Motor making a pounding noise

Have you removed the passenger side cover to check the pushrods ?:(

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
The noise was coming from the drivers side. As much as I don't want to touch the passenger side....I probably will end up doing it for peace of mind.

Fire up the car, remove the oil filler cap or breather and listen for exhaust noise...my bet is a head gasket blown into the valley too

Bryan

How would I hear for exhaust noise. How would it sound. My car is very loud due to a shitty exhaust system so I'm not sure if I will be able to hear anything specific

Post a video of the noise.

I'll do it right now... But like I said earlier my car sounds like shit so it'll be hard to hear exactly. I might have to post a few of them

Well I'm glad Jerryl had me record a video because I just heard it ALOT louder this start up and I think it's safe to say its coming from the tranny. What could have possibly happened. The flywheel area...

Also I have no clue how to upload that video...

My coolant level is also substantially lower than what it was the morning before this happened. But the water in my radiator is full

LOL - here we go again.

Well I'm glad Jerryl had me record a video because I just heard it ALOT louder this start up and I think it's safe to say its coming from the tranny. What could have possibly happened. The flywheel area...

Probably blew the pump and your torque converter is now trashed.
I mean - on your "new" trans that is
Any red fluid around the cover area?

I had a situation once where the trans bolts were not tightened by the "installer" (not me)

cracked the flex plate and sounded pretty bad.

hopefully you will not have to replace the trans.

Bob

Maybe the inspection cover is loose? Post the video on YouTube.
If you think trans, unbolt the converter from the flex plate, push converter into trans, and start the car. No noise = narrowed it down.

Probably blew the pump and your torque converter is now trashed.
I mean - on your "new" trans that is
Any red fluid around the cover area?

Nope no leaking fluid anywhere. This may sound dumb but is there any way I bent the flywheel..because it sounds like it's making that clanking noise intermittently as the flywheel is swinging around.

Trying to pinpoint a clunk or clank is a real crap shoot.
You're going to have to get down to basics and pull the valve covers and see what the valve train is doing
The oil filter and pan to see if there is any debris
The flywheel cover on the trans to see what the flywheel / TC looks like
Cylinder pressure test to see what condition they are - plugs go with that - so that will give you peek

I feel for you. sorta.
With the cold weather - it is no time to be having to do all that stuff this time of year
Which by the way - cold weather and all - how much boost are you running..if I dare even ask

Maybe the inspection cover is loose? Post the video on YouTube.
If you think trans, unbolt the converter from the flex plate, push converter into trans, and start the car. No noise = narrowed it down.
Wow I've never even touched a trans before but I could care less...this old beater is my toy so why the hell not. So once I unbolt it, I will be able to push it back toward the tranny itself?

Nope no leaking fluid anywhere. This may sound dumb but is there any way I bent the flywheel..because it sounds like it's making that clanking noise intermittently as the flywheel is swinging around.

Listen to Jerryl
Pull the inspection cover to find out

There are no easy answers to this one

But if I had to swag something - based upon your observations of the noises emanating from the flywheel area - I'd lean pump

I had a situation once where the trans bolts were not tightened by the "installer" (not me)

cracked the flex plate and sounded pretty bad.

hopefully you will not have to replace the trans.

Bob

I hope I won't have to replace it. I think it is still under warranty though. How would those loose bolts affect the felx plate?

Trying to pinpoint a clunk or clank is a real crap shoot.
You're going to have to get down to basics and pull the valve covers and see what the valve train is doing
The oil filter and pan to see if there is any debris
The flywheel cover on the trans to see what the flywheel / TC looks like
Cylinder pressure test to see what condition they are - plugs go with that - so that will give you peek

I feel for you. sorta.
With the cold weather - it is no time to be having to do all that stuff this time of year
Which by the way - cold weather and all - how much boost are you running..if I dare even ask

I'm only runnin about 15lbs but I mean...my car absolutely loves this weather. Oh and trust me it's away for the winter. It's already being torn apart.