Looking to buy a new powermaster pump/motor

I believe the pumps are long gone and there is no manufacturer who makes the parts. One of the common problems with the pump was the seal would leak between the motor and the pump. Another was the integral relay would fail, contacts would stick and motor would self-destruct.

The other hen's tooth part is the rebuild kit:
18038510powermaster_rebuild_kit.jpg

I'm pretty sure the motors are rebuild-able though.

I wonder if anyone looked into some other substitute that provides the same results like a 12 volt pump and motor setup form any other types of hydraulic or automotive entity! Man, I wish I had the time and resources ! The operation seems simple enough to swap parts!

Prasad

I wonder if anyone looked into some other substitute that provides the same results like a 12 volt pump and motor setup form any other types of hydraulic or automotive entity! Man, I wish I had the time and resources ! The operation seems simple enough to swap parts!

Prasad

This pump/motor substitution is the question I've asked a couple times. I recognized peoples reactions right away - dumb looks, blank stares & dead silence. Been there done that... :banghead: Lol anyway I know I'm no mechanic but like you and others say, lots of $$ is probably the hangup to a final rebuilt.

How many customers would there be for that reman (reconfigured) unit? Originally GM put maybe 30-40,000 units on cars at the factory. How many 85-86-87 GN's, and T-Types (and maybe an Impala or two somewhere along the line?) are left that want this made is an unanswerable question I guess.

Bob