Max power with 6262 pump gas

Without alky that would be more of a function of cylinder pressure which relates more to the engine build than the turbo itself. Had one dyno 515whp on Richard Clark's dyno 2 weeks ago. That's low 10's no problem. The car had a 9.5" converter and ran 93/alky.

Going to dyno tune the car monday and was looking for some ideas. Thinking 16psi, timing locked at 14* should be somewhat safe. I'd like to see 550rwhp on pump gas for street trim. Intake temps should be in the 90-110* range. Similar motors have made 540rwhp on 14.5psi but the car i'm thinking of had twin gt30's. I know those gt30's were just starting to breath where my 6262 should be in the sweet spot.

It will take a lot of rpm to get those kind of numbers @16psi. The engine would need to be built to peak around 5800-6000rpm and have really good heads on it. 550whp is easily 10.50 or better. The 62cea wheel is extremely strong between 65 and 70lbs/minute. The 62 turbine choke flows right around that point. At 14.5psi to make 550whp on one of these it would take even more rpm. A fast ramp cam can broaden the power band and raise it with much less advertised duration but the mass flow is still limited by the engine speed. Most of the smaller intercooler cores will cause a lot of pressure drop at those rpm's also.

I just noticed your not even a Buick Guy......Got a mudstain and getting advice on a GM board...hmmmm....Thought I smelled a Ford and saw flys swarming...LOL
Just realized it also now that im on the full site. Cant see anything in the iOS app. Hes a lot closer to making that power than most would think on here.

The ex ports were opened to the size of the ex valve to manitain velocity, intake ports have been gasket matched, custom race multi angle valve job with extensive bowl work. The cam shaft is hyd 218/224 @ .500, .580 114*. Motor should make power to 6000 rpm. My concern after speaking with precision is the .63 3 bolt turbine housing. the tech i spoke with was certain the motor would choke before maxxing out this turbo on a 260ci motor. Spool is very fast and thats what I like but dont want to sacrifice too much top end.

Running a bar and plate type fmic 31x12x3 3" piping. May go with a 4" core if the pressure drop is too great. Ideally I'd like to upgrade to a 6466 but the price is more than i'm willing at this time. I think a 6776 or 6766 would perform nearly the same on my motor and save me a little cash.

Sorry if I offended anyone by posting here on this site. I like to talk pushrod turbo v6. I know Bison is very knowledgable about the subjects I'm interested in and appreciate you chiming in. As a matter of fact, I have never meet anyone so well versed in turbo anything, v8 and especially v6. Or atleast that is willing to share their knowledge.

The turbo will choke flow the engine. I don't know the flow limitations of your intercooler and exhaust but those heads will flow quite a bit of air. You could go more aggressive on the cam and not add much if any overlap and really make a lot power by going up in turbo. Just doing one or the other won't net much unless you were planning on going up in octane and increasing the pressure ratio

I have a vibrant ic rated at 850hp although have read where it supported more at the wheel on a supra. ex is 3" straight through design running through a magnaflow 3.5" single muffler ad dumped at rear axle. The muffler is straight through design, no baffles. Do you think going to a .85 ar precision would help? My car weighs 3300lbs with driver. I saw where grey racer has a 109 stroker with this turbo and went 130mph and mid 10's.

The problem with these heads (split port) and methanol injection is distribution. The intake has 12 runners feeding 6 chambers. I have the alky kit in my car and all i need to do is run a power wire to the pressure switch and it's hooked up. I have had headaches with this kit for a while. I generally add 110oct when i'm at the track and want to crank it up. But after I get the base tune for 93oct squared away i will probablly try out a few ideas I have to get the meth kit right.

I wouldn't push the meth injection unless you can plumb it into the individual runners. As far as a .85 a/r on your turbo my only comment us that I've run a 6265 to Approx. 78lbs/min and ran the compressor out of breath. I had a 3 bolt .63 housing on it. With the 62 turbine it might help a little but going to a larger a/r wont net anywhere near as much as going to a larger turbine. With high octane that engine has incredible potential. With heads and cam i could see 800+whp being a reality as long as the fuel delivery is up to par.

There are 3 different style lower intakes that bolt to this head. 2 of them have 12 in 12 out ports with one of these have imrc's and the other does not. "Intake Manifold Runner Control". The 3rd lower is a 6 in 12 out style where the ports split inside the lower intake. I'm thinking a bread box upper on the 6-12 lower will help with liquid distribution. I'm still a ways out on fabbing the boxxed upper so that may be a winter project. Have considered direct injection. Just got to be sure that it will work correctlly before I start drilling and tapping holes in my upper intake. That will probablly be the way to go though.

The weak link in this motor are the head studs. It will hold 600rwhp like a champ with good tune but once it's pushed over 700whp heads start to lift. It has 11mm studs in it stock but there is enough material to drill and tap for 1/2" studs. I would need to do some work to push this car past 650rwhp. Really considering that 6765 you are selling.

Attachments

• 12-12.jpg
    12-12.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 187
  • th.jpg
    th.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 12inhead.jpg
    12inhead.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 204
That's only a little less than the crappy fasteners we use on the Buicks. If a good set of studs were used and the correct gasket and timing was spot on id bet there is a lot more power potential before cylinder pressure lifts the heads. Thats why I suggested an aggressive can with more duration at .200+. You can raise the power band a few hundred rpm and not increase cylinder pressure too much. Also we could spread the lobes a little more and help level the cylinder pressure across a wider range so boost can be increased without causing head lifting or detonation tendency. There is a lot of power in doing so when the heads flow the number and the turbo will support the mass flow. There was once a time when a lot of guys thought 22psi was the limit on an LC2. It was fun watching them squirm when I whipped them with much less than they had.

Good power has been made on the ford 3.8. If u have the arp studs and a good tune like bison said u will b good. Cmac made 660 at the wheels with the 6765@20psi and e85.
If u plan to really push the limits method injection is good, but I would still run some race fuel at high boost

What up shiner? That 6765 looks good hanging there lol. How is your build coming along? Yeah, he made a lot of power on the dyno but the rest of the car wasnt up to par.

Got the car all cleaned up, tools and tuning gear packed up ready to make the trip to see willie lynch at dirtydirty racing.

Why are ford guys on here? Dripping oil in the parking lot is bad enough

We have an awesome resource here that they want to query :) It's amazing to see how much power people make on the same size turbos on other motors. Evo's putting down 600+ AWHP, running 40psi, etc.

We have an awesome resource here that they want to query :) It's amazing to see how much power people make on the same size turbos on other motors. Evo's putting down 600+ AWHP, running 40psi, etc.
Thats because the power band is much higher than the engines we typically run. 700whp@30psi/5500rpm is about the same a 800whp@45psi/7500rpm. Both are 75-80lbs/min of air.

to tell you the truth i have a soft spot for your guys turbo buicks. the ford 3.8l essex engine is based off the gm 3.8. so the endless turbo v6 knowledge on here rocks. Im a tru car guy, while i have my preferences what i drive, i dont bash on others cars. if its fast i can respect it...
jt, i just saw that you have the same cam as myself. its an awesome street cam for sure! no if you are going to push the limits then i believe you will need more duration.

Your turbo v6 Mustang is cool. It's great to see people thing outside the box.