many mods promised me 11's but running 14's!

There are still some of the terry houston 3" dp's available, like the one I am taking off my car for a 3.5" setup. :biggrin:

Check out the simmons 17" rims on robsiron car. They have the big look, but still facilitate perfomance. I honestly don't think there are a better looking set out there if this is what you are going for

OMG!! I think I popped something!:p Those wheels definitely go better with the flare of the GNX wheel wells. VERY NICE although They would look nice probably anywhere. Wish my wife's **s had the same effect on me.lol:eek:

wow im suprised, some of you guys are some real a$$holes, specially the guys from midwest that thing any car with billet wheels belong on a rap video. So what if the guy has 20's on his car. Your disrespecting him and yourself with your stupid ignorant comments. If i was him i would sell the car and never talk to anyone on here agian.Then i would buy an F body put 2 stages of nitrous on and tell you how slow your v6 is. Thats not a nice way to greet a new member to the board by telling him his car is junk and get rid of those wheels and do something else that you would do. He can keep the wheels IMO. If he wants to run 11's on those wheels he will just have to get more parts to do it.Possibly a nitrous kit to boost the turbo when he rolls off the line. Some of you need to learn some manners:mad: Only a few of you are really trying to help him, everyone else should just stay out of it.

wow im suprised, some of you guys are some real a$$holes, specially the guys from midwest that thing any car with billet wheels belong on a rap video. So what if the guy has 20's on his car. Your disrespecting him and yourself with your stupid ignorant comments. If i was him i would sell the car and never talk to anyone on here agian.Then i would buy an F body put 2 stages of nitrous on and tell you how slow your v6 is. Thats not a nice way to greet a new member to the board by telling him his car is junk and get rid of those wheels and do something else that you would do. He can keep the wheels IMO. If he wants to run 11's on those wheels he will just have to get more parts to do it.Possibly a nitrous kit to boost the turbo when he rolls off the line. Some of you need to learn some manners:mad: Only a few of you are really trying to help him, everyone else should just stay out of it.

I agree that it is nobody's business to tell this guy to get rid of his 20s. If he likes them then by all means he should keep them. They obviously are making his car slower, and that IS something that should be addressed. As far as bashing the guy, he didn't ask for it.

However, YOU have no business grouping all of us "midwestern" people into one group. I am a "midwestern" person (from Texas, just moved to AR) and I never mentioned anything about his 20s. I personally don't like 20s on a GN either, but to each his own. I am not going to attack him just because I am a "midwestern" person.

i was stating a correlation between negitive comments and people from outwest, i didnt mention names for this reason

Thanks

Gabe

i was stating a correlation between negitive comments and people from outwest, i didnt mention names for this reason

Thanks

Gabe

I'm from the really far North. But I couldn't believe this post. I stated couple weeks ago that everyone on here comes with a bad ATTITUDE.. I just asked the questions that everybody would have asked anyways trying to help(another post..not this one)... all because I want to belong..I GOT JUMPED just like this guy. I've watched this board from the get go but never became a member till 2004, I needed answers for some thing important(because the vender never said Give me 1100 dollars...OH you need a duel fan set up to cool it.btw..HUH!) life is not gift wrapped-suggestions from people were great AFTER a good friend stated I needed help.WoW and here's three friggin pages and he's replied 3 friggin times, with everyone assuming something else or the SOME OTHER crap....I give up..shame on you all.DON'T WAIT TO SEE, JUST POST!!! my god!!!!Read from the beginning then post. you friggin teenager swarmers... some people do work you know. I'm in for 38 days I'm on day 15 12 hr shifts. I don't want sympathy just stating... HEY! Do you believe he was at church...I sure the hell don't. what about you tom, dick, harry.. lets make him road kill and feed em to Mary J. Just know I cant get back to YA ALL in 2 seconds...opps didnt state it in my post...my bad...didn't anticipate a response so many would really care about.!!! SORRY I was Wrong DONT HAVE INTERNET>>>BECAUSE I'M WORKING. I need help with my car but I'm afraid as HELL to post...trust me...what are we becoming. I'm white by the way not Indian or black or anything else. I speak with letters not skin tones so obviously race is not an issue. I just think the new generation has no respect and we are doomed...and patience is not an issue. JMO cause every Tom, dick and Harry has one. read for what its worth..but before you judge,.. re read this post from the beginning, and we all know who we are. Have a good day to all. j/k Lets fry the fu**in bastard for going to church and not responding in a timely manner. lol But I digress. Hope this makes a little sence to some. DEEP BREATH.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Maybe it's just me, but whenever I post a request for help I make sure that I'm going to be near the computer for at least a couple hours. That way I can immediately respond to someone that is trying to help me. If the issue was important enough for me to post, then it should be important for me to provide somewhat quick responses to those that are offering help.

Maybe some were a little too harsh in offering their opinion, but the guy said he took no offense to anyone's comments, so why should you?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me, but whenever I post a request for help I make sure that I'm going to be near the computer for at least a couple hours. That way I can immediately respond to someone that is trying to help me. If the issue was important enough for me to post, then it should be important for me to provide somewhat quick responses to those that are offering help.

