Meet the new 3.8

Thanks Adam.... im trying to follow in your footsteps a bit. What i really need is a crank, timing cover, bearings, intake, headers, and turbo. Matt is hooking me up with some liturature on how to convert a holley carb into a B/T carb.

when you send me your info i can send it out to you.

there 12:1 stage 2 pistons. for the 6.0 rods.

they would physically fit in a regular block on the correct rods, but the compression is just to high for street use. the cam would have to be gigantic to bring the dynamic compression down enough.

A.j.

now i know what i got. so, how much are they even worth?

0cc.jpg

c2a.jpg

741.jpg

Shots of the Kids stuff.

A.j.

wait are those heads in the bags or a crank and something else? i just looked at the pics again sorry for the extra post everyone.

those are the heads in the bags no crank. i just posted this message with my playstation beacause my puter is down but i got the net still!:D:biggrin:

those are the heads in the bags no crank. i just posted this message with my playstation beacause my puter is down but i got the net still!:D:biggrin:

ok i get it. yea i thought that was heads after i looked at them again.

So really, what was the point of buying this motor?

That's what I am wondering. The odds of it getting in the car are 1000x less likley then getting that compression test done on the old motor.

Should have gotten the running 4.1, taken it & the car to a shop and have it installed. That might have had a chance of happening.

That's what I am wondering. The odds of it getting in the car are 1000x less likley then getting that compression test done on the old motor.

Should have gotten the running 4.1, taken it & the car to a shop and have it installed. That might have had a chance of happening.

the price of the 4.1 was a typo. The old 4.1 i was looking at was a bit pricey for me, and the new one i found, the owner typo'd on the price, it was $1400:eek: The 3.8 i got for pretty cheap with a bunch of parts. The compression check on the old moter was about between 120 and 90 lbs on all of the cylinders. I just got off of the phone with a machine shop that would inspect and magnaflux the block for 100 bucks. The old motor is having compression issues and Is going to come out soon hopefully. Ive gotten offers on it too.

the price of the 4.1 was a typo. The old 4.1 i was looking at was a bit pricey for me, and the new one i found, the owner typo'd on the price, it was $1400:eek: The 3.8 i got for pretty cheap with a bunch of parts. The compression check on the old moter was about between 120 and 90 lbs on all of the cylinders. I just got off of the phone with a machine shop that would inspect and magnaflux the block for 100 bucks. The old motor is having compression issues and Is going to come out soon hopefully. Ive gotten offers on it too.

how much did you pay for this motor if you dont mind me asking. and how much are you being offered for your current motor?

Sounds like you've got a good begining. This engine should be in better condition but you need to get a crank and have it assembled properly. then for now just switch everything out and get the car running right for a change.

how much did you pay for this motor if you dont mind me asking. and how much are you being offered for your current motor?

400 bones and I dont know, he might try to get a friend discount, but the car is worth more with the original motor. if i were to sell it, probably 500 bucks.