Man distracted by bird drives Bugatti into marsh

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
Damn! this is a real drag,
LA MARQUE, Texas – A man blamed a low-flying pelican and a dropped cell phone for his veering his million-dollar sports car off a road and into a salt marsh near Galveston. The accident happened about 3 p.m. Wednesday on the frontage road of Interstate 45 northbound in La Marque, about 35 miles southeast of Houston.
The Lufkin, Texas, man told of driving his luxury, French-built Bugatti Veyron when the bird distracted him, said La Marque police Lt. Greg Gilchrist. The motorist dropped his cell phone, reached to pick it up and veered off the road and into the salt marsh. The car was half-submerged in the brine about 20 feet from the road when police arrived.
Gilchrist said he doesn't know if the car was salvageable, but in his words, "Salt water isn't good for anything." He says the man, whose identity hasn't been released, was not injured.
A 2006 Bugatti Veyron was recently offered for sale in Jonesboro, Ark., for $1.25 million.

I aint buying it...

From what I've heard, most Texas guys arent interested in "birds".;)

Mike B.

BugattiVeyron.jpg

You would think someone rich enough to afford a Bugatti would take some high speed driving lessons. Bird and cell phone - yeah right.

Don't bet on that! I got suckered into doing head gaskets on a hot air car & want to shoot myself. What I won't do for a buick owner in tears. Mean chicken is bring his car don also for head gaskets i think I will take out my wrath upon that low life scum.!

Ah, come on Pappa Lou.
Like I said in your shop today after taking my beating for letting Harold touch things under my hood:biggrin: at Mikes house....
When I walked into your shop all big eyed and full of question 2 years ago, you earned yourself a customer for life. And ever since that day.....it's been nuttin' but rays of sunshine and bags of money coming in your roll up door.:D
You'll never get to retire now!:D
boooowahhahahahaahahahaaaaaaaa.....

And where is the bird.

Nothing worse than telling your insurance company a story about how you just submarined your million dollar toy cuz a big bird buzzed you, and then having the video you didn't know someone took of the accident go viral on the internet showing you managed to lose the road and find the lake unassisted.

I predict a significant rate adjustment is coming his way....:cool:
He might even make the annual Darwin Awards listing...

Ah, come on Pappa Lou.
Like I said in your shop today after taking my beating for letting Harold touch things under my hood:biggrin: at Mikes house....
When I walked into your shop all big eyed and full of question 2 years ago, you earned yourself a customer for life. And ever since that day.....it's been nuttin' but rays of sunshine and bags of money coming in your roll up door.:D
You'll never get to retire now!:D
boooowahhahahahaahahahaaaaaaaa.....

Chicken the only thing that saves you from me wringing your neck is the advisement from that bucket of bolts. You seem to be some national hero I get calls & referrals from some that think your another John Force. I just got finished with a car from Mississippi & all that guy kept saying he wanted to be fast like you.What B.S. are you telling these poor people in that kill section.

Turbo-sparrow:
Is it true that you are trading Lou what's left of your hairpiece for what's left of his head-gasket collection? J/K, Tim, couldn't resist.

Chicken the only thing that saves you from me wringing your neck is the advisement from that bucket of bolts. You seem to be some national hero I get calls & referrals from some that think your another John Force. I just got finished with a car from Mississippi & all that guy kept saying he wanted to be fast like you.What B.S. are you telling these poor people in that kill section.

All posts in the kill section are 100% true, Pappa Lou. I'm a Christian man (ever heard me say a naughty word? :biggrin:) and I'm in church every Sunday like clock work....the only sinning I do is the lawbreaking that occurrs during another kill powered by my Czarnota 6....but I think I'm doing God's work....He keeps bringing me more and more sacrificial lambs to slaughter (sorry Lou...just a euphamism...I'd never actually harm a sheep:biggrin:)...and I'm making believers out of them all.:biggrin:

....and I immediately pull over and pray for forgiveness after each and every kill.....honest....

Turbo-sparrow:
Is it true that you are trading Lou what's left of your hairpiece for what's left of his head-gasket collection? J/K, Tim, couldn't resist.

Yup....I forgot the rule to retorque my heads (I had RJC head gaskets and completely spaced out due to all the fun I've been having) so while the GN was still killin and running great under load, I was having this recurring misfire at idle for the last few weeks. Low compression in a couple cylinders (1 and 6) was detected during a tuning session with Spoolfool2 (forcedfedv6 helped troubleshoot too) so it became apparent that I needed to get the GN back to Pappa Lou for a proper diagnosis, a thorough check-up and some head gaskets. Let's also say he's gonna do some magic too and help me with my next round of upgrades. It should breath nicely and be a solid, safe and smog legal 11 second performer when I get it back.:biggrin:
Gonna have to get me a sticker for my back window.
"PAPPA LOU CZARNOTA'S TURBO Ba-a-aa-a-a-UICKS"
Pappa Lou's the greatest!:biggrin:

I am sure that it will be nice when Lou gets done with it. I am sure that the upgrades will be great also.

All posts in the kill section are 100% true, Pappa Lou. I'm a Christian man (ever heard me say a naughty word? :biggrin:) and I'm in church every Sunday like clock work....the only sinning I do is the lawbreaking that occurrs during another kill powered by my Czarnota 6....but I think I'm doing God's work....He keeps bringing me more and more sacrificial lambs to slaughter (sorry Lou...just a euphamism...I'd never actually harm a sheep:biggrin:)...and I'm making believers out of them all.:biggrin:

....and I immediately pull over and pray for forgiveness after each and every kill.....honest....

Yup....I forgot the rule to retorque my heads (I had RJC head gaskets and completely spaced out due to all the fun I've been having) so while the GN was still killin and running great under load, I was having this recurring misfire at idle for the last few weeks. Low compression in a couple cylinders (1 and 6) was detected during a tuning session with Spoolfool2 (forcedfedv6 helped troubleshoot too) so it became apparent that I needed to get the GN back to Pappa Lou for a proper diagnosis, a thorough check-up and some head gaskets. Let's also say he's gonna do some magic too and help me with my next round of upgrades. It should breath nicely and be a solid, safe and smog legal 11 second performer when I get it back.:biggrin:
Gonna have to get me a sticker for my back window.
"PAPPA LOU CZARNOTA'S TURBO Ba-a-aa-a-a-UICKS"
Pappa Lou's the greatest!:biggrin:

So Chicken is a man of faith & doing the lords work & never utters a curse word & prays for forgiveness after every kill. Now He's putting pressure on me for more power. I think the only thing that will get him off my back & hold up under his heavy foot is a V/8. Praise the Lord !

So Chicken is a man of faith & doing the lords work & never utters a curse word & prays for forgiveness after every kill. Now He's putting pressure on me for more power. I think the only thing that will get him off my back & hold up under his heavy foot is a V/8. Praise the Lord !

Holy be Jesus!
A twin turbo V8 for Christmas?
Gee, thanks, Pappa Lou!:biggrin:

You guys will see once you pull the heads off Chickens car the gaskets will be fine. I have never blown an RJC head gasket.

You guys will see once you pull the heads off Chickens car the gaskets will be fine. I have never blown an RJC head gasket.

Did you ever completely neglect to retorque them for nearly 20,000 miles of hard street duty? I did.
;)
#6 cranking compression was at 85 and #1 was at 115...and the plugs out of both were nasty looking.