Maybe some were a little too harsh in offering their opinion, but the guy said he took no offense to anyone's comments, so why should you?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Did you start from the beginning! like i asked. Hopefully know one dies on your watch cause your lucky enough too set aside a few hours with anticipation of a response while you watch law and order. some people hope and prey but still do other things besides wish and hope... JMO... not being a nerd but I know you just had to post
case in point! Thanks:biggrin:

PS don't show this to your boys over seas where they don't have a couple hrs to sit and watch! Have a good day. Just maybe thats all the time they had till next tour and need to belong to something close to home! THIER WIFE, CHILD and CAR if thier so lucky. I've talked to a few... some have computers and time near by... others don't If you know what I mean

To be honest, I could barely read that jibberish in your first post. Seemed like alot of ranting from an angry old man, but that's "JMO". Not sure what you meant by someone dying on my watch either. :rolleyes: Also not sure what our soldiers have to do with this discussion either? Do you believe that they don't think we have the internet here at home? I think your comments are an attempt to trivialize their service and I don't think that they would appreciate THAT!!

To be honest, I could barely read that jibberish in your first post. Seemed like alot of ranting from an angry old man, but that's "JMO". Not sure what you meant by someone dying on my watch either. :rolleyes: Also not sure what our soldiers have to do with this discussion either? Do you believe that they don't think we have the internet here at home? I think your comments are an attempt to trivialize their service and I don't think that they would appreciate THAT!!

If you could "barely read it YOUNG MAN in need of schooling" Why Did you post..??? I'm not stealing this guys post cause I had something to say. I made my point thats all..I'm done! go play on the freeway with your slack ass pants. lol:biggrin: But As everyone knows you'll post again

BTW I'm 40 and I would Kick your Hiney Honey. Trust me...but of course your probably a kung foo gopher and a GN owner so don't f*** with you...LOL later. don't trip on your pants small fry!

same diameter!

Just the fact hes running 20s doesn mean that much. Its the tire diameter not the wheel diameter thats going to cause the problem. If hes running 20s and a very low profile tire which im sure he has to to clear the metal hes not running any differntly then running a set of big drag radials like i see alot doing. The only disadvantage is that he is pushing a lot more rolling weight with those big rims. Now i know squat about 20 inch rims and the tire sizes for them. Maybe you cant match tire diameters with a 15 inch rim on a Gn. If that is so i appologize.

I think we may have stumbled on to a serious question, does a ton of lead or a ton of feathers weigh more?

Just to confirm that I am not that crazy, I measured the diameter of my 60 series 15 in stock wheels and it measured the exact same as my 20in low profile wheels.

So that does not explain my problem out of the whole, this car should be blowing the tires off, but I am doggish out of the whole.

PS they weigh the same for those that thought the 20's would roll further than the stock wheels.

Waddell...not trying to get you all worked up, just trying to make friends and ask a question. And yes I do work alot and do not have time to sit in front of my computer, as I am now learning I need to respond earlier and will. As far as your Church comment, based off the picture from V8Assasin it looks like I am not the only one that goes, besides there is nothing wrong with going to church, I find it important to raise my family in church and your comment to " Lets fry the fu**in bastard for going to church and not responding in a timely manner." is a bit extreme, come on man give me a break!

Diaz, I went through this guy's posts. He clearly has a chip on his shoulder so I won't take any offense to his unitelligable postings.

Lind, I know it's hard to read those moronic posts, but I think he was being sarcastic about the Church comments. But it is kinda funny that he actually claims to be a Christian, but those threats against me don't seem very Jesus like to me.

Hey guys,lets keep in mine that we are all in this forum to learn and help each other out when needed so lets try and stay on track.:)

Amen Stack that is cool, I am located in Columbus and will hopefully be at the Buick HP Nationals, do you know anyone around here that can tune these cars?

I think we may have stumbled on to a serious question, does a ton of lead or a ton of feathers weigh more?

Just to confirm that I am not that crazy, I measured the diameter of my 60 series 15 in stock wheels and it measured the exact same as my 20in low profile wheels.

So that does not explain my problem out of the whole, this car should be blowing the tires off, but I am doggish out of the whole.

PS they weigh the same for those that thought the 20's would roll further than the stock wheels.

My car was also a cow at the line it was do to the Torque converter.
I know you posted you have a 2800 stall but maybe that’s not enough.
And your closed exhaust is not helping either.
Like some one else said open up that exhaust, at this point that would be my first thing on the TO DO LIST.
And once you start braking loose then address that issue

Amen Stack that is cool, I am located in Columbus and will hopefully be at the Buick HP Nationals, do you know anyone around here that can tune these cars?

Well shoot, I know you said you were in Ohio but I didn't realize you were in town. We don't have any options in Columbus. There's Janis in Akron and Lonnie in Cincy, they're the pros. I'm certainly no expert, but I'll be more than happy to hook up and offer any advise/help I can provide. I also have a test pipe that you can have. I'll PM you.

Ok, so it doesn't look like the 20s are causing you to have a slow 60 (they sure don't help) but they aren't the real reason it's so slow down low.

How are you launching the car? From a dead idle? Are you trying to hold the brakes and stall it up until the lights start to drop?

I had a PT51 on my car and a crappy converter (turns out the guy that had the car before me had the tranny rebuilt and the shop put a Monte Carlo converter in it :rolleyes: ) and it was very laggy out of the hole. I had to spray it with a 50 shot to get it going at all. I think mine was a 2.6 60 foot, not spinning and TRYING to spool it off the line.

I put a 3k converter in it and now I can launch @ 20psi if I wanted to blow the tires off it :eek:

Also, if you have access to a video camera that would help us see what is happening.

It may not be all his converter. If the chip is pig rich off idle/low rpm/high load, it wouldn't spool worth a crap either until it gets going. Could be a few things wrong. Really need more scan tool data, etc. to help him out.