Looking to buy a new powermaster pump/motor

WIKEDV6

Does anyone know where I can find one? I already tried OldBuickparts.com ... they said it's on back order or they may have just ran out. If you guy know where to get them,please let me know. I know they sell the reman ones but I don't want to go that route.

Thanks
Prasad

I think Kirban had only the rebuilt units so he might be worth a shot. Somewhere, maybe on his site there is a note that the cosmetic condition of the current rebuilts could not be assured.

It's a little hard to believe that at the very least someone can't make a profit refurbishing Powermasters. Six weeks ago I talked to someone at Karp and that conversation wasn't even interesting.

Good luck Prasad.
Bob

I've been going through this same thing for months. I'm actually working on a more user friendly way to convert to vac while keeping the stock pedal this very second.

AFAIK Cardone is the only game in town to referb powermaters. They don't offer them for sale anymore you have to send yours in. I learned that after Advanced Auto won't honor my lifetime warranty on my powermaster. I hate to convert over but my GN is WAAAAAYYYY unsafe with a weak motor and a bad accumulator.

We just replaced two accumulators - both on low mile cars so the original PM units still look good even with the recent Cardone ball (nut on the threaded end) on one and a known good ball older version (within 15% of original) both from Dennis. His used parts were top notch.........

As compared to a recent ream job I got from another member here on the board. Of course when you get older like me, I suppose I should appreciate any screw I can get. :oldman: Maybe you could say, "An old Blind Squirrel shouldn't bite on just anybody's balls." :LOL:

I am hoping these replacements and continued regular brake flushes will keep the brake light off!

I think Kirban had only the rebuilt units so he might be worth a shot. Somewhere, maybe on his site there is a note that the cosmetic condition of the current rebuilts could not be assured.

It's a little hard to believe that at the very least someone can't make a profit refurbishing Powermasters. Six weeks ago I talked to someone at Karp and that conversation wasn't even interesting.

Good luck Prasad.
Bob
Thanks Bob, I also did talk to Jeff at Karp and it was interesting conversation as well. If someone can rebuild the pump/motor,we are golden!

Prasad

I've been going through this same thing for months. I'm actually working on a more user friendly way to convert to vac while keeping the stock pedal this very second.

AFAIK Cardone is the only game in town to referb powermaters. They don't offer them for sale anymore you have to send yours in. I learned that after Advanced Auto won't honor my lifetime warranty on my powermaster. I hate to convert over but my GN is WAAAAAYYYY unsafe with a weak motor and a bad accumulator.

Some other vendor told me that they may be looking into getting a whole new setup made for the powermaster replacement but I am not so sure when or if that is going to happen!

Prasad

I can't imagine that there's any way in hell it's economically feasible to bring a new powermaster to market. If he toolup costs were $20 you'd probably be in the red just from overhead.

I can't imagine that there's any way in hell it's economically feasible to bring a new powermaster to market. If he toolup costs were $20 you'd probably be in the red just from overhead.

I hear ya!
Prasad

There was a guy named Hank Terry who supplied new powermaster motor/pump combinations maybe 10 years ago. I must've purchased 50 or 60 in those days. They were brand new OEM parts...now I wish I had a few left. At the time, they sold for around $150.

There was a guy named Hank Terry who supplied new powermaster motor/pump combinations maybe 10 years ago. I must've purchased 50 or 60 in those days. They were brand new OEM parts...now I wish I had a few left. At the time, they sold for around $150.

I remember buying them for 199.99 ...now they had them listed for 325.00 but no one has them in stock!

Prasad

I found a ph# for Hank Terry and I called, the guy on the end said he retired like 12 years ago!

He was a long time vendor from the 90's. Most of us are either retired or retiring. Vendors going away....!

I have a place local to me that rebuilds anything electronic for am automobile. Typically starters, alternators and such but they are very knowledgable. I might take one of my old power master units to them and see what they say....
I didn't realize the motors were getting hard to find. I just convert to vacuum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a place local to me that rebuilds anything electronic for am automobile. Typically starters, alternators and such but they are very knowledgable. I might take one of my old power master units to them and see what they say....
I didn't realize the motors were getting hard to find. I just convert to vacuum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please find out if you can, I have 10-15 power masters that can use a rebuild. At least the motor/ pump can get done and the other known parts that go bad is still available.
Thanks
Prasad

Hydroboost with an accumulator is the way to go. I got tired of replacing powermasters at 600 a pop or more...

Hydroboost with an accumulator is the way to go. I got tired of replacing powermasters at 600 a pop or more...

From what I was told by a reliable source is that; all the re man units out there ( Cardone) they only replace the accumulator ball and the switch with new ones but the motor/pump is the old one and that's where the problem comes in. I still have my original one on my GN. It still works like a champ. I replace the switch and the accumulator ball along the way. I do change the fluid every season which help it survive!

Prasad