Looking to buy first handgun

I was impressed that it come with 2 magazines, a magazine loader, gun holster and a 2 magazine holster that I didn't know about. After trying to load the magazine by hand, I learned the loader they equipped was a must have. Very stiff spring and hard to load full clip by hand unless you want a sore thumb. Maybe they are all like that and I don't know. Like I said, this is my first handgun. I'm a newbie!

Thanks Jerryl. Already been looking into a laser sight. I will check it out.

In the FWIW dept............Hard to beat the reliability of the Crimson Trace lasers. [Not cheap, but good quality.]
I have the Lasergard Crimson on my Glock 27. Wish I had gotten the grip mt, as the trigger guard mount reduces the holster choices.

(y)Congratulation on your Springfield xd, and as many knows not only the price is important but the grip is very, very important on how it feels on your hand.
Maybe there is an indoor shooting range you can find and try out your new addition.
There is a gun show next week in Greenville, SC and my wife and I are going to check out more hand guns, but I still very much like the Beretta PX4Storm Compact, in 40S&W. :happy:

Crimson Trace units are a lot smaller than this...

In the FWIW dept............Hard to beat the reliability of the Crimson Trace lasers. [Not cheap, but good quality.]
I have the Lasergard Crimson on my Glock 27. Wish I had gotten the grip mt, as the trigger guard mount reduces the holster choices.

Got a pair of Crimson Trace CMR201 rail-mount lasers off E-Bay for $106 each right before Christmas!

Springfield has some nice weapons. I like the XDS 9mm and 45cal 3.3.... Nice choice if you want another home defense gun go with a Sig Sauer or H&K 45cal. Both great guns made well. I carry a Glock 40 Cal daily and I'm not a huge fan of the Glocks. Hate the grips and trigger. I will say this it always goes bang though :)

I'd like to start by saying I didn't read the whole thread, but I've owned a few glocks, a s&w m&p (9km and .40), and a few 1911s (1 sig 2 rock islands) for the price the s&w's weren't bad at all and the road 1911s were pretty nice. Also great thing about the 1911 platform, if you don't like something you can change it relatively easily and cheaply. But if your not looking for a 1911 style gun the s&w's I had were nice and I liked the walthers I shot. Not as much as my g23 but they weren't bad at all.