Man distracted by bird drives Bugatti into marsh

Did you ever completely neglect to retorque them for nearly 20,000 miles of hard street duty? I did.
;)
#6 cranking compression was at 85 and #1 was at 115...and the plugs out of both were nasty looking.

They just lifted on you.

Yup I've neglected to retorque, that was the learning curve as the car started running faster. ;)

Now I would change the HG's drive the car for 20min... park the car for 24hrs until cold then retorque. I would do that twice w/ ARP studs.

They just lifted on you.

Yup I've neglected to retorque, that was the learning curve as the car started running faster. ;)

Now I would change the HG's drive the car for 20min... park the car for 24hrs until cold then retorque. I would do that twice w/ ARP studs.

No worries.
Lou and I have talked through the possibilities and have a good plan.;)

When did you move to Corona?

You guys will see once you pull the heads off Chickens car the gaskets will be fine. I have never blown an RJC head gasket.

Brent we both know that.But I have meanchickens crew chief Harold calling the shots again. Chicken came over & wanted me to read his plugs five were fouled & were CR43TS intended for a bakery truck or fork lift application the sixth & best one was a R43TS the proper heat range. Now that the car is in my shop I will proceed to figure out whats really going on with the rest of it. Hopefully just a re torque will take care of it. I don't want to hurt the chicken anymore than ness. Plus his wife is threatening to do him with a rolling pin if he keeps breaking his toys.

Brent we both know that.But I have meanchickens crew chief Harold calling the shots again. Chicken came over & wanted me to read his plugs five were fouled & were CR43TS intended for a bakery truck or fork lift application the sixth & best one was a R43TS the proper heat range. Now that the car is in my shop I will proceed to figure out whats really going on with the rest of it. Hopefully just a re torque will take care of it. I don't want to hurt the chicken anymore than ness. Plus his wife is threatening to do him with a rolling pin if he keeps breaking his toys.

I knew when Harold called you while we were at Mikes, and you found out he was working with me and Mike....I was gonna get spanked with the rubber hose....:eek:

I'm not sure what happened with the CR's getting in there.....obviously I installed them a couple months back....and obviously I wasn't paying attention to details as I gapped them and put them in, but I know I asked for the R's.
Knowing Pep Boys, they gave me a mixed box that was marked R43TS. They like to do that when they get a bunch of box's with partial qty's....group them together to give you the 4, 6 or 8 you want to buy, but not necessarily worrying about mixing.

...but....I likely committed the same sin twice....I know when I was at Spoolfools house, when Harold gave me a ride over to Autozone in his Ricer, all Harold and I did was ask for "6 of these" and handed them whatever plug I pulled out of the engine without looking at it.:rolleyes:

Just bust me back down to full Stupid....:(
I've earned it.

I knew when Harold called you while we were at Mikes, and you found out he was working with me and Mike....I was gonna get spanked with the rubber hose....:eek:

I'm not sure what happened with the CR's getting in there.....obviously I installed them a couple months back....and obviously I wasn't paying attention to details as I gapped them and put them in, but I know I asked for the R's.
Knowing Pep Boys, they gave me a mixed box that was marked R43TS. They like to do that when they get a bunch of box's with partial qty's....group them together to give you the 4, 6 or 8 you want to buy, but not necessarily worrying about mixing.

...but....I likely committed the same sin twice....I know when I was at Spoolfools house, when Harold gave me a ride over to Autozone in his Ricer, all Harold and I did was ask for "6 of these" and handed them whatever plug I pulled out of the engine without looking at it.:rolleyes:

Just bust me back down to full Stupid....:(
I've earned it.

How about Dumb Cluck ! I have been saving that for the right moment & it is now.

Accepted.:redface:
Chicken I hope you know that I'm just having fun with you. I also hope you don't mind but I took the day off to put some headers on my Z06 in anticipation of possibly of our paths crossing out in the street some day & don't want to suffer the same humiliation that our dear leader & moderator did at the hands of the rascal spool fool.

But I have meanchickens crew chief Harold calling the shots again.

You should be lucky that even after i sold the buick, I am still such a devoted buick troubleshooter, Mike and I do all the troubleshooting for free so that when the car gets to your shop the problem has already been diagnosed., That way you dont have to spend 30 mins of your life pulling the last hairs on your head trying to figure out whats wrong with it., We are here to help you keep you sanity and keep from buying a hairpiece and then becoming a proud member of the hairclub for men.. :biggrin:

Chicken I hope you know that I'm just having fun with you. I also hope you don't mind but I took the day off to put some headers on my Z06 in anticipation of possibly of our paths crossing out in the street some day & don't want to suffer the same humiliation that our dear leader & moderator did at the hands of the rascal spool fool.

Of course I know you're just messing with me, Pappa Lou.

Oh...so that's how it is....gotta try and one up me with mods on the Z06...
Well I guees I just gotta take my GN to Harold after I get it back from you and have him make it 9's capable for me.

What the!:eek:
Holy crap!
Hey....that wasn't me typing...that was some kinda demon er' something...
Sweet baby hey-soos sprinkle me with Holy Water before I become fully possessed and open my hood in the presence of Harold again.

Just funnin' around Harold...:biggrin:

You should be lucky that even after i sold the buick, I am still such a devoted buick troubleshooter, Mike and I do all the troubleshooting for free so that when the car gets to your shop the problem has already been diagnosed., That way you dont have to spend 30 mins of your life pulling the last hairs on your head trying to figure out whats wrong with it., We are here to help you keep you sanity and keep from buying a hairpiece and then becoming a proud member of the hairclub for men.. :biggrin:

...aaaaaaaand that's why I respectfully asked Lou to do it all over again and be the judge himself....:rolleyes:
Mike I trust, but who knows what the bejesus you broke or jinxed while you were tugging on all my hoses and wires?;)
My GN was running like a champ, then you drove by in that ricer and all the sudden....chug, chug, chug, chug....starts idling all wierd and the DirectScan goes haywire....
I have welts across my back side thanks to you and your phone call to Lou.:(
"Hey Lou...Harold here...I'm working on Meanchickens car, and...."

I felt my heart stop beating and nearly barfed....

...and just what exactly do you have against proud members of The Hairclub For Men.....ahem....:mad:

:biggrin::biggrin:

p.s. Thanks for the help at Mikes

you guys are too funny
Yeah you have two grown man one that claims to be a god fearing chicken & another that swears he's a master mechanic & diagnostician & offers his services for free if you want them or not. What a pair.

Yeah you have two grown man one that claims to be a god fearing chicken & another that swears he's a master mechanic & diagnostician & offers his services for free if you want them or not. What a pair.

when i said you guys that included you Lou:eek:

BTW good talking to you on the phone today, thanks for the advice:smile:

when i said you guys that included you Lou:eek:

BTW good talking to you on the phone today, thanks for the advice:smile:
My pleasure & after talking to you I'm sure your capable of doing your own engine.

Uh oh...Pappa Lou has been hammering away a reply on this post for about 15+ minutes now....must be a good one...

i find that hard to believe Tim i can see it in your eye, don;t forget to change your oil at 3000 miles.

AL