya'll posted.

If the chip doesn't match the injectors. The ecm will be confused and dump fuel and foul the spark plugs.

Change the sparkplugs and install the proper chip and that should fix the problem. (make sure the battery is disconnected beforehand)

If the chip doesn't match the injectors. The ecm will be confused and dump fuel and foul the spark plugs.

Change the sparkplugs and install the proper chip and that should fix the problem. (make sure the battery is disconnected beforehand)

+1

Put the car back as it was before you had the problem. Parts HAVE to be matched for them to work well.

my GN did something similar I changed plugs Maf sensor still the same thing black smoke rolling out of the exhaust , finally got with the guy that works on my car and found the problem cam sensor was bad. So check that to

put the stock chip in and see if that dont cure your problem ive seen this before after market chips sometimes lose it for some reason or another you can start the car and unplug the cam sensor and see what happens also i have had a maf screen flip inside the hose before i no longer run the mass air sensor XFI fast is the way to go