Motor making a pounding noise

Common engine knowledge and trouble shooting skills are a must. Along with a thick skin. Blowing doughnuts in an empty parking lot in first gear is not what these cars were designed for. No car is. These cars will throw everything right back at you. This one seems to be winding up for the pitch.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Common engine knowledge and trouble shooting skills are a must. Along with a thick skin. Blowing doughnuts in an empty parking lot in first gear is not what these cars were designed for. No car is. These cars will throw everything right back at you. This one seems to be winding up for the pitch.

I know that and as I said in the first sentence of this post I was blunt and said I was being stupid.
Now that I can't find the remote to rewind time back...I'm stuck in the presence of a jacked up motor. And I need help. I'll begin with the compression test then go from there

No need to bag on this guy for showing off for some girls we all have done the samething at one point or another asides that he is asking for help to diagnose is mistake

Good enough for me. Back to diagnosis.

Exactly, I was with 4 chicks and they were pretty impressed. The one that was in the passenger seat ended up in the back with the others so I would say it was worth it lol.
Anyways I don't want to believe it is a blown was gasket because I'm not seeing much evidence leading me in that direction. My plugs look fine as they are new (200 miles on them) and and my oil looks perfectly normal on the dip stick. The noise was loudest on the intake. I have no clue where to go from there besides the compression test

Exactly, I was with 4 chicks and they were pretty impressed. The one that was in the passenger seat ended up in the back with the others so I would say it was worth it lol.
Anyways I don't want to believe it is a blown was gasket because I'm not seeing much evidence leading me in that direction. My plugs look fine as they are new (200 miles on them) and and my oil looks perfectly normal on the dip stick. The noise was loudest on the intake. I have no clue where to go from there besides the compression test

Well you didnt end up in the back seat with the four girls so damage being worth is is still to be determined hahaha :cool:

Was you just pinging it off the rev limiter the hole time

Not to pull the focus of DannyJov but I was showing off for my kids and blew the trans and shaved the teeth off the pinion gear in my 06 Z71 so I too can tear some stuff up buy playing around when and where I shouldnt be :cool:

Danny.....is your coolant mysteriously "disappearing" again!!!

Fire up the car, remove the oil filler cap or breather and listen for exhaust noise...my bet is a head gasket blown into the valley too

Bryan