Meet the new 3.8

here charlie the mesurements may be off a little its hard to take a pic and measure at the same time.

Attachments

• SDC10073.jpg
    SDC10073.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 281
  • SDC10074.jpg
    SDC10074.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 289
  • SDC10076.jpg
    SDC10076.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 288
  • SDC10077.jpg
    SDC10077.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 298
count 7 buick V6s blocks to date.

all were non useable at the end of the day. bwa ha ha ! the quest for 10s has not been easy!

BUT on that same note, alot of them were serious experiments... looking for tolerance levels on purpose. ever seen a buick with like 60* of timing? lol its awesome!

A.j.

I've run as much as 45 but never 60 on an NA. I bet it was fun while it lasted though.:biggrin:

here charlie the mesurements may be off a little its hard to take a pic and measure at the same time.

One more measurement needed Matt. From the top of the piston to the pin location. That will give some sort of idea of pin height, then we can stop hijacking Romones thread.:biggrin:

i dont know if i measured it right but here it is any way.

Attachments

• SDC10079.jpg
    SDC10079.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 271
i dont know if i measured it right but here it is any way.

I know exactly what pistons those are. I have several sets.

I can post specs later if Charlie really needs them.

and just for info,

center of pin hole to top of piston for compression height measurments.

:smile:A.j.

I know exactly what pistons those are. I have several sets.

I can post specs later if Charlie really needs them.

and just for info,

center of pin hole to top of piston for compression height measurments.

:smile:A.j.

i thought i was wrong. sorry. so what are they for a buick 4.1 and whats the compression ratio on them?

i thought i was wrong. sorry. so what are they for a buick 4.1 and whats the compression ratio on them?

They look like Stage II pistons for a longer rod Matt. Figuring out what you've got will help you sell them or maybe use them. Post the info if you've got it Aj. Just wondering whether or not it would be feasible to use them:confused:.

They look like Stage II pistons for a longer rod Matt. Figuring out what you've got will help you sell them or maybe use them. Post the info if you've got it Aj. Just wondering whether or not it would be feasible to use them:confused:.

do you know any stage 2 guys who would know? i hope aj knows.

If you're lucky you should be able to find a stock turbo crank in the for sale section for less than $200. If it's a 109 block you're gonna need the oil pan and timing cover as well. They don't exacly interchange unfortunatly.

there 12:1 stage 2 pistons. for the 6.0 rods.

they would physically fit in a regular block on the correct rods, but the compression is just to high for street use. the cam would have to be gigantic to bring the dynamic compression down enough.

A.j.

Cool pick up Ramone, All I have to say at the moment is: keep it simple.

Thanks Adam.... im trying to follow in your footsteps a bit. What i really need is a crank, timing cover, bearings, intake, headers, and turbo. Matt is hooking me up with some liturature on how to convert a holley carb into a B/T carb.

Thanks Adam.... im trying to follow in your footsteps a bit. What i really need is a crank, timing cover, bearings, intake, headers, and turbo. Matt is hooking me up with some liturature on how to convert a holley carb into a B/T carb.

ya know, you could always use a pressure cooker on the carb if you dont want to convert it.

A.j.

^^ that's true. Or buy mine haha

I have a turbo crank that's 10/10 and needs turned again, but it's out of someones track car and it has some Mallory in it along with a bunch machining from an internal balance job: so probably not for you,
and a Stock 4.1 intake oh and a NEW Weiand X-cellerator intake.

there 12:1 stage 2 pistons. for the 6.0 rods.

they would physically fit in a regular block on the correct rods, but the compression is just to high for street use. the cam would have to be gigantic to bring the dynamic compression down enough.

A.j.

Hmmm. Got me thinking Aj. How about using a stock legnth rod and Series II heads on a RWD block.:biggrin: Bet that would drop the compression just enough to use.:cool:

Hmmm. Got me thinking Aj. How about using a stock legnth rod and Series II heads on a RWD block.:biggrin: Bet that would drop the compression just enough to use.:cool:

yea.... but quench would kill you in a NA application,

turbo maybe.... but it will be lazy down low that deep in the hole.

A.j.