Meet the new 3.8

ok i get it

what frame work are you doing? did you get in a crash? you know i'm a body man/painter too i think you know that. did you know i started a how to do bodywork thread. if you want to add any of your painting stuff to it you can. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/how-tos/329021-how-do-bodywork.html

you know what, i should have mentioned that before. It would have saved people alot of stress. What everybody here is telling me, im not taking for granted and cast into the wind, its just alot of info people are telling me and its hard to pinpoint who is exactly on the money, so i have to make my own choice and live with what i got until i can hustle whatever it is off of my hands. I want to go B/T, but I got to find parts to swap my motor, and to start the project, AND i have to keep the car running

as for bodywork, im doing extremely little things like adjusting bumpers, doors, slight metalwork, looking for an aluminum core supports, ect s*it like that. Youll be the first to know when I start to paint the hooptie Matt:smile:

BTW where did you go to learn bodywork???

you know what, i should have mentioned that before. It would have saved people alot of stress. What everybody here is telling me, im not taking for granted and cast into the wind, its just alot of info people are telling me and its hard to pinpoint who is exactly on the money, so i have to make my own choice and live with what i got until i can hustle whatever it is off of my hands. I want to go B/T, but I got to find parts to swap my motor, and to start the project, AND i have to keep the car running

as for bodywork, im doing extremely little things like adjusting bumpers, doors, slight metalwork, looking for an aluminum core supports, ect s*it like that. Youll be the first to know when I start to paint the hooptie Matt:smile:

BTW where did you go to learn bodywork???

most people when they do frame work that means they got in a crash. i thought you were talking about a frame pull. i kinda learnt myself and doing it. i just do bodywork and paint work alot so i am good. as you know the more you do the better you are.

GM Buick 231 V6 engine

dude. sell what you can, and get this!

whoops. heres a COMPLETE engine with TURBO! OOOH AND TRANSMISSION!!! DAYUM

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/2008165697.html

yes i realize its a Hot Air motor, but Jesus H. Cristopher Tango! only $2000 for everything! and it supposedly runs.....here's my take, grab the damn thing. convert your car to a HA....it oughta work..no?

hey kid looks like you didnt reallly search hard enough, the complete HA engine was posted 5 days ago...hm. perspnally; 2 grand with trans and it runs, i'd take any day....could sell 2 engines and 1 trans to make money back IMO; or even part out the HA engine and put carb stuff on it, but i take it the CR is really much much lower than a NA engine, no?

That's not a bad deal at all. That would be the best and all you'd need to do is swap the intakes and drop it in. Sell off the rest of the parts and you can make some of your money back.

That's not a bad deal at all. That would be the best and all you'd need to do is swap the intakes and drop it in. Sell off the rest of the parts and you can make some of your money back.

what about the internals? i believe that its not really neccesary to tear it apart to swap part on the motor. Plus portland is kinda far for me right now.

the HA engine is in Seattle though; and apparently runs!

also, the other engine is in Washougal, isnt that like a little bit north of Portland? IE< Camas area? I suck at geography...lol.

as for internals? whatchootalkingaboutromone?

the Hot Air engine's internals should be OK with different intake manifolds!

the Jeep project engine should be OK with basic rebuild, but thats why its only $125!