Motor making a pounding noise

Come on now Heisenberg, even you had a soft spot for the kid, sounding more like a father or even a Big Brother figure; as we all did in trying to help the kid out. One thing is for sure, you don't screw your mentors, teachers, or your fellow members, who are willingly going out of there way to help anyone with a unsolved problem, or someone buying something from you.

There was something about this kid the first time I started to read his problem, and the fine print underneath his Avatar that states:
Do Not Buy From Me

True statement especially when it was written by the cojones himself

Oh yeah.
No doubt.
I felt for him for sure.
That's why I tried to boost his spirits and help him focus.
Hell - I was within 5 minutes of sending him a Harbor Freight gift card for a motor stand.
I've been there.
I think he knew he screwed up with Bison and that was his way of trying to say - something. I dunno.
He didn't seem like a criminal, just a dumb kid.
We've all been that - once

I don't think he was a criminal. It's just harder to make good on a mistake than to not make it in the first place. A hotair with a smoked motor from a newbie is pretty much a totaled car.

Fucking over Bison, and not making good, will blow a bridge to his only hope. He was just in too deep at that point.

Damn, just wasted 30 minutes of my life for nothing. Can someone go put a warning on the first post that there is no closure to this post, we'll never know what was wrong.

He ran the car with no oil pressure. Then did donuts until it became audible. Then drove it home. Essentially totaling his car.

Just hang around a little while. This story's a little more common than it should be.

Damn, just wasted 30 minutes of my life for nothing. Can someone go put a warning on the first post that there is no closure to this post, we'll never know what was wrong.

If you think about it, any body who reads this really don't waste any time especially when many members has good points of troubleshooting the first post and all it's threads.

Secondly, read this: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...ski-payment-for-anything.397607/#post-3331156,
Maybe one day this kid will come forward and straighten his situation with Bison, and then possibly continue with his post, and then you and everyone else may want to know the outcome of this first post.

I have to agree with Earl. This thing started out to help a "newbie" get through the trials and pitfalls of TR ownership. There was a lot of good support (even financial!) offered in the hopes of having a young person succeed in perhaps one of the most difficult automotive scenarios that I can think of.
We tried. He failed.

That said, speaking for only myself, I will still read half hour threads and try to help in what way that I can. That's what is about, no?

Well, knowing what has went wrong with other peoples cars and what symptoms they had is what really helps me diagnose issues with mine. Since we never found out the issue i feel I gained nothing. I thought it was torque converter bolts as I had that happen on mine and thought a rod was knocking. I was so thankful when I found the lose bolts. Anyway, just really would have like to known what made that horrible noise. I read through it and didn't see any mention of low oil pressure, which I also experienced once and turned out to be wiped cam lobe. The more issues you resolve yourself or read about others resolving the better equipped you are to deal with all the issues these cars have. Just my thoughts.

there is no closure to this post, we'll never know what was wrong.
I understand your point of view as far as not knowing the end result. I can think of many " my car is doing this and I can't figure out why" posts that I've spent a lot of time reading and then the thread just stops. No resolution. Did it get fixed? Did the guy sell it or kill himself or buy a Mustang or the ol' lady said it's the car or me?

I've learned a lot along the way- mainly things I shouldn't do- but a resolution more often then not would be cool too. I may have the same issue and someone could come up with something I hadn't thought of. Cheers!
Troy

It wasn't low oil pressure, it was 0 oil pressure. In his previous thread he installed a used chinese timing cover and started and ran the car many times without the pump being primed. (Odds are while running so much with the pump dry, some alum shavings made their way into the oil galleys too).

Then during donuts while holding the car in low gear the bottom end decided to show him who's boss.

After that he was kicked off the board for screwing over a member.

It wasn't low oil pressure, it was 0 oil pressure. In his previous thread he installed a used chinese timing cover and started and ran the car many times without the pump being primed. (Odds are while running so much with the pump dry, some alum shavings made their way into the oil galleys too).

Then during donuts while holding the car in low gear the bottom end decided to show him who's boss.

TRUE.

TRUE.

TRUE DAT !!!!

So the moral of the story is do not do unto others as you were trying to do unto some fat chicks while doing donuts with zero oil pressure?

Yep. always strive for fluid transfer....

.....but always make sure to keep certain fluids in their place!